Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    Please no.
    Please elaborate on that. Do you think Morrison would have lost DC Entertainment upwards of $200 million on those two movies?

Why hasn't Johns already walked the plank for this? Does he have incriminating photos of someone high up at Time Warner, or something like that?
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-26-2017 at 10:30 AM.

No. Grant Morrison is absolutely awesome at certain things: Superman, Batman, JLA, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, etc. But the bigger company- wide stuff is more hit or miss (Final Crisis, Multiversity, etc).

Geoff Johns is fine, he just needs to commit to either writing full - time or the overall business side full - time, not both at once.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There are worse choices. Some properties like Superman and maybe even Wonder Woman would be far better off with Morrison than Johns, or probably anybody else. But we have no basis to know whether or not he'd be suited for the job overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Please elaborate on that. Do you think Morrison would have lost DC Entertainment upwards of $200 million on those two movies?
    I think he would've lost them even more, since he has literally no business or management experience that I know of.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Why hasn't Johns already walked the plank for this? Does he have incriminating photos of someone high up at Time Warner, or something like that?
    Justice League was going to flop regardless of Johns’s involvement as it was already far along in the planning stages by the time he came on and since Snyder is just a polarizing director to begin with.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-26-2017 at 11:14 AM.

I'm no fan of the Geoff Johns of today, nor his vision for the DCU in either print or screen media, but from the business perspective its a lot more complicated than just "insert-your-favorite-writer-here" into the job.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You need to learn what a producers actually does if you think the failure of Green Lantern and the problems with Justice League are Johns fault. Jesus you sound like your on a witch hunt here. If you really think Johns had ANY control over what made it to the screen for either of those movies your a fool.

And no Morrison would be a total mess if he was the main man in charge.

Frak, yes!

It would change the world.

Grant Morrison is fantastic writer and has great vision but I don't think he is suited to the role.

BANNED

On the comics side absolutely, neither he NOR Johns have any business on the movie/tv side of things.

Comic moviegoers aren't ready for Grant Morrison.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If I remember correctly, he already is working as Heavy Metal editor. It seems he is a little occupied right now.
    He is EIC, and if his tenure there is any indication of how he would be in a supervisory role, well, the first 6 issues of his tenure could best be described as hot garbage, incoherent drivel and lack of any real storytelling or direction in the features he chose, then he basically became a figurehead, let others take over and the magazine slowly started to improve again and escape form the morass of suck it descended in under his auspices. Pretty much all he does now is write a feature or two an editorial that is more incoherent babbling in the vein of Supergods, and rubber stamp middle management decisions. If ythat is the kind of leadership you want heading DC, more power to you, I'll pass.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Grant Morrison is a great writer, but I don't think he has the required management skills

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Comic moviegoers aren't ready for Grant Morrison.
    'Welcome to you first Grant Morrison movie, no you don't need 3D glasses, but you do need to smoke some of this.'

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

1) No.

Morrison is 1 million times the writer Johns is, but he's not a businessperson, a team-worker for extended periods of time or easily digestible.

2) Does the OP has any idea of what Johns actually does, when he started doing what it is that he does now, and what is or isn't his responsibility? Honest question, 'cause reading the replies it doesn't seem so and, well, that renders the whole point moot anyway.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!