Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I hope they use Overgirl exploding as an excuse to create more metas.
    I actually wonder if our Kara will be affected by the explosion. Like maybe she absorbed a lot of the solar radiation Overgirl emitted when she exploded, and now she's in the same danger. And maybe that's why the Legion went back in time- to save her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Still miles ahead of the majority of writing on most the DCEU movies in both instances.
    I think he's talking about how ham-fisted that exchange was. It was like being beaten over the head with a cast iron skillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    With Wells saying that there are 52 (53) Kara's it could be that Earth-1 Kara either never left Argo City (either dying from kryptonite poisoning or continuing living there and never left).
    She was in that empty pod in the scout ship.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    only thing with the Allen descendent, there wasnt a payoff. I wish they would have shown her at the end, watching the improptu wedding from afar and then activating some kinda time device to go back home. Otherwise why would she show up for the church, as i would assume if she is from the future she was either told the story or read the story of how Barry n Iris got married and new the first go round was screwed up thanks to the Earth X crew.
    Well, all of the guest's minds were wiped after the attack. Maybe they all remembered 'the perfect wedding', and that's what the history books said.

I loved every minute. Yeah Stein died but so what. The actor wanted out and you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain. He went out a hero.

Felicity should have waited till after Barry and Iris said I do before saying "you're here, we're here, he's here. Let's do this too.

Loved Jeremy Jordan as bad ass Winslow. I'm trying to place who he reminded me of.

I was sure the Ray would stick around and Snart would go back. Especially now that Jax doesn't have powers.

Loved Caitlen taking Vixen and Iris up to the ship.

Effing loved Supergirls Care to step out side general line.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

I really like the show. Best things:

1. Loved the Guardian (Jimmy) of Earth X puffing up and then having Ollie X killing him. I regard the Guardian as the most ridiculous hero on the shows.
    2. Liked that most of the heroes had no problem using lethal force unlike the usual Bats/Supes - can't use lethal force BS. Ollie taking down Ollie X made total sense
    3. Writing was pretty good and not stilted.
    4. The one night stand - well played and good for Alex.
    5. Captain Cold - Leo - loved him.
    6. The crab legs were delicious.
    7. Liked that the Nazis weren't underplayed for their antisemitism. Liked that characters were clearly Jewish - Grey, Felicity. Marvel always down plays that angle of the Nazis with their silly Hydra weren't Nazis, so Ward is redeemable crappola on AoS.

Silly things:

1. How were the Nazis going to take over Earth 1 with a few guys and 9mm SMGs? Pointed out by others. You never see the military response that would actually occur in most of the shows. A good point was taking over a city with a few Miroku guys. Certainly not many cities. 203K firearms were sold this Black Friday. Try to take over Dallas and watch the fun if you run around with arrows, clubs and swords.

2. Barry is again an idiot. Letting Reversy take a hike (he killed your mother, friend). Just a plot device for later shows. But stupid. Barry can't fight worth crap.

What might have been - Cisco could have gone for help and ported in Superman and J'onn. There wasn't a Nazi Superman?

Ultimate Member

Overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun. Also it made me want to see some solo mini-crossovers betweenSupergirl and Arrow and/or Legends of Tomorrow.

The Oliver/Felicity however, that was REALLY dumb for the writers to pull. Looking around, it's cost them a lot of good-will (heck even some Oliver/Felicity shippers aren't happy with that one). I mean if those two must get married, and you want a double-wedding, ok fine. But make it a pre-arranged thing. Like the four of them all talked beforehand and decided that they all wanted to get married together or something.

Don't have Oliver and Felicity literally interrupt Barry and Iris's big moment and butt in, purely as a spur of the moment thing. It makes the look AWFUL for no good reason.

It feels kind of full-circle to see Team Flash (alongside Team Arrow) locked up in the Pipeline.

Earth-X Lance is probably the closest we've gotten to hearing Paul Blackthorne with his natural accent on the show, even though it was kind of weird to see him be like the only Earth-X character who sounded different from their Earth-1 counterpart. It was also probably easy for him to slip into the role of a Nazi after playing a staunch member of the Empire in Star Wars Battlefront II.

So how the heck did Ray Terrill end up on Earth-X? Is it tied to his origin? It also sounds like there was some bitterness over his family, which is why he didn't have any desire to go back to Earth-1. I guess we won't get the answer until Freedom Fighters: The Ray debuts on the CWSeed.

I love how Citizen Cold looks more like Captain Cold then Earth-1 Snart did. He's got a comic-accurate visor and the parka even looks more noticeable .

I'm not surprised they made Earth-X Snart gay, given Wentworth Miller is gay and even Earth-1 Snart was pretty campy most of the time. It also let them be more direct with Ray's sexuality by making them lovers.

So...are all the other named Freedom Fighters dead, or off-screen?

Earth-X Winn was interesting, especially since it let Jeremy Jordan play a character very different from normal Winn.

Red Tornado was definitely a lot cooler here then he was on Supergirl, especially since here he was basically a robot WMD. It's too bad he still ended up destroyed in the end though. Poor Reddy.

I kind of understand General Schott reneging on the deal, but it was still kind of a jerk move.

I guess we finally know what Felicity's natural hair color is.

When did Iris and Felicity develop ninja skills?

Given Kara has been so adamant about rejecting her humanity and the human emotions that are a part of it, it must have been pretty eye-opening for her to see the dark result of that philosophy in Overgirl. Though even Earth-X Kara, for all her pontificating about being above humanity and their baser, weaker, emotions, embraced the most universal human emotion with her love for her husband, Earth-X Oliver.

I guess Earth-X Metallo is still John Corben given his voice and British accent. I wonder if they got the actor back? It sounded like him (albeit heavily modulated and robotic).

Heh, they did the whole thing from the Legion episode in Smallville where they bring up how in the future nobody remembers the original character (and creators pet). Granted, Overwatch's job kind of means she has to stay out of the limelight. I also couldn't help but think that Thawne mentioning both Green Arrow and Black Canary together was a nod to how they're the more traditional romance in DC compared to Olicity.

Don't rip off Ms. Marvel Ray. Although I think that's the first time we've actually seen him do that since he went giant in season 1.

Professor Stein, no...not only does Stein not get to retire with his family, but he gets shot in the back (twice) and then effectively commits suicide by having Jax give him the cure. What a tragic end for a stalwart Arrowverse character (but at least he went out a hero). That scene with him and Jax in the Waverider had me almost as choked up as Jax was. We truly lost a Legend, in more ways then one .

And I guess with Professor Stein dead, after having taken the cure, Firestorm is done. I wonder if they're going to just keep Jax around as an engineer of if he's going to find a way to get his powers back?

Seeing the heroes all suited up and fighting the Nazi's was pretty awesome, especially with most of the heroes getting some pretty cool moments. And watching the Trinity all go toe-to-toe with their alternate doubles, with Green Arrow getting to take on the head honcho, was even more awesome

The "General" line wasn't the only Superman reference...anyone else catch Harry with his "Up, up, and away!"?

As dumb as Barry letting Thawne go was, at least he was finally able to beat the Reverse-Flash in a straight-up fight, particularly Wells Thawne.

Thawne teasing about what face he'll wear next seems to give the showrunners the opportunity to either bring Letscher back or recast him again. Watch him come back and he's wearing Eddie's face...

So Oliver basically killed himself. I think at this point I could very well see him going "Okay, you know what? I think I finally am done killing people." Though, with Oliver's look at the end, it almost seemed like he thought he was giving Earth-X Oliver a mercy killing so he could reunite with Overgirl in the afterlife.

I was actually expecting both Ray and Cold to join the Legends to make up for the loss of Firestorm, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with Cold being back on the Legends, even if it's not their Cold.

So with the Fuhrer dead and The Ray coming back, I'm guessing the Freedom Fighters will at least have a somewhat easier time fighting back against the Nazi's.

I guess if anything good came out of Alex and Sara's meeting in this crossover, is that they can both move on respectively from their lost loves (Maggie for Alex, and Nyssa for Sara).

So Diggle's only role in the crossover was getting dragged in to marry Barry and Iris, and Oliver and Felicity, because apparently he's been an ordained minister the entire time. And then he throws up once he gets there. Oh well, at least he finally got to make his Olicity ship a reality.

What better way to close out a crossover that started with a wedding then with the marriage between the two main Arrowverse couples? Though is Felicity now Felicity Queen, or Felicity Smoak-Queen? Granted, she and Oliver never even filed a marriage license, so...

I really want to see what William thinks of his dad going off to a wedding and then coming back married to Felicity.

Incredible Member

Dang we never saw Wally come back, but then again we never saw elongated man period. It just seems like all the side casts camback especially for that final fight except those 2.

Overall I loved it, much better than JL in my opinion which makes me sad, seeing s things like this makes me think abouttheJL films we should get if we can do this with a tv budget.

I enjoyed this crossover very much.

I was surprised when Stein was killed. Although, in retrospect, I consider that they were foreshadowing that he would be gone one way or another.
    I thought that the TV show writers might kill Earth 2 Harry Wells off, since they killed HR last season. I was happy to see that I was wrong.
    Of course, Ollie and Felicity got married...which may have aroused the ire of Arrow fans who were tired of Felicity and Ollie's relationship being shoved in their faces.
    I honestly think that I saw comments from Arrow fans on sites like YouTube about who they guessed would die and who would be married. Some of those fans said that they hoped Felicity would be the one to die. The fans also said that they think Felicity would marry Ollie.
    The vital importance of depicting the Nazis as genocidal villains in a popular television program (like this crossover) can not be underestimated and it can not be overlooked. Especially since there are evil people in real life who are bringing Neo-Nazi ideology into the political mainstream by rebranding said ideology as "alt-right".
    We need the moral message that "Crisis on Earth X" shows us about combating Nazism, now more than ever. This crossover special teaches us that Nazism and closely related ideologies must never be tolerated on any Earth. We need to stand together and unite as free citizens of Planet Earth to fight against the return of Nazi ideology. We have defeated the Nazis before, we can do so again.
    Last edited by Melwicker; 11-29-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Clarity

Well, that was quite a ride. Loved the action and the seamless integration of all those characters. Freakin' brilliant work there. And the Nazis were not overdone, which I appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    The excessive drama and baggage from other shows spilling over into the crossover event. I’m sorry Supergirl’s sister, I do NOT care about your relationship issues.
    Seriously. In some ways they really threw way too much at the wall in this crossover, hoping it would stick.

RIP, Stein. I'm really going to miss Victor Garber.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    I enjoyed this crossover very much.

I was surprised when Stein was killed. Although, in retrospect, I consider that they were foreshadowing that he would be gone one way or another.
    I thought that the TV show writers might kill Earth 2 Harry Wells off, since they killed HR last season. I was happy to see that I was wrong.
    Of course, Ollie and Felicity got married...which may have aroused the ire of Arrow fans who were tired of Felicity and Ollie's relationship being shoved in their faces.
    I honestly think that I saw comments from Arrow fans on sites like YouTube about who they guessed would die and who would be married. Some of those fans said that they hoped Felicity would be the one to die. The fans also said that they think Felicity would marry Ollie.
    The vital importance of depicting the Nazis as genocidal villains in a popular television program (like this crossover) can not be underestimated and it can not be overlooked. Especially since there are evil people in real life who are bringing Neo-Nazi ideology into the political mainstream by rebranding said ideology as "alt-right".
    We need the moral message that "Crisis on Earth X" shows us about combating Nazism, now more than ever. This crossover special teaches us that Nazism and closely related ideologies must never be tolerated on any Earth. We need to stand together and unite as free citizens of Planet Earth to fight against the return of Nazi ideology. We have defeated the Nazis before, we can do so again.
    Man In The High Castle does a much better job of showing a believable earth under Nazi ideology. At the end of the day Crisis on Earth X is still a comic book and is not believable.

Okay, now that i’ve seen it;
    1) i pretty much sped through the flash- probably my least favorite part- but i did like the showdown at the end. Still, it was hard to follow the action, because it was so dark. And i really want the ray to join the legends now.
    2) speaking of action sequences, it was hard to follow the action when everybody was dogpiling on metallo. Too dark, and too much going on at once. The final battle at the end, was pretty much cgi central, especially with the supergirl fight. If she wasn’t a nazi tool, i almost felt sorry for overgirl.
    3) what is it with arrowverse actors and articulation? I couldn’t understand mr. terrific’s science speech on the waverider. I did like the bit where the atom rode on the t- sphere. Maybe he could join the legends too. Still think team arrow was pretty much unneccesary, though.
    4) and then there’s killer frost. Really liked seeing her in action. More please.
    5) goodbye martin stein. The last scene was pretty well done. Franz drameh did a good job.
    6) so pretty much anyone can fly the waverider now? wells and cisco bickering like frick and frack is really getting tiring.
    7) i really don’t understand how steel could catch supergirl at the velocity she was falling.
    8) the impromptu wedding didn’t really bother me; barry letting thawne go kind of bothered me, but i’m not sure what he could’ve done differently. The final battle scene was a bit better than last year. overall, I liked it better than i thought i would.
    Last edited by protege; 11-29-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Supergirl has been doing a lot of Donner references in these past two weeks. Last week, it was Kara almost doing the spinning drill bit to get to the ship, and Reign's Fortress of Sanctuary. This week, it was 'General? Would you care to step outside?"

Seeing the CGI Red Tornado, I hope they bring him back at some point. It did look rough (a LOT of the CGI looked pretty rough in part 4, especially Supergirl flying in to line up with the other heroes at the end), but it still looked a hell of a lot better than what we got in Season 1, where R.T. looked like he was wearing a carpet.
    We'll see red tornado in the freedom fighters the ray series. coming in december.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was thinking about it and petty much everyone from all the shows got at least one moment to shine in this crossover except maybe Martian Manhunter. I can understand why since having J'Onn around would have shifted the power balance, but still it kind of stuck out to me.

Other than that I loved this crossover.

Spectacular Member

I really liked winn in the flash episode, it was great seeing JJ play a character 180 degrees different from what he normally plays.

Astonishing Member

I know the meta reasons (they are the stars of the Arrowverse) but was anyone else even a bit bothered that the supposedly singular 53rd universe mirrored Earth's 1 with a bit of 38 only? I'd have been fine with Earth X being just another variant (like the comics having the X be a Roman numeral 10), but it just seems strange that having dropped hints for Batman and Wonder Woman plus actually showing Superman we have Kara and Oliver as the central figures for this Hell Universe.

Have to join the chorus on the "WTF, Barry" reaction to letting Thawne go. I mean if the guy is begging you to kill him and just standing there waiting, how hard would it really be just to KO him?

Not sure if I applaud them for having the major developments like Stein's death and the weddings in the crossover (it's not just filler) or find it strange (Barry/Iris and Oliver/Felicity have a major moment in something that will be part of the LOT series on DVD).

And now I am so wishing we could get a non-crossover where certain actors played their dopplegangers on the other shows. Imagine Alex seeing the Earth 38 Sara Lance- even if it was just a brief cameo. Or having the Earth 1 Alex guest as either a scientist or better yet part of Agent Watson's support staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Not sure if I applaud them for having the major developments like Stein's death and the weddings in the crossover (it's not just filler) or find it strange (Barry/Iris and Oliver/Felicity have a major moment in something that will be part of the LOT series on DVD).
    I was kind of wondering how they collect these crossovers.

It kind of sucks if you need to get all four season sets if you want to be able to watch them in their entirety, but I guess that's what happens when you have four shows crossing over compared to how The Flash and Arrow crossovers at the start were a tad more standalone.