Page 84 of 116 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1739

so now we wait to see the end of this in may 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Missing genie, wishing boy, magic ring and magic lamp.

Moths and flames.

Doc was lured here by the bright lights. He's toast.
    I hadn't even thought about this angle even with the common motif of the moth and flames. Astute observation, man.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do wonder: Lex revealed to Lois in this issue that he's found out about his and everybody else's previous lives: Pre-COIE, Post-COIE, Post-ZERO HOUR, Post-INFINITE CRISIS, New 52, etc. I wonder if this newfound knowledge feeds into what Lex has become (acolyte of Perpetua) in the current JUSTICE LEAGUE storyline.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I hadn't even thought about this angle even with the common motif of the moth and flames. Astute observation, man.
    Not just Manhattan, Ozymandias certainly will get some sort of comeuppance.
    Last edited by JonaX; 09-04-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It's crazy to think that after #12 is out I have nothing to look forward to from DC.
    You're right where I was in 2005/06 when Alex Ross' Justice ended. I haven't picked up a regular title from DC since then.

It's sad but you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    You're right where I was in 2005/06 when Alex Ross' Justice ended. I haven't picked up a regular title from DC since then.

It's sad but you get used to it.
    Saves money and time, I guess!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Doesn't read like a natural progression to me either. Don't buy at all that her role from inception was to find out that Superman didn't know her and then she gets finger snapped away. It reads far more that this was done to collaborate with the directions chosen while this story was still being written.

And I'm not saying that wouldn't have been right if so. This book just took too long, I get it. It was never fair for everything to have to twiddle their thumbs for two years. That I absolutely loathe this particular direction doesn't change that. But furthermore aside from a point of view of the narrative, I also have an extremely hard time believing that Johns' intent was getting rid of the Legion that he himself brought back ten years ago. Just not buying it.
    Hard agree. The buildup for Imra to meet Clark was too significant and imo too important to John's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    How about a key character up to that point suddenly being wiped out of existence on the heels of a reboot where said character and associated team never interacted with one of the main characters?
    That's not evidence.

All-New Member ChristianfromNJ98's Avatar

I just read Doomsday Clock #11. It was freaking awesome!

The only thing I didn't get is the reveal that Veidt used his cat Bubastis to trigger the explosion, and then frame Dr. Manhattan by making the heroes think that the latter caused the explosion (and, of course, making the public think Firestorm caused it).

I didn't know Bubastis had such an ability?! I only thought he had the ability to lock on to Dr. Manhattan's location and help draw him near.

But, I never read Watchmen, so maybe I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Doesn't read like a natural progression to me either. Don't buy at all that her role from inception was to find out that Superman didn't know her and then she gets finger snapped away. It reads far more that this was done to collaborate with the directions chosen while this story was still being written.

And I'm not saying that wouldn't have been right if so. This book just took too long, I get it. It was never fair for everything to have to twiddle their thumbs for two years. That I absolutely loathe this particular direction doesn't change that. But furthermore aside from a point of view of the narrative, I also have an extremely hard time believing that Johns' intent was getting rid of the Legion that he himself brought back ten years ago. Just not buying it.
    I agree. I really can’t envision Johns setting up the Saturn Girl story at the start of Rebirth with the goal to wipe out not only her but the LoS history.

While I’ve enjoyed seeing the Justice Society reappear in Snyder’s JL, it does kind of ruin a huge part of Doomsday Clock. They’ve been hinting that one of the big payoffs would be the return of the JSA to DC. It’s gonna be far less dramatic now that we’ve gotten to see them in Justice League. Yeah, Doomsday Clock will most likely have everyone remember they existed and return to continuity but it won’t be the same.

Was really hoping all of the insane delays wouldn’t hurt the story but it seems like they have. I really can’t blame DC too much. They have had two of their best properties held hostage by the Doomsday Clock delays and issue 12 could potentially be pushed back further. Meanwhile they have their two highest paid writers wanting to do something with the teams.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree. I really can’t envision Johns setting up the Saturn Girl story at the start of Rebirth with the goal to wipe out not only her but the LoS history.
    I think we can expect a reincarnation before all is said and done.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

I think Doomsday Clock was delayed for rewrites to make it align with the current continuity better. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing this was his original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I think Doomsday Clock was delayed for rewrites to make it align with the current continuity better. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing this was his original plan.
    I think it'll depend on how the last issue spins it.

This issue was the "things get as bad as they can get right before the climatic final resolution" issue. If Saturn Girl's version of the future has died (evidenced by her getting dusted Infinity War style) that indicates Manhattan's battle with Clark destroys reality (as Manhattan has feared and speculated through this whole thing). Once the heroes win the day and stave off this imminent destruction Imra (and her future) could return.

Or DC could have gotten tired of Clock running so slow (there's a joke there but it's too easy) and Johns has had to re-write things to line up with new plans. I think that could be the case, or this could be the story as Johns always intended it. Clock's only vaguely in continuity and was ignoring/contradicting current events very early on. So taking all that into account, why would DC force a self-contained mini that's not 100% in continuity to change things so it's more in-line with a continuity it was never strongly tied to in the first place?

DC's main interest in Clock is as an evergreen Watchmen sequel they can sell in trade format over the long-term. The single issue floppies are a secondary factor, and I don't see DC giving a sh*t about how it ties into main continuity as long as they can push the trade collection as Watchmen 2: Superman v. Manhattan: Dawn of Pretension. I mean, maybe things got personal and someone told Johns to re-write things, because DC's management seems to struggle with separating personal bias from work.....but let's see how things end before we decide someone stuck their fingers in and messed with Johns' story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Clock was very much supposed to be a part of continuity when it started though. It was supposed to be one year in the future from Rebirth but then the delays ended up causing it to not be incontinuity and now back in, so who knows what's happened. I think DC keeps panicking and they have put themselves into a situation where it's back in but has needed to be changed to fit with all of the things they tried to do when it was out. Like how they are dealing with the JSA and Legion in other books when they were supposed to be left alone until Clock brought them back originally. I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It took me 11 issues and ... well, it's been quite a few more months than that. But I'm in a "things are clicking" kind of mood today.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com