Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This is my favorite issue of the series so far.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So how come the events of Watchmen still happened the way they did if The Comedian never died? That was kind of the catalyst for the whole thing. Maybe Doc created another Comedian body that hit the pavement, while teleporting the real Blake to the water?
    Who says he didn't die? If Doc has the power to alter time and the very atoms of existence, he could easily bring someone back to life. The issue implied he didn't do it until he was in the DC Universe anyway.

I'm saying the odds of Kovacs returning are pretty high now we can confirm its the real Blake

Yes I really liked this issue.

Along with Doom Patrol #10, it was a good week for DC comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Who says he didn't die? If Doc has the power to alter time and the very atoms of existence, he could easily bring someone back to life. The issue implied he didn't do it until he was in the DC Universe anyway.
    I assume he'll be returned to his place in time before the series is over.....

Fantastic Member

So the Bat is not gonna get married with the Cat?

I've not read it, but does Bats in the Inc. suit indicate that that scene happens pre-Flashpoint/ without Manhattan machinations?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    Batman is not Dr. Manhattan. Johns has said in an interview that Batman's moment of doubt after meeting with the Flashpoint version of his father in "The Button" was a deliberate act by Dr. Manhattan to try to take Batman off the playing field.
    That's the dummest thing ever, I love Batman, but really?, how is he a threat to Manhatabs plans exactly, and even if he was, JUST KILL HIM, for someone who is all powerfull like Dr Manhattan he sure does things in unnecesarily convoluted ways....

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I've not read it, but does Bats in the Inc. suit indicate that that scene happens pre-Flashpoint/ without Manhattan machinations?
    Good point. With time being different we still don't know what period in D.C. history our timeline is set in.

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    That's the dummest thing ever, I love Batman, but really?, how is he a threat to Manhatabs plans exactly, and even if he was, JUST KILL HIM, for someone who is all powerfull like Dr Manhattan he sure does things in unnecesarily convoluted ways....
    You know why! Him Ba'mayunnnnnn grrrrrrrrr!

And stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    Batman can take out anyone with enough........PREP

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    Liberty Belle was married to Coleman's screenwriter. It looks like this 1954 subplot intersects with our Justice Society subplot.
    the screenwriter is the Golden Age Tarantula, Jonathan Law. This seems to be echoing his sadsack alcoholic portrayal from Robinson's The Golden Age, which fits well with an examination of Watchman's long term effects on superhero comics, being one of the few comics to truly succeed at that sort of dark deconstruction.

Spectacular Member

But we can see johnny thunder just like what we see in rebirth

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was way off about The Comedian being a fake out, but the manner in which they brought him back was interesting enough that I want to know more.

I am genuinely curious what exactly Manhattan's plan is exactly. Clearly, it's not to just some dumb villain plot to conquer the DCU or something. It seems he's trying to improve it or fix it, or perhaps teach its heroes, Superman in particular, something.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Is Batman really Dr Manhattan? Is that why he locked him up?
    I think Dispenser of Truth has been right on this whole time actually, and the book has been subtley setting up hints that Superman is Dr. Manhattan. He won't really be, but the in-story evidence will mount and start to lead characters in that direction until its all but confirmed to them. Then some sort of twist is pulled.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El