Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Only if you ignore that, according to writers, Sue's heart's desire is to be Namor's consort.

To be fair, I try to ignore that, too.
    Claremont's run was a mass fever dream that is better forgotten. That image was 20 years ago, the images I showed were from the most recent runs.

She doesn't want him and is happy with Reed, this shouldn't even be a discussion.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post

That was one of those storylines that never got properly resolved iirc.
    Isn't that pic from a Claremont/Salvador issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Isn't that pic from a Claremont/Salvador issue?
    I believe so.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Claremont's run was a mass fever dream that is better forgotten. That image was 20 years ago, the images I showed were from the most recent runs.

She doesn't want him and is happy with Reed, this shouldn't even be a discussion.
    Sure. But would there be a Val Richards without Claremont's run?

DeFalco run is from the 90's and Namor tries to kidnap Sue there. Not long after Sue kissed him with passion and on her own volution, I must add..

FF #412 ? It was more a replay of FF #149 than of FF #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yes. Next question...
    I can't find an evil laughing smiley. Sorry! It would have been so appropriate...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Dr. Doom is a horrible person, in - story, but there are legions of fans - and possibly writers/creators, who actually dig him quite a bit. Are they all evil? Are they all complicit in the terrible deeds he does?
    We see Stan Lee himself as an inspiration. He still has a great fondness for the character he co-created with Jack KIrby (although I tend to think there's a lot more of Kirby than Stan in Doom's origin) and Stan says he wants to clear Doom's name.

Yes. Next question...
    I'd be up for any plan of Doom's that get's rid of Tony Stark's washed up rock n' roller mama.

Sure. But would there be a Val Richards without Claremont's run?
    I hate how Valeria's birth reducers the impact of Sue's miscarriage. It was a great story that didn't need this magical "happy ending" years later as it ruins the story. So, I wouldn't be upset over there being no Val without Claremont.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Okay. What is the context that makes the situation less terrible?

But we know for a fact that innocent people died during Namor's invasion in the 40's. First issue of Robinson's Squadron Supreme, check it out.

At the end of this same storyline, the real Sue and Namor exchange a VERY passionate kiss. You know that, right? At the time, Reed was stuck in the Negative Zone.

It's not even the only time where she kissed him after the marriage.

Attachment 58396
    That's pretty bad. What year was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hate how Valeria's birth reducers the impact of Sue's miscarriage. It was a great story that didn't need this magical "happy ending" years later as it ruins the story. So, I wouldn't be upset over there being no Val without Claremont.
    fair enough. I do think that, eventually, it will pay off. Reed will have an intellectual heir. she's easy to hate now because she's one of those weird haley joel osment-style "adult kids." but I do think that she will eventually be seen as an essential part of the family.

I cannot remember for certain, but Namor has/had a decades long history with the Serpent Crown, whose influence is dominating and evil. While I don't remember if he wore the crown, others in his story did and he had his hands full with that.

While it would be easy - too easy - to say that Namor has saved the world, if not the land-humans many times, I am thinking that the Serpent Crown's influence could account for some of the bad things that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    We see Stan Lee himself as an inspiration. He still has a great fondness for the character he co-created with Jack KIrby (although I tend to think there's a lot more of Kirby than Stan in Doom's origin) and Stan says he wants to clear Doom's name.

I kind of see Stan as the villain of the story, really. but he's great at managing his own image.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd be up for any plan of Doom's that get's rid of Tony Stark's washed up rock n' roller mama.
    I'd support several Doom titles if they would only reveal her to be Mephisto.

I cannot remember for certain, but Namor has/had a decades long history with the Serpent Crown, whose influence is dominating and evil. While I don't remember if he wore the crown, others in his story did and he had his hands full with that.

While it would be easy - too easy - to say that Namor has saved the world, if not the land-humans many times, I am thinking that the Serpent Crown's influence could account for some of the bad things that happened.
    or maybe he's just a jerk.

This. The FF are no mere super heroes.

They are people who can change the hearts and minds of even their once enemies.

Let Namor pine for Sue, it is a part of what makes him, him. Let Sue have her regrets or doubts even. She knows where she belongs and she is there.

- - this reminds me - who would be in charge of the Old Atlanteans, with Sue gone? Is it Namor? This is a story.

Extraordinary Member

Paul Destine used the crown to destroy Atlantis (killing Namor's grandpa & mother), and give Namor amnesia which resulted in him becoming a bum.

Damn, I love the silver age.

That crown is nothing but trouble for Namor.