Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    He is EIC, and if his tenure there is any indication of how he would be in a supervisory role, well, the first 6 issues of his tenure could best be described as hot garbage, incoherent drivel and lack of any real storytelling or direction in the features he chose, then he basically became a figurehead, let others take over and the magazine slowly started to improve again and escape form the morass of suck it descended in under his auspices. Pretty much all he does now is write a feature or two an editorial that is more incoherent babbling in the vein of Supergods, and rubber stamp middle management decisions. If ythat is the kind of leadership you want heading DC, more power to you, I'll pass.

-M
    I completely disagree. Each issue has a strong theme linking the stories, he's been fostering new talent and new approaches and I haven't enjoyed Heavy Metal this much since the first two years of the magazine. Hell, I bought a two year subscription based upon the first two issues of his tenure. And while I can understand not liking the style of his introductions each issue, last issues tribute to Len Wein was more than coherent, it was touching, heartfelt, and very well written.

But whether you or I like his approach, the proof in the pudding will be 1) did the magazine publish on time; 2) has sales been good; 3) does new and old talent like working under his tenure.

So far it seems like that is the case and shows that he can do more than most gave him credit for in a 'business' role... everything else comes down to personal taste.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I would love to ignore what he’s done. What has he done that was worth a ****? Final Crisis? That was a piece of ****. Batman R.I.P.? Sucked. Batman Inc? Boring. All Star Superman? Umm no thanks. . The best thing we got from him was that annoying little ******* Damian. Other than his Animal Man run which is hardly ever referenced anyway, What has he done? This is all just my opinion ofcourse. Others like him and that great for them but I can’t stand his writing.
    This statement is blasphemy.

It is against God.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    What do you think?
    No Grant is way, way too out there, into his LSD, new age religion, his weed, his coke, his whiskey and beers.... don't get me wrong he sometimes writers great material but other times the guy is terrible....he's controversial for a reason....let him writer but don't let him manage, his politics would drive people crazy like Alan Moore, Frank Miller etc on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    No. Grant Morrison is absolutely awesome at certain things: Superman, Batman, JLA, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, etc. But the bigger company- wide stuff is more hit or miss (Final Crisis, Multiversity, etc).

Geoff Johns is fine, he just needs to commit to either writing full - time or the overall business side full - time, not both at once.
    FC and Multiversity are both amazing. But carry on.

I’ve always thought of giving him an imprint, like Gerard Way.

And as noted it is something he may consider since he is doing the Heavy Metal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    So Grant Morrison who has never worked on a movie is a better choice?
    He has worked in film, tho.

The thing about Grant is that he can do his thing, his off the wall concepts, but he also knows the essence of these characters and the DCU like few out there. He can do the standard superhero story too.

Man we would get some amazing comics, but it’s really a pipe dream. IMHO.

Still waiting for his follow up to Multiversity, he’s working with Snyder on Metal, and he is doing WW Earth One vol. 2. Yes please

Spectacular Member

That's what's awesome about Grant Morrison. You always get interesting concepts and stories. Those who hate and don't care for his stuff, there's endless standard superhero fare out there. Grant's stories are what made me love the DC universe, from Animal Man all the way through to Final Crisis and Multiversity. All his works connect and link up and, in there own way, create their own continuity.

BANNED

Who gets the blame for GL and JL losing upwards of $200M, if it isn't Geoff?

Are you going to blame the characters?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I like Grant...but no.
    Yeah, agreed
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Better question...

If the films were an unqualified success, would you be trying to give him all of the credit?

BANNED

The latest projections say that Justice League could lose $!50M! But hey, Johns came up with the idea that Doctor Manhattan killed Ma and Pa Kent, so he stays, right?

https://www.tvovermind.com/movies/co...gue-box-office
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-28-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Incredible Member

I think you’re overestimating how much control Johns has over these movies. You seem to want to blame him but he was pretty much just advising and getting producer crest. Justice League hasn’t even been out 2 weeks yet. Give it time. Did you see it? It wasn’t a bad movie. I enjoyed it. There were some issues but it was a fun movie.

The latest projections say that Justice League could lose $!50M! But hey, Johns came up with the idea that Doctor Manhattan killed Ma and Pa Kent, so he stays, right?

https://www.tvovermind.com/movies/co...gue-box-office
    So you want Johns to hold a gun to everyone and tell them to watch JL?

Extraordinary Member

The people who actually wrote the script maybe? Because that wasn’t Geoff. Geoff did co-write Wonder Woman, though, and everyone loved that movie.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-28-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Were I God, I'd raise Darwyn Cook from the dead and annoint him King of WB/DC.
    I am SO with you on that.

Samdy Hausler