Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Moon Girl really smarter than Victor Von Doom and Reed Richards?

The recent article about Vision's daughter being Black/Latino these days mentioned Moon Girl being the smartest being on Marvel Earth. Is that true and when did this actually get confirmed?

I thought this had already been officialized a long time regardless of the opinion of the readers is true.

BANNED

Long time? I thought Valeria was smarter than both of them...now MOON GIRL has passed them up? LOL.

Astonishing Member

Strictly speaking both Valeria, reed and in fact banner are not on earth or in the universe at present

So in that regard it's still flexible

Of course doom has been suggested as smarter than reed (in some ways )too and he is on earth

It's a very vague concept I suppose but fun to mull over

I think Reed is smarter than Doom. It's part of why he wanted him dead.

Incredible Member

It's done to spur interest in the character and hopefully drive sales (similar to "Supergirl stronger that Superman" when she came back post-crisis).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think Reed is smarter than Doom. It's part of why he wanted him dead.

A better scientific brain I agree

But doom had mastered magic which reed could not really (think mark w did a story on that)

So I feel smarter in some ways over reed

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    A better scientific brain I agree

But doom had mastered magic which reed could not really (think mark w did a story on that)

So I feel smarter in some ways over reed
    Did he master magic? It seemed like his "mother" was a lot better at using it. I'm not even sure that intelligence is required. Wanda Maximoff isn't known as a genius. Pym was able to counter magic with zero training. All unthinkable established is that Reed has difficulty letting go of reason and that Doom had to turn to magic; because science wasn't getting the job done.

BANNED

That time of the month again, eh?

Ultimate Member

She's got 'smart' as a super-power.

Asking whether Moon Girl (or the Leader, or other superhumanly intelligent people) are smarter than Reed Richards or von Doom is like asking if super-strong folk like Thor or the Thing are stronger than non-super-strong folk like the Punisher or Hawkeye.

Lunella > Valeria > Reed > Victor is how the Marvel canonical intelligence intelligence scaling goes.

Just because someone has "more intelligence" doesn't mean that someone can't out do someone with more intelligence because of training, experience, or schooling.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I thought this had already been officialized a long time regardless of the opinion of the readers is true.
    I think it was all just a way to stir up interest in the title. I think it's fair to say she has the potential to exceed the adults some day but she's not there yet. Valeria has been shown to be more precocious back in Millar's Fantastic Four and created high tech stuff when she was 2 or 3. It's all a bit ridiculous though IMO for children to be at such an advanced level at that young an age....when most children are getting potty-trained. You can be born with the potential but there is still things to be learned. They can't match the life experiences of Reed whose explored and studied the Negative Zone or Doom's acquired knowledge of sorcery. Plus their acumen in various sciences.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Did he master magic? It seemed like his "mother" was a lot better at using it. I'm not even sure that intelligence is required. Wanda Maximoff isn't known as a genius. Pym was able to counter magic with zero training. All unthinkable established is that Reed has difficulty letting go of reason and that Doom had to turn to magic; because science wasn't getting the job done.

In the sense that he's one of earth's most capable casters and was in the running to be sorcerer supreme before voodoo got it, yeah, he's right up there

And his mum in the recent books was a creation of Mephisto iirc

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    It's done to spur interest in the character and hopefully drive sales (similar to "Supergirl stronger that Superman" when she came back post-crisis).
    And to serve as an inspiration and role model for young readers, particularly young female readers of color.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think it was all just a way to stir up interest in the title. I think it's fair to say she has the potential to exceed the adults some day but she's not there yet. Valeria has been shown to be more precocious back in Millar's Fantastic Four and created high tech stuff when she was 2 or 3. It's all a bit ridiculous though IMO for children to be at such an advanced level at that young an age....when most children are getting potty-trained. You can be born with the potential but there is still things to be learned. They can't match the life experiences of Reed whose explored and studied the Negative Zone or Doom's acquired knowledge of sorcery. Plus their acumen in various sciences.
    Honestly, I think that would have been the better way to take things having that she has the potential to be the smartest person in the world rather than flat out saying it. It wouldn’t even be the first time that it’s been done as Peter Parker has even been stated by Reed to have potential that rivals his own. Hell it doesn’t even really make all that much sense how a puzzle from Banner (who while one of the smartest, isn’t above Reed) gages someone as being the smartest.