Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Make her a permanent JL and Birds of Prey member, give her an A list solo team, and redesign her ‘look’ to something flashier.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 12-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Her exposure on the Animated CW Seed and live action Legends of Tomorrow, while marginal to modest has indeed expanded her awareness.
    I think the time is right to try an ongoing solo with Vixen and placing her in a place of prominence on some team book somewhere.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Her exposure on the Animated CW Seed and live action Legends of Tomorrow, while marginal to modest has indeed expanded her awareness.
    I think the time is right to try an ongoing solo with Vixen and placing her in a place of prominence on some team book somewhere.
    I'm hoping that she gets a solo sometime next year. Despite the increase in her profile thanks to the CW, Orlando's JLA, and minor appearances in Injustice 2 and Justice League Action, I dont think she's likely to keep a solo afloat without a big name attached to her.....which is great until that big name leaves for another title.

So perhaps the best route is to put her in the Young Animal or Dark Matter imprints. Both are still part of the larger DCU, just a little removed from familiar paths. And while Dark Matter is still largely a unknown factor, it is using the biggest names DC has to hype interest, and the Young Animal line is becoming the new version of Vertigo, where all the soon to be cult classics live. I think a critically acclaimed sleeper hit that no one reads until its finished is about as good as we can reasonably expect. She's not going to set the sales charts on fire, but could do well in trade and digital if they can get the attention of the right demographic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Make her a main JL member and give her her own solo book
    This. This. THIS!

Shoulda done it with Rebirth and should do it now.

If anyone was going to take Martian Manhunter's place in the League it should have been Vixen.
    Batman - Daredevil

They also need to include Vixen in the DC Super Hero Girls web series/upcoming animated series on TV and in the DC Super Hero Girls comic books/graphic novels/young adult novels as a permanent team member.

Plus with Vixen being a supermodel/former supermodel who is also a fashion designer, DC should be exploring opportunities to tie that in with fashion merchandise for females.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-06-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Looks wise they could model her (no pun) after African goddesses and queens. Imagine how epic it would be if a striking figure like the following is posing next to Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman in a JL line-up

I think her current look is already pretty great.
    They finally got rid of the ridiculous cleavage and her hair more natural now.
    The costume itself is a nice update to her more classic looks. They just need to focus on making her a bigger part of the DCU.

This is what I wrote in the Vixen Appreciation thread a while back.

Storyline: Pretty basic, Mari the Globetrotting Superhero. She's a fashion model, so she won't be relegated to one point for long. Introduce her in one city and have her world expand as she goes from place to place.

Villains: Introduce new characters. I had an idea where a group of villains called The Poachers stay in the background and tail Mari around the world as a constant threat. She also needs an archvillainess who could match, or even over power her.

Supporting cast: A group of fashion models and their manager who operate as Mari's support squad. In a good reversal, they're the one who keep their secret lives hidden, while Mari is the hero with the public identity.

Love interest: Bronze Tiger will be that on again off again romance that gets steamy whenever he shows up. And a new character that changes Mari's life up a bit. Maybe a down to earth person who is constantly brought along and in awe of the life Mari leads. Like a good ol' boy type guy.

I don't think we should be recycling villains and support characters off the jump. Give her something to call her own first, and then we can bring in the rest of the world.
    I still stand by most of it.

To add to it, Asceneded's post made me think of having her be the provider/creator of a lot of other heroes costumes. Or at least, she has the means to create the costumes for those who need them, so that could expand her link to other heroes.

I'd want Anansi to continue to play a big role in her abilities and be a chaotic constant in her life.

I think that's a good base to start from. It's where I'd start from anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Remove her from those awful CW shows. She is very out of place there.Does not belong there..The character is better than that..
    I don't disagree with that, but the actress who plays her is SMOKING!!!!! So, at least she makes great eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    They also need to include Vixen in the DC Super Hero Girls web series/upcoming animated series on TV and in the DC Super Hero Girls comic books/graphic novels/young adult novels as a permanent team member.
    I believe we'll be seeing Vixen debuting her Superhero identity in the upcoming season of DC Super Hero Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    For me, part of Vixen's appeal is that you never know which animals she is mimicking at any given time when she's coming at you, which makes her even more dangerous and unpredictable, and having a constantly-changing costume to reflect the animals she is currently mimicking would be a huge giveaway to her opponents (this is one of the reasons why I think Beast Boy is at a disadvantage with his powers because his opponents can literally see what animal he has turned into...plus he remains green, which makes him immediately stand out and be noticed).

Also the constantly-changing look of her costume would probably be very difficult to pull off in animation and live action.
    All excellent points.

Retired

It's too bad Vixen never got her own comic from Gerry Conway and Bob Oksner, when she looked like this--

When she showed up in the Detroit Justice League, I really didn't like her much, because of how she was drawn--

The problem on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is that Maisie Richardson-Sellers is playing the grandmother--yet Sellers is so beautiful and so effective in the Vixen role that it's impossible to imagine anyone better.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. She doesn’t do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I believe we'll be seeing Vixen debuting her Superhero identity in the upcoming season of DC Super Hero Girls .
    That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. She doesn’t do anything for me.
    Whaaaat?!? You must not have a pulse!!! lol