Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is it time for Grant Morrison to replace Geoff Johns at DC?

What do you think?

Morrison's love for the DCUniverse makes me feel uncomfortable. I think he uses superheroes to tell BIG IDEAS, and that's when he's at his best. Asking him to steward intellectual properties is against his nature and not his strength.

Were I God, I'd raise Darwyn Cook from the dead and annoint him King of WB/DC.

Swiss army nerd

This is a terrible, terrible idea that I'd pay good money to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    This is a terrible, terrible idea that I'd pay good money to see.
    I don't follow you there.

Something I'll add is that maybe Morrison wouldn't approach the job the same way Johns has. Maybe he wouldn't micromanage everything.

I think a person in that job should focus on raising the sales of the marginal properties, and should leave the thriving properties alone. Maybe Morrison would agree with that.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-26-2017 at 07:43 AM.

I'd prefer letting Morrison write / create ideas rather than trying to MANAGE the overall DC Universe.
    (Besides, considering how often his past projects have had scheduling delays (whether because of art issues or not), and the problem at the start of the New 52 where nobody bothered to get Morrison and George Pérez on the same page regarding Action Comics and Superman, . . . just, NO!)

Incredible Member

Hell no! Morrison sucks. His big ideas (like Final Crisis) suck and it’s best for him to stay the hell away. Hell, I think we should ignore anything he ever did at DC. I like him a little better than Tom King but I would prefer them both to be out of DC.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Lol...hell no. He can write a book, or two, that's not Batman, or Superman, but manage the whole thing?

What's up with people's fascination with car crashes? Think about what kind of person Morrison is....You want that in charge?

I like Grant...but no.

No.

But I do think there's a case for Geoff J to stop writing completely to fully concentrate on his other responsibilities.

If I remember correctly, he already is working as Heavy Metal editor. It seems he is a little occupied right now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Only if he could write everything.

That said, it would be great if Johns could either return his focus to comics, or have him replaced with someone who does. I dont see the point in having him as the chief idea man of comics if he spends most of his time doing spin-off work with TV and movies.

I like Grant well-enough, but he's too busy right now and I don't think he'd be a right fit for the role.

BANNED

Something else that's greasing the skids for Geoff to go elsewhere is that he was one of four producers of the JLA disaster. He was also one of the producers of the Green Lantern movie, which lost $90 million, but he got his name taken off the credits. How in the world does anyone engineer two financial calamities like that and walk away unscathed? In a competently run corporation, they couldn't.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...on-Warner-Bros
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-26-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I doubt he'd ever want that job.

I'd love to see him writing a DC book though. God, I miss that.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.