Thread: Potential Haul?

All-New Member

Default Potential Haul?

Hey, everybody!

Today I saw, I'm gonna say hundreds, of comic books in a charity shop at £1 each and I was wondering if there is any value to them? They were all dated around the late 80s/early 90s, it was mostly DC with a few Marvels in there, I picked up 4 just so I could come home and do a little research to see if they were worth more than I paid. If they are, I am going back tomorrow and picking up the whole lot, they were all in fantastic condition with all of them having their own protective sleeves.

I picked up Ms Tree Quarterly: Number 2, Catwoman: Her Sisters Keeper, The Saga of Swamp Thing and Batman: Year One.

While I am a fan of superheroes, I watch all the movies/TV shows, but when it comes to the comic books I am a bit of a novice. There were a lot of Batman, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Aquaman, Ragman, and a lot I hadn't heard of, if I am honest, but they were all DC/Marvel.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Hmm. I would say those were worth exactly what you paid for.

In the states here, they are “dollar bin” comics.

Batman Year one goes for around 5-10 dollars depending on condition

They are worth nowhere near a pound each. Probable value would be closer to ten for a pound.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    They are worth nowhere near a pound each. Probable value would be closer to ten for a pound.
    Ah, alright, thanks for the heads up!

I shall not waste my money haha