Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You didn't like the analogies used. Fine. You said another poster didn't get the character alluding was due to Lunella's intelligence not being a super-power. You might have said Lunella's cuter than Forge or the Leader (an actual fact, BTW) but that point doesn't address the argument. Neither me nor Chainsaw Vigilante said anything about Lunella's smarts being an artificially acquired super power.

We get your point. That point, though, does nothing to support your claim that CV sees the character wrong.
    Chainsaw's post said, and I quote, "never ones to demonstrate all around genius." It seemed pretty clear to me that they were comparing Lunella to Forge and the Leader quite deliberately, as someone whose intelligence isn't "earned" the way the other geniuses are.

Comparing her to Forge or the Leader seems, at least to me, as something done very intentionally to undercut the character. Forge and the Leader are characters whose intelligence is explicitly a super-power. The result of mutations. Lunella was always a genius. It is not a super-power, it is not a mutation, it is not comparable to those characters. It is comparable to Reed, Tony, the Hanks, characters like that.

If Chainsaw sees her as being like Forge, then they see her wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Chainsaw's post said, and I quote, "never ones to demonstrate all around genius." It seemed pretty clear to me that they were comparing Lunella to Forge and the Leader quite deliberately, as someone whose intelligence isn't "earned" the way the other geniuses are.

Comparing her to Forge or the Leader seems, at least to me, as something done very intentionally to undercut the character. Forge and the Leader are characters whose intelligence is explicitly a super-power. The result of mutations. Lunella was always a genius. It is not a super-power, it is not a mutation, it is not comparable to those characters. It is comparable to Reed, Tony, the Hanks, characters like that.

If Chainsaw sees her as being like Forge, then they see her wrong.
    Could be. The "never one to demonstrate all around genius." isn't a valid observation in my opinion. But smart is smart. Forge is a poor example as his abilities have a specific focus. But when comparing her to the Leader, the intelligence should work the same way. Reed, Tony, and the Hanks work as well. I get your meaning now.

We can still agree Lunella's cuter than the Leader, though.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Cause they are writers with little imagination.

Introduce a new character give her/him something that makes him/her cool and different beyond they are smarter or stronger than pre-existing ones. Give them a role that made them special, doing something that other characters are not doing.
    Not such a big deal. Victor used a car battery to help build his device to breach the Netherworld.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And my point is that Forge and the Leader have their intelligence explicitly as super-powers. Slap a power-damper on Forge, and he can't invent any more. Drain the Gamma energy from the Leader, and he becomes a regular dude.

Lunella isn't comparable to them. Lunella is comparable to Richards, Pym, McCoy, Stark, Banner.
    I've said it before the Leader should be the smartest person because of the Gamma Rays. No one should even come close. What if the Gamma Rays supercharged Lunella, Richards, Pym, McCoy, Stark or Banner intellectually? Would they be twice as smart as the Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Could be. The "never one to demonstrate all around genius." isn't a valid observation in my opinion. But smart is smart. Forge is a poor example as his abilities have a specific focus. But when comparing her to the Leader, the intelligence should work the same way. Reed, Tony, and the Hanks work as well. I get your meaning now.

We can still agree Lunella's cuter than the Leader, though.
    I'm trying to figure out a joke implying a sexual attraction to the Leader, but Lunella being a kid makes it tough figuring out good phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I've said it before the Leader should be the smartest person because of the Gamma Rays. No one should even come close. What if the Gamma Rays supercharged Lunella, Richards, Pym, McCoy, Stark or Banner intellectually? Would they be twice as smart as the Leader?
    Banner was super charged by gamma rays. they didn't make him smarter. it was the Leader's insecurities about his intelligence that resulted in the augmentation of his brain (speculatively).

original question: Luna is the most moral character, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    There actually was a female scientist who the leader gave the equivalent powers of himself too, back in the day.

Because she was more intelligent then baseline Samuel Sterns, she was both vastly more intelligent then the leader, and had vastly more powerful mental powers.

She cured herself and the Leader never pulled that one again.