Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Post-Justice League: what would make a good MOS sequel? (spoilers)

So, by now most of us have seen Justice League for one reason or another, yes? Through a combination of Johns, Snyder, and Whedon's visions we now have a Reborn Superman/Superman Rebirth in the DCEU. For better or worse, the soft reset button has been hit on Superman, and given the "now THIS is Superman comments" running around the web, it seems to have been effective on some level.

So, with that in mind and assuming that inspite of JL's financial issues the positive reception Superman has been enjoying is enough to give him a movie, what dose everyone think that should look like/comprise of now?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-25-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Post-Justice League: what would make a good MOS squeal?
    I'm still undecided as to whether the use of "squeal" in the thread name was on purpose or a misspelling/typo . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm still undecided as to whether the use of "squeal" in the thread name was on purpose or a misspelling/typo . . .

Lmao that's my bad. Having big hands and typing on a phone fast don't tend to mix well.

It'd be great if a mod could help me out and change it to "sequel". Thanks in advance.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Give up on the movie series. Make more animated features.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Tell me...do you SQUEAL?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Sacred Knight had the suggestion of using Silver Banshee as the villian and tackling the afterlife so i'd be curious about seeing that.

Most of the story ideas from the last sequel thread could still work.

My only apprehension with anything dealing with the afterlife is that it would be an excuse to retread ground with Pa, jor-El, Lara, and Zod as opposed to treating JL as the end of a complete arc. Had we gotten an MOS2 before BVS and JL then I'd be 100% for this idea.

In regards to previous idea, I'm wondering if some of them aren't applicable to the new Rebirth Superman. Like, I remember really wanting a Parasite movie that functioned more like a thriller. But I can't really see that working with this Superman like it would've with the MOS Superman.

I even remember being strictly against doing another alien in the movie, but now I'm 100% thinking they should go with Brainiac in the sequel if he's still not being saved for the JL anymore. I even think the Johns and Frank story (with a dash of Morrison so we give Lois and the Daily Planet crew something fun to do) works perfect for it. And given that this Superman is confirmed "stronger than a planet" we can get the planet exploding super nova scene. Plus, we can play with other worlds while paving the way for but not stepping on the toes of Green Lanterns by using the bottle environments. You get world hopping, but in miniature.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Something a little more grounded, I think. Alien invasions are getting old and people want to see Superman interact with civilians. Or, the opposite: something out in space, perhaps on War World. Or perhaps Brainiac and Kandor. But something other than "an alien army is invading an Earth city."

But my number one pick would probably be a New Gods movie centered on Superman.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I had an idea for a mini-series set between Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, a friend expanded on that saying it should be small-scale, focusing on Clark's day job in the Daily Planet.

You know, keep the sci-fi shtick to the movies.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Tell me...do you SQUEAL?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Ned Beatty says yes.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Superman fighting the military and Metallo with traces of Brainiac pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Ned Beatty says yes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

BRAINIAC!

I'm sure we can come up with a good villain...

(BRAINIAC!)

Someone other than Luthor....

(BRAINIAC!)

Someone worthy of Superman's skills...

(BRAINIAC!)

I'm sure I'll think of someone...

(BRAINIAC!)
    Assassinate Putin!

How about a movie with Brainiac?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How about a movie with Brainiac?
    BRILLIANT! Why didn't someone think of that?
    Assassinate Putin!