Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

They could always just have a special dvd release of the crossover, I remember when Dawson's creek ended with a special 2 part 2 hour episode, they released a special dvd with just the finale episodes in it months before the season dvd's came out...

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's the world without shrimp.
    Now the Mulitverse numbering makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And how can a kryptonian die from super sun exposure? These tv kryptonians are super weak, man.
    Here's my theory: Didn't you see Earth-X's sky?! Red clouds and lightning! Clearly Nazis are climate change deniers.

Another theory: the reason why Oliver had a Kyrtonite arrow is that on Earth-1, Kryton blew up with no survivors.

By the way, does Thea exists on Earth-X? Thoughts? Theories?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I laughed for five minutes when Wells the Grey showed up, and he only showed up for five seconds.
    I believe Wells the Grey hails from Earth-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how the heck did Ray Terrill end up on Earth-X? Is it tied to his origin? It also sounds like there was some bitterness over his family, which is why he didn't have any desire to go back to Earth-1. I guess we won't get the answer until Freedom Fighters: The Ray debuts on the CWSeed.

I love how Citizen Cold looks more like Captain Cold then Earth-1 Snart did. He's got a comic-accurate visor and the parka even looks more noticeable .

I'm not surprised they made Earth-X Snart gay, given Wentworth Miller is gay and even Earth-1 Snart was pretty campy most of the time. It also let them be more direct with Ray's sexuality by making them lovers.
    I agree.

I am now a fan of . . . Cold Ray! Is that the official name?

Given Kara has been so adamant about rejecting her humanity and the human emotions that are a part of it, it must have been pretty eye-opening for her to see the dark result of that philosophy in Overgirl. Though even Earth-X Kara, for all her pontificating about being above humanity and their baser, weaker, emotions, embraced the most universal human emotion with her love for her husband, Earth-X Oliver.
    I was surprised that Kara-X and Oliver-X were married, given how Nazis love purity, but as Overgirl said, she's a god to them.

Boy, Oliver sure loves blondes (Felicity, Laura, Kara, etc).

I wondered what would have happened if Overgirl was pregnant? Would we get the Arrowverse version of Superboy/Supergirl Prime?

I wonder if they ever do Overman, they'll do a reverse of what they did in the comics; as in Overman is a male clone of Overgirl. That way the have an excuses to get another actor if Tyler isn't available.

I guess Earth-X Metallo is still John Corben given his voice and British accent. I wonder if they got the actor back? It sounded like him (albeit heavily modulated and robotic).
    Why would Earth-X have a Metallo anyway?

Don't rip off Ms. Marvel Ray. Although I think that's the first time we've actually seen him do that since he went giant in season 1.
    Makes me miss Atom Smasher.

Between that and seeing what happened to Red Tornado, increases my anger on how they had to turn superheroes into foes.

Professor Stein, no...not only does Stein not get to retire with his family, but he gets shot in the back (twice) and then effectively commits suicide by having Jax give him the cure. What a tragic end for a stalwart Arrowverse character (but at least he went out a hero). That scene with him and Jax in the Waverider had me almost as choked up as Jax was. We truly lost a Legend, in more ways then one .
    SO true.

As dumb as Barry letting Thawne go was, at least he was finally able to beat the Reverse-Flash in a straight-up fight, particularly Wells Thawne.
    Maybe Barry is afraid that catching him will cause another Flashpoint paradox, or Barry is sure that Black Flash will get Thawne. (Shrugs)

Thawne teasing about what face he'll wear next seems to give the showrunners the opportunity to either bring Letscher back or recast him again. Watch him come back and he's wearing Eddie's face...
    Don't give the writers any ideas.

I was actually expecting both Ray and Cold to join the Legends to make up for the loss of Firestorm, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with Cold being back on the Legends, even if it's not their Cold.

So with the Fuhrer dead and The Ray coming back, I'm guessing the Freedom Fighters will at least have a somewhat easier time fighting back against the Nazi's.
    Makes me wonder if the animated series is going to be a sequel or presequel.

By the way, where did Earth-X get a Waverider? Did Thawne had a spare one?

I really want to see what William thinks of his dad going off to a wedding and then coming back married to Felicity.
    Thy better not skip that.

Fun things when watching the crossover with My Mom:

-she pointed out that there are three couples on the screen who need to talk over their problems (Barry, Oliver, Alex, Sara, etc.)
    -she cheered when Snart appeared on-screen.
    -she thought Snart and Ray were a cute couple

P. S. Did anyone noticed the name of place the Nazis robbed? Dayton. As in Steven Dayton (Mento) of the Doom Patrol.
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 11-29-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added something

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was a bit disappointed with this crossover. What we ended up getting didn't match the scope. The Nazis of siege on Earth-1 was contained to Central City and didn't actually launch a wide scale attack until the final episode. I wish the episode cut all the relationship drama and had more scenes of the nazis being bastards.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is funny when you look at how cool this Red Tornado looked compared to the one that showed up in season 1 of Supergirl. It is like even they looked back and said " yeah we really screwed the pooch on that one time for a do over".

I was satisfied seeing Oliver, in the end, be Barry's Best Man (and I guess vice-versa for Oliver's impromptu wedding).

I imagine Cisco's going to be ticked though .

What better way to close out a crossover that started with a wedding then with the marriage between the two main Arrowverse couples? Though is Felicity now Felicity Queen, or Felicity Smoak-Queen? Granted, she and Oliver never even filed a marriage license, so...
    I hope she either takes his name or keeps her own. Definitely shouldn't hyphenate it: Smoke-Queen sounds like it should be a new evil Meta for Barry to face.
    Last edited by Elden; 11-29-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: typo I only noticed after being quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I hope she either rakes his name or keeps her own. Definitely shouldn't hyphenate it: Smoke-Queen sounds like it should be a new evil Meta for Barry to face.
    Ahahaha. That is what I was thinking too!

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Kinda confusing that The Ray would just leave Leo with a guy they hardly know.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Kinda confusing that The Ray would just leave Leo with a guy they hardly know.
    I think Ray found it pretty evident that the Arrowverse Super Friends are all (pretty much) good guys. And, with a noticeable lack of Nazis running around, I think Ray was okay with it. Besides, they're just a Cisco away from reuniting.

BANNED

This was a remarkably well-done story, particularly for the CW. It was engaging, serious but funny, it gave each character their own moment, moved the story of each series forward without focusing too much on a given series. It made poignant comments about the state of Western civilization today but didn't hit us over the head with it. It achieved a tremendous amount narratively, and that's pretty rare for a CW show.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Examples of more suspenseful ways Nazis have invaded a wedding in a superhero movie or television show, or even a comic book?

Are you contending that there have been times in American history that America has been Aryan?

Still miles ahead of the majority of writing on most the DCEU movies in both instances.
    You do know it's not Breaking Bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think Ray found it pretty evident that the Arrowverse Super Friends are all (pretty much) good guys. And, with a noticeable lack of Nazis running around, I think Ray was okay with it. Besides, they're just a Cisco away from reuniting.
    I also got the sense that there wasn't much on Earth-1 that Ray still cared about, which is why he was in no hurry to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I loved every minute. Yeah Stein died but so what. The actor wanted out and you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain. He went out a hero.

Felicity should have waited till after Barry and Iris said I do before saying "you're here, we're here, he's here. Let's do this too.

Loved Jeremy Jordan as bad ass Winslow. I'm trying to place who he reminded me of.

I was sure the Ray would stick around and Snart would go back. Especially now that Jax doesn't have powers.

Loved Caitlen taking Vixen and Iris up to the ship.

Effing loved Supergirls Care to step out side general line.
    Frost taking Vixen up to the ship bugged me. Vixen can fly by mimicking any flying animal, so I don't know why she needed assistance from Frost to get up to the ship. Even if it was a cost-cutting measure by the CW, it still didn't make sense to me in-story.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-29-2017 at 08:57 PM.

I wish the Ray was getting a full series rather than an animated mini series. With so many existing characters we care about a new one had to be pretty special to be noteworthy in this crossover but he was more than successful: a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Frost taking Vixen up to the ship bugged me. Vixen can fly by mimicking any flying animal, so I don't know why she needed assistance from Frost to get up to the ship. Even if it was a cost-cutting measure by the CW, it still didn't make sense to me in-story.
    Did we even see Amaya outright use any animal spirits? It felt like all her summons were off-screen.