Default Moon Knight's Ranking

Hello,

I was just curious how Moon Knight measures up against other street level combatants in the Marvel universe.
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As I recall, he's like sub Daredevil but quite surprisingly durable.

Historically I’d peg him somewhere around the Black Widow level, but with almost Punisher-level soak.

He did apparently get some bullet-time feats in the last couple of years, but they’re not consistent enough to be considered a new baseline.

I suppose that makes sense. He doesn't have freaky deaky ninja skills, but he was a boxer. Figures he could take a hit.

Thank you for the quick responses!
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Historically I’d peg him somewhere around the Black Widow level, but with almost Punisher-level soak.

He did apparently get some bullet-time feats in the last couple of years, but they’re not consistent enough to be considered a new baseline.
    They aren't even consistent within the pages they happen in. He cuts a bullet in half while getting shot by the same gunman on the same page.

My limited understanding of Moon Knight is that his capacity varies a lot depending on factors ranging from the phase of the moon to which personality is in charge to other psychosis based variables, but in general sub Dare Devil seems accurate.

Really liked that Warren Ellis run he had a couple years back though.

The Ellis run was great, if slightly creepy at times.

But I don’t know why we’re using ‘sub-Daredevil’ as a thing here. Captain America is ‘sub-Daredevil’ and I wouldn’t pitch Marc at Steve’s level.

Sure, it’s a catch-all, but so is ‘sub-Galactus’. It just isn’t a very meaningful one.

But I don’t know why we’re using ‘sub-Daredevil’ as a thing here. Captain America is ‘sub-Daredevil’ and I wouldn’t pitch Marc at Steve’s level.

Sure, it’s a catch-all, but so is ‘sub-Galactus’. It just isn’t a very meaningful one.
    Somewhere, after hearing the words "sub-Galactus" due to his cosmic awareness, the devourer of worlds perks up, and demands of his herald to get him some planet sized sandwich buns for his next meal.

"This," the herald grumbles, "is totally why everyone keeps quitting and Terrax poisoned you that one time."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. you fat punning planet eating bastard."

"Then to me my party sandwiches!"

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

My understanding is Marc occasionally gets downright superhuman. It's not often or anything, and I could be off base there. I just figured it was safer to go with below Dare Devil than below peak human, because I've never heard of Marc doing anything that would make him a threat to Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    My understanding is Marc occasionally gets downright superhuman. It's not often or anything, and I could be off base there. I just figured it was safer to go with below Dare Devil than below peak human, because I've never heard of Marc doing anything that would make him a threat to Matt.
    There was a period where Marc had powers such that he’d become superhumanly strong when the moon was out (culminating in the ultra-bullshit, now-generally-regarded-as-non-canon story in WCA where the Avengers were trapped on a battle-moon with hundreds of thousands of other moons surrounding them, leading to Marc somehow casually tearing apart an alien battle-robot that had evolved to be beyond where Iron Man or Wonder Man could damage it... so yeah, serious bullshit).

I don’t think that’s been a thing since Khonshu disappeared back in the 80s though.

Has it happened in the last 25 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Somewhere, after hearing the words "sub-Galactus" due to his cosmic awareness, the devourer of worlds perks up, and demands of his herald to get him some planet sized sandwich buns for his next meal.

"This," the herald grumbles, "is totally why everyone keeps quitting and Terrax poisoned you that one time."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. you fat punning planet eating bastard."

"Then to me my party sandwiches!"
    The Silver Server sighed despairingly and packed away the Ultimate Nutri-Bullet for yet another year.

(BTW - The above is now all canon.)

The Silver Server sighed despairingly and packed away the Ultimate Nutri-Bullet for yet another year.

(BTW - The above is now all canon.)
    So is Deadpool being a herald of Galactus.

We don't talk about these things, but they're always there lurking in the back of our minds.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan