Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yes, though given her age she's probably not as cunning or resourceful and definitely not as experienced.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 11-24-2017 at 09:25 PM.

sure i guess does it matter?

There is plenty of room for smart people. the rankings get kind of tedious after a while. Hank Pym was able to out think Reed and he is not smatter than him. Scott lang did the same to Doom and he is not smarter.

There are a dozen or so people who can be the right science wiz when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She's got 'smart' as a super-power.

Asking whether Moon Girl (or the Leader, or other superhumanly intelligent people) are smarter than Reed Richards or von Doom is like asking if super-strong folk like Thor or the Thing are stronger than non-super-strong folk like the Punisher or Hawkeye.
    This is false. Her intelligence is not a superpower. She is smart in the exact same way as Reed, Doom, Banner, or the others. Her intelligence is a natural gift. She was just as intelligent prior to her exposure to the Terrigen Mists as she was after.

It's not a power. She's just that smart.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    This is false. Her intelligence is not a superpower. She is smart in the exact same way as Reed, Doom, Banner, or the others. Her intelligence is a natural gift. She was just as intelligent prior to her exposure to the Terrigen Mists as she was after.

What is her power then? I'm curious, is it the mind swap thing with devil d?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    What is her power then? I'm curious, is it the mind swap thing with devil d?
    Her mind swap with devil dinosaur is her ability. Though she has no control over it. I personally would like to see the ability grow and evolve so she can mind swap with others and actually control when it happens since and inhuman ability to swap with one being seems flawed in my opinion as an inhuman power.

This is the reason why this doesnt make any sense. A kid cannot be smarter than an adult, the brains has not developed enough.

She cant be as smart as Reed, Doom, or Banner cause those people went to school.

Astonishing Member

Always thought the Leader should be the smartest since that was the power he got from the Gamma Rays. It's pretty bad if he's been overtaken by a bunch of people who are just naturally smart. What would happen if the top 10 smartest was boosted intellectually by Gamma Rays?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

That’s makes sense. The leader’s intelligence was boosted up to the point where it was considered a super power and I don’t think there were any doubts in his early appearances in the Hulk’s book that he was far smarter than Bruce Banner but if they were both to appear today, Bruce would probably be considered on the same level if not higher.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, good catch. I had read some bad info and was too lazy to check my sources, so my bad!

It gets bandied about, but the test itself was put under suspicion in the pages as maybe not perfectly accurate or representative of whatever metric they're all going by.

Astonishing Member

I do think the naturally smart should not normally surpass those with enhanced brains

That said, I think it's been suggested reeds brains were also stretched by his mutation, maybe Valeria inherited that?

As for banner I've always felt he was smarter just less confident, even thanos suggested he was exceptional in the hulk vs thanos mini

However given that moon girl is inhuman and therefore not human in nature, maybe her genetics simply allow her to be more cognitive than a human of her age, don't think I've seen many Inhumans her age so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I do think the naturally smart should not normally surpass those with enhanced brains
    If it's ok for Doom, it should be ok for Moon Girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    If it's ok for Doom, it should be ok for Moon Girl.

True - but my point was that I don't think it should be so, not for doom or any other normal brain to be as smart as a super humanly smart brain like the leader, otherwise I suppose the leader isn't super humanly smart, just humanly so (even if that's at exceptionally human levels like doom and Tony say)

it's a bit like caps strength - he's exceptional for a human but not superhuman - just the best a human can be like panther

but he's never gonna be spider strong say unless he becomes super humanly strong

As for Moon Girl being smartest - sure - why not!
    Last edited by kilderkin; 11-25-2017 at 01:58 PM.

she's smart, leave it at that. Have her come up with cool gadgets and strategies to save the day.

Astonishing Member

Bendis said RiRi would have been bored out of her mind staying in high school and leap frogged her to MIT.

Meanwhile poor Lunella gets stick with kids her age group and teachers who are vastly inferior.

Why does Marvel mistreat the smartest person in the world with her age group? Can't even skip one grade. Tsk Tsk.