Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Relationships Between Wonder Foes You’d Like to See

Something I enjoyed and I think broadened and made Gotham more interesting was the War of Jokes and Riddles story. The relationship of the Joker and Riddler was delved into alongside their contempt for Batman. Same thing for Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn in BTAS.

Similarly, in Rucka’s first run I liked the exploration of Circe and Ares relationship’s ups and downs alongside their animosity to the Amazing Amazon. To me, it gave a richer backdrop to the Wonder mythos and some interesting character exploration.

So, which other Wonder foes would you like to see interact in a meaningful way - whether they currently exist in Prime Earth/Rebirth or they are a character you’d like to bring back? What does that relationship look like to you?

3D72B388-93DC-468F-8A5A-669AE14024AC.jpg

Id love seeing Cheetah and Circe being snarky allies.

Mighty Member

I think id like any combination of all the big ones interacting with another.

I think Giganta would be good friends with Silver Swan tho so ill go with them.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 12-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.

I still wonder why Circe and Are's daughter got named Hippolyta...

Then there's Deva.... I'd love to see her meet Grail.... fist to face.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I still wonder why Circe and Are's daughter got named Hippolyta...

Then there's Deva.... I'd love to see her meet Grail.... fist to face.
    IIRC, Circe names her daughter Lyta in honor of Hippolyta after her close friendship with Diana as Donna Milton. She transformed into Donna to get close to Diana to destroy her, but the spell worked to well and she kinda got lost in the Donna persona.

I love that Ares was also in mortal guise when he and Donna hit it, giving Lyta quite the intriguing parentage story to tell in kindergarten.

I’d kind of like to see an adversarial relationship and repartee between Doctor Psycho and other female Wonder foes - Queen Clea, Cheetah, Doctor Cyber - due to his misogyny.

He shouldn’t be relegated to solely fighting Diana and the Amazons. I can see him wanting to control villainesses equally, just by the virtue of being women.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’d kind of like to see an adversarial relationship and repartee between Doctor Psycho and other female Wonder foes - Queen Clea, Cheetah, Doctor Cyber - due to his misogyny.

He shouldn’t be relegated to solely fighting Diana and the Amazons. I can see him wanting to control villainesses equally, just by the virtue of being women.
    O_o' ooh.. I just imagined the results of him messing with Deva... that could get REALLY ugly. Deva's not a telepath, but she can read and rewrite the memories of others.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Giganta and Dr. Psycho

I always though a romantic relationship won Cyber and Posion

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

This would be interesting. Although I can see most of these women wanting to rip him apart as well if they could get their hands on him.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I think I'd find the 'oddball' couples the more interesting, like relationships between people you wouldn't expect. Stuff like Dr. Psycho and Giganta for instance could be something... though in the WW mythos, and with Psycho's rampant misogyny, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned out to be gay, so pair him with Hercules.

The one I'd find really amusing to pair off with someone else however, would have to be Cheetah. Because she's the one with the longest history of being difficult to even work with and now when she's gone even more feral than ever, I think it could be good if it was discovered that Barbara actually had someone who she returns to regardless of what state she's in. It would be even better if this someone was functionally helpless if Barbara was to ever turn on them.
    I was kinda thinking this other person could be someone like Hypnota, who once also tried her luck with going up against Diana, and it cost her dearly... like loosing her eyes or consigned her to a wheelchair, just so she and Barbara have something in common.

I'd like to imagine Cheetah and Giganta, being two of the most prolific female villains typically seen in big villain group scenes would at least be somewhat chummy.

I can't see any female villain really getting along with Dr. Psycho. I did like the story where he teamed up with Silver Swan in the 80's because they were both just completely messed up representations of their respective sexes. But Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Cyber, etc. just seem too... feminist to ever want to work with Psycho. It always struck me as odd that Heinberg had both Cheetah and Giganta with Psycho despite a few years earlier Cheetah betraying Dr. Light because of his own rapist tendencies.

I see a lot of villains not working with Giganta.

As a gigantic, powerful, and terrifying giant woman, Dr. Psycho would see Giganta a symbol of female power, and likewise target her for assassination alongside Wonder Woman.

Giganta would likely defend her city from an invasion of Clea- led giant kaiju. Imagine Pacific Rim starring pissed off woman instead of robots.

I'm also kind of in love with the idea of Angle Man as a deadbeat douchebag only son of Queen Clea, who finds the magical Angler and decides to use it to live a playboy criminals's life on the surface world.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.

In the "How Would You Fix Villainy Inc." topic, I posited this as a potential VI line-up to revamp and recirculate some of Diana's Golden Age villains of less reknown:

1. Eviless (leader)
    2. Giganta
    3. Hypnota
    4. Badra
    5. Queen Clea
    6. Doctor Poison
    7. Inventa
    8. Blue Snowman

In my imagining, I see some interesting connections happening between Giganta (especially her Doris Zeul character) and Doctor Poison. Both brilliant doctors and scientists in my mind, they might find kinship in their plotting with aspects of biology, chemistry, and physiology in a human, metahuman, extraterrestrial, magical, demigod, and godly world.

Being basically blank slates, I'd also create some kind of trio between Badra, Hypnota, and Inventa.

I'd develop a professional rivalry between the Mask and the Gentleman Killer.

I haven't put my finger on it yet, but I'd also create some kind of relationship where Angle Man is nonplussed by Duke of Deception - part that he's his own man vs Deception and part that his angler weapon can do somewhat similar feats to what Deception can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd like to imagine Cheetah and Giganta, being two of the most prolific female villains typically seen in big villain group scenes would at least be somewhat chummy.

I can't see any female villain really getting along with Dr. Psycho. I did like the story where he teamed up with Silver Swan in the 80's because they were both just completely messed up representations of their respective sexes. But Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Cyber, etc. just seem too... feminist to ever want to work with Psycho. It always struck me as odd that Heinberg had both Cheetah and Giganta with Psycho despite a few years earlier Cheetah betraying Dr. Light because of his own rapist tendencies.
    Considering Psycho is what his name implies, I actually could see him working with Giganta... if we went by one certain route... and left him utterly confused when he finds out she's actually a gorilla.

"I'll just take a peek and see... What? ARG! NO! Not the bananas!"