Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm certainly not defending how the US treats its lower or even middle classes, especially farmers, I'm just saying the answer is not copying China. Part of the impact of our funding of their rise to world power has been the pleasant side effect of lifting many millions out of poverty. But it also allowed their government to fully fund a military modernization and state surveillance system that makes them a threat to the region and their own people.
    That's fair. I wouldn't recommend copying China on anything related to human rights, as they don't prioritize them like we do here in the states. But at the same time it really irks me that China has stuff to brag about on an issue where we just keep failing over and over again at fixing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Sometimes homeless people can be a nuisance that you have to call the cops when they don't stop being a nuisance.
    It's unfortunate but true. There are several problems here, and while we should try to help the homeless, it's not a good idea to allow them to be public nuisances.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets