Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1739
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Yeah; I'm figuring the same thing; I'm just wondering how extensive the initial pushback was: was it just Wally, Johnny's memories, and Imra? Or did Johnny's new memories come with a restoration of sorts of the JSA, and Imra's arrival include a restoration of the LoSH? I'm guessing the former, with the plan being that both teams will be restored by the end of Doomsday Clock. (Recall that Doomsday Clock has established that Jon removed the LoSH from the timeline when he removed the JSA.)

But my main issue has to do with how Doomsday Clock will end up fitting into the resulting timeline, and whether or not we're already reading about the resulting timeline in the other titles I mentioned (Justice League and the upcoming Legion of Superheroes: Millennium series). Once this series concludes, will everything else start referencing events from it as things that have already happened? Will they “skip forward a year” and say that Doomsday Clock happened in the interim? Or will they ignore Doomsday Clock entirely and proceed as if the JSA was never removed from the past?
    One thing I think Manhattan, or perhaps Imra and indeed the Metaverse itself couldn't account for was the arrival of Adrian and the other Watchmen characters. In issue 7, she read his mind and said that isn't supposed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    One thing I think Manhattan, or perhaps Imra and indeed the Metaverse itself couldn't account for was the arrival of Adrian and the other Watchmen characters. In issue 7, she read his mind and said that isn't supposed to happen.
    That seems odd as Imra's stay in Arkham was seemingly designed to spring nuRorschach out.

We now have assurances from Bendis that Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, and Bendis' work in general, is aiming at aligning with Doomsday Clock: Doomsday Clock/Legion of Superheroes relaunch connection.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    We now have assurances from Bendis that Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, and Bendis' work in general, is aiming at aligning with Doomsday Clock: Doomsday Clock/Legion of Superheroes relaunch connection.
    Does that mean they will finally get the costume continuity correct??

It also appears that DC#11 (August?) will feature the reinstatement of the Legion of Superheroes and the Justice Society, just before they start making their appearances in September.
    Rogue wears rouge.

IIRC, Earth-Watchman in Doomsday Clock is said to be outside the DC Multi-multiverse, despite containing characters that are pastiches of The New 52's Earth-4 (and now possibly other DC Multi-multiversial Earths.)

So, I get that Doctor Manhattan is an extremely powerful, transcendent super-character anomaly operating across the DC Multi-multiverse and "discovers" how the DC Metaverse works in relation to Superman being its linchpin on Earth-0/Prime Earth... But, something I'm curious about is if the other travelers from Earth-Watchman have any effect as anomalies on Earth-0? We haven't seen the crew, and especially Marionette and Mime for a bit, and I'm hoping they somehow fit elegantly into the theme at play here and not just as reminders of Doctor Manhattan's one-time ability to reflect on humanity, show kindness, and take "action."

Also, as an overtime question/discussion... Does this mean that Watchman-Earth has its own Metaverse and Multi-multiverse too? How about Marvel?

It'd be ballsy for DC to reveal that everything in what I'd call the Maxiverse (all other Metaverses and Multi-multiverses) is predicated by DC's Metaverse/Prime Earth and the history of National Allied Publications eventually dawning the age of the modern superhero in the United States.

Also; I have so many orrery of worlds swirling about in my brain.

There's an Omniverse beyond the Multiverse that Morrison mapped out. And there are other Multiverses in the Omniverse. I don't know if “Earth-Watchmen” is part of another Multiverse; but “Earth-Wild Storm” almost certainly is: its predecessor, the Wildstorm Universe prior to its incorporation into the DC Multiverse, had a Multiverse of its own. (On the other hand, given how changes to the Metaverse reverberate through the Multiverse, it's possible that the Rebirth changes have caused Earth 50 to be reborn as the Wild Storm universe; we won't know for certain unless and until someone visits Earth 50.)

The way I see it, several worlds in the Multiverse serve as “contact points” for worlds outside the Multiverse: Earth 4 is a “contact point” for the Watchmen universe; Earth 7 and 8 serve as “contact points” for the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Marvel Universe; there are others that serve as “contact points” for various Image Comics universes; Tower Comics' Agents of Thunder have a “contact point” in the Agents of Wonder Earth. And so on.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    . . . It'd be ballsy for DC to reveal that everything in what I'd call the Maxiverse . . .
    Maybe it's just me, but that sounds too much like a type of feminine hygiene product.

Spectacular Member

CBR has released a sneak peek of Doomsday Clock 11:https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-doomsd...ck-11-preview/

Looks like the world's going to pot!
    Last edited by JonaX; 09-02-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

CBR has released a sneak peek of Doomsday Clock 11:https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-doomsd...ck-11-preview/

Hot damn, this looks great. Really hope Johns & Frank stick the landing here

Based on reactions of characters, I feel secure assuming Watchmen was not a comic book in the current DC Universe.

More to the plot, it's good we're seeing threads come together. With less than two issues to go, we still need to see the results of Johnny Thunder and the Lantern, Saturn irl and Rorschach, and Superman vs. Dr. Manhattan. Not to mention the outcome of the worldwide troubles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Based on reactions of characters, I feel secure assuming Watchmen was not a comic book in the current DC Universe.

More to the plot, it's good we're seeing threads come together. With less than two issues to go, we still need to see the results of Johnny Thunder and the Lantern, Saturn irl and Rorschach, and Superman vs. Dr. Manhattan. Not to mention the outcome of the worldwide troubles.

Also Veidt's plan, I wonder if it's him who instigate the confrontation between Superman and Manhattan.

Reggie I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who helps Batman out of that situation.

Looks interesting, but I will wait for the TPB.

Bleeding Cool needs to get over itself and stop referring to this book as the "unauthorized" sequel. DC owns the characters, it's as authorized as it can get.

It comes out tomorrow, I'm very excited. I'm going to reread the entire first 10 issues because the gap between issues has really messed up my memory.