View Poll Results: Doomsday Clock or Metal?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doomsday Clock

28 65.12%
  • Metal

15 34.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doomsday Clock or Metal?

Now that the first issue of Doomsday Clock is out, which of the two ongoing events has you more excited: Doomsday Clock or Dark Nights: Metal?
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-23-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Metal so far, by a long margin. But then again, Doomsday Clock has just begun.

Incredible Member

I’ll be curious to see which people like more once both are over and both stories have been told.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While Metal isn't a bad story by any means, it's been a bit messy and too crossover-heavy. Doomsday Clock is off to a good start story-wise and the lack of several crossover books is a good thing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock will fall flat on its face just mark my words. There's no way Johns can ever follow up a Moore story, there's no way he can deliver on the 3 Jokers twist and assuredly Doomsday Clock will only really have 4 issues worth of story crammed in to 12 and it'll probably get delayed as well.
    Oh and Metal has Grant Morrison.

I feel like they're like the polar opposite on the spectrum of DC events.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure it is a fair comparison, either way, because I really don't see Doomsday Clock as an event the way Metal is.

However, I picked Doomsday Clock, without comparing the two or anything, it was what actually got me back into buying monthly comics again.

Metal. I don't care about Watchmen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I can't vote; I'm not reading/buying either of them.

Metal is fully under way and already reshaping not just the main universe, but it just dove into the multiverse and hypertime.

Doomsday Clock only has had 1 issue, that was very Watchmen heavy. Or, at least, the fallout from the main Watchmen series heavy. However, the effects of Dr. Manhatten in the main DC Universe have been pretty heavily felt. With a few people being more then aware of outside interference, and even Eobard Thawne having a messy run-in with the blue guy.

Right now though, Metal is winning. But overall, Doomsday, which has various (if not so obvious) tie-ins to the rest of the current continuity, has maybe larger implications going forward. While Metal may serve to royally screw with Batsy's mental state for awhile.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I can't vote; I'm not reading/buying either of them.
    Same here. No shame in that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Can't there be both? I am interested in Doomsday Clock. The first issue really intrigued me. And i am already invested in the Rebirth story. At the same time Metal started of real good but its quality went down a notch in the middle. So, i would have preferred an option with both. I am excited for both of them. Still if i have to choose i will go with Doomsday Clock. Its not about quality. I think Metal is of better quality then Doomsday Clock #1. Its about what i am more excited about at this moment.

Too early to give an opinion.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Doomsday Clock, it has the best chance of undoing all the things I don't like about New 52
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

The Dark Days issues were so boring and uninteresting that I decided to skip the rest of the event. Doomsday Clock #1 was better written but still not very interesting to me and so I've decided to skip the rest of the event.

So I'm not interested in either.