Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah, loving the shout outs to Moondragon and Finesse, two of my favorite underused Marvel ladies!

From the Avengers Academy, I was also a big fan of Reptil and Striker, both of which are in some Schodinger-esque state of maybe being alive or dead, at the moment...

I am surprised that they used a new version of Red Wolf in Occupy Avengers, when American Eagle was right there (and there was already the other Red Wolf operating in the Rangers with Texas Twister, Shooting Star, Armadillo, Firebird and Living Lightning, last I remember). Considering that this new Red Wolf seems to have powers more like those of American Eagle, than the other Red Wolf, it seems like a no-brainer... (Plus, Red Wolf, such a terrible name. It's like the go-to superhero name for native American heroes. Red Wolf. Black Crow. Purple Buffalo. [Color] [Animal])

Ha, someone remembered Link and Poltergeist, from the old Beauty & and the Beast / Dazzler & Beast mini-series! Talk about mutants never seen again...

So many mutants that appeared once and then were forgotten, like Frenzy's old teammates, Tower, Timeshadow and Stinger, or the Tunnelers (Blowhard, Berserker and Scaleface), or the Nasty Boys, or the first Horsemen (Abraham Lincoln Keiros/War and Autumn Rolfson?/Famine), or the XSE (Fixx, Archer and Greystone), or that Genoshan team of whom the only one I remember is Pipeline (was there was called Hawkshaw? Such silly names.). And my favorite ever Acolyte (even more than Joanna Cargill!), Carmella Unuscione, daughter of Unus the Untouchable!
    Well some of those characters, like Abraham Lincoln, did appear more then once although not that much more no.

All-New Member

The cosmic heroes: Quasar, Captain Marvel (Genis), Rich Rider Nova, heck even Darkhawk (brilliant move by DnA to make his story more cosmic related). I even miss Blackbolt in space, where he could let his powers loose.

Astonishing Member

Kristov Vernard.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Alpha Flight, especially Puck. He could have been the next Wolverine.
    i dont know about Wolverine, but i often think Puck is one of the most criminally underused characters in all of comic-dom. He would have been a good fit on any Avenger team from 2000 to the bendis Avenger era

Amazing Member

Its kind of daunting to think how many characters have come and gone in the MU.
    And when you realize most of the characters in the MU, like the Xmen and Gaurdians of the Galaxy etc didnt really take off until they were revamped/reimagined.... or in the case of the Hulk (and a lot of Tales of Suspense monsters) a good name given to a completely different character, you'd think Marvel would put more effort into refining characters and revamping ideas that have weak legs

I really would love to see Omega the Unknown revamped or have that name given to another character.

Incredible Member

Short version: Darkhawk, Black Knight, Red Wolf, Venom (Mac Gargan), Toxin (Patrick Mulligan), every Ghost Rider after Danny Ketch, Quasar, Patriot (Eli Bradley), White Tiger (all of them), and the Annihilators as a core concept/team

Incredible Member

There's quite a few characters I'd like to see used more (pretty much the entire original cast of Avengers the Initative, some the Secret Warriors, Sun Girl, etc) but I think people to need to realize that there are definite ceilings for as far as some characters can go/be showcased.

"All New All Different Marvel" gave a lot of characters people had been asking for more of a spotlight & most of those characters people had been asking for who did get showcased didn't exactly light the sales charts on fire (far from it as a matter of fact) so you can't accuse them of not trying to give them more exposure.

Astonishing Member

Doc Samson.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Janet Van Dyne, Victoria Hand, Reptil, Half the Ultimate Universe, Loa, Thunderstrike Jr., Cul, Azazel,
    Honestly thought someone created a character called "Half the Ultimate Universe". lol

Sucks Victoria Hand got killed off. She would've been fun to have around for Secret Empire and CW2.

tbh all Janet needs is a good solo series.

Omega the Unknown. Talk about wasted potential.

Sif
    Sue Storm
    Blade
    Attuma
    Omega
    The Immortal Weapons
    Alpha Flight
    Captain Marvel
    Stingray
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Spectacular Member

probably Sinister, Shang-Chi, Ms Marvel, Photon, Wasp, Kang but I feel some of these will change soon

Some characters are over used in stories and need to take a time out for a while, for example the Fan4

All-New Member

Earlier this year, Silk.

BANNED

Not an individual character, but the Contest of Champions series could have gone somewhere interesting if they'd given it a bit more time.

I would attribute a lot of missed character opportunities to Marvel's botched handling of the Battleworld aftermath; we were given the impression that we would see loads of different universes colliding, resulting in a new continuity. We got that, but it only lasted for the duration of Secret Wars and none of the great potential storylines carried over into the new universe at the ANAD relaunch. The few bits that did carry over - especially Weirdworld - were very poorly managed. The ANAD relaunch should have been an opportunity for Marvel to do a soft reboot of 616, including most of the continuity from before but allowing for new characters or 'remixed' pre-existing characters to enter the fray. Sadly, Marvel weren't adventurous enough for that and decided to go back to formula, which doesn't seem to have worked wonders for them considering how poorly they've been doing since MarvelNOW!2016

BANNED

Polaris, Moondragon, and Darkstar.