Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Isn't Marvel supposed to be "the world outside your window", with characters being very realistic and relatable? I can't relate to Sue when she is so infatuated with a violent man that has caused the deaths of innocents.

Say what you will about Reed, he is every bit a better man than Namor. Sue deeply kissing the guy that tries to kill her husband is terrible.
    Sometimes that's just the way it has to be. Does she have to be ultra noble?!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Sometimes that's just the way it has to be. Does she have to be ultra noble?!!
    My girlfriend doesn't kiss people that try to kill me or have killed innocents. Is she ultra noble? Only ultra noble women don't do this kind of thing?

BANNED

I can't imagine a woman who DOESN'T lust after Namor, BUT a good wife wouldn't act on it (just as a good husband wouldn't). However, there is such a thing as honor, duty, and taking vows in a real marriage--"till death do you part" is far more interesting to me than, "Hey, let's break up Spidey and Mary Jane!". I'd like to see more stable married couples in comics--it's a very under-represented minority group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I can't imagine a woman who DOESN'T lust after Namor
    Yeah, women simply can't resist it.

1683476-hobonamor5.jpg

Is not like all super-heroes are attractive and women generally can resist them just fine. No, Namor is special. Literally the only attractive comic book character, that's why women want to be with him even when he tries to kill their loved ones.

holy halibut!

BANNED

My girlfriend doesn't kiss people that try to kill me or have killed innocents. Is she ultra noble? Only ultra noble women don't do this kind of thing?
    This is 2017. The internet age. The instagram age. IPhones. Note 8s. Women..young women and married women love to sneak out on their husbands and have multiple partners via the smart phone game. It's even worse with Teachers partaking into sneaking around with their high school students. There's a story almost every week on those situations.

It's a little unrealistic to think that Susan is just with her husband and that's it. That's Superman level nobility. Lol.

BANNED

This is 2017. The internet age. The instagram age. IPhones. Note 8s. Women..young women and married women love to sneak out on their husbands and have multiple partners via the smart phone game. It's even worse with Teachers partaking into sneaking around with their high school students. There's a story almost every week on those situations.

It's a little unrealistic to think that Susan is just with her husband and that's it. That's Superman level nobility. Lol.
    Even if I accept your view that "it's 2017, everyone has an affair" (i don't, but let's pretend I do), why Sue chose a violent, unstable guy that has killed civilians and has tried to kill her husband to do it?

Spectacular Member

What fantasy world did you get this data from? And just cause you hear a news story involving a student and a teacher, doesn't mean everyone is doing it. Sad that you would judge all women like this.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This is a pretty offensive line of thinking. The internet is swarming with low lifes but that doesn't mean they represent the majority of women or men.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You do know that none of those are canon right? 616 Sue has only ever been with Reed.
    The one posted in the CBR article about unfaithful superheroes is an embarrassment to the site and shows how the standards of the writing and research of basic facts has declined. Susan and Victor have never "canoodled" and Stan & Jack put an end to the Susan/Reed/Namor triangle when they introduced Namor's love interest Lady Dorma. As you mentioned earlier, the Marvel Knights 4 story with Black Panther isn't canon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm sure that he had not been provoked by years of Doom going out of his way to harm him and his family. rewind a bit and Reed put Doom in his will.
    Yeah, he did give him his class ring because he got expelled. Reed has been shown to feel a guilty about how things went during their college days and to top it off, Matt Fraction made a completely unnecessary retcon where Ben confessed to Reed that he deliberately played around with the settings on the equipment. The late Dwayne McDuffie wrote one of the best stories about their relationship in the one shot story My Dinner with Doom. What does that say about Ben and Reed that even when they were told to leave him alone, they still meddled, sneaking into his room,etc.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2017 at 02:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Stan & Jack put an end to the Susan/Reed/Namor triangle when they introduced Namor's love interest Lady Dorma.
    Later writers resurrected it when they made Sue try to divorce Reed while she was living with Namor.

I can find canon images of Sue and Namor kissing and they are from way after Lee's Fantastic Four.

It isn't CBR's fault that Sue has a thing for the man that has tried to kill her husband and has killed innocent civilians.

Later writers resurrected it when they made Sue try to divorce Reed while she was living with Namor.

I can find canon images of Sue and Namor kissing and they are from way after Lee's Fantastic Four.

It isn't CBR's fault that Sue has a thing for the man that has tried to kill her husband and has killed innocent civilians.
    It's lazy and crappy writing. Instead if doing something worthwhile and developing her character, they would rather have her as a trophy for Reed and Namor to fight over. It's not even consistent writing as in one run she struggles to resist his advances and in another she practically tells him to f*ck off.
    One thing is for sure, she hasn't slept with Namor or anyone other than Reed.

it's so boring that this dead plot is the only thing that people love to bring up. It shows how much writers have failed the character over the years if this is the only thing people can talk about.

EDIT: Also, if she did sleep with Namor. Don't you think he would lord it over Reed the first chance he got?
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-28-2017 at 03:56 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's lazy and crappy writing.
    I agree, but we aren't the only readers. There are people in this very thread that think that Sue kissing the man that has tried to kill her husband behind her husband's back is something "magical". Marvel is catering to those people.

Character development can and should go beyond "affairs", but Marvel won't do it while people treat crap soap-opera as good writing.

BANNED

Even if I accept your view that "it's 2017, everyone has an affair" (i don't, but let's pretend I do), why Sue chose a violent, unstable guy that has killed civilians and has tried to kill her husband to do it?
    Forget Namor then. Reed is in that lab all the time and Susan is just gonna be boring and not doing anything extra? That's why she's viewed as vanilla. She takes it and doesn't have the moxy to put a stop to bad treatment. Reed isn't cheating but goddamn..how many times is this guy gonna lie and secretly plot behind Susan's back...Illuminati...Civil War...it's absurd. A regular Marvel female wouldn't just bow down like that. Its just a little too cute that while he's doing that time and again, she is just this little sidekick blonde wife who can rationalize it all without stepping out once.

There have been ongoing conversations on why there would be a need for a Fantastic Four return. Well the thing is..when they do bring it back..flip the switch. Change it up. Give Susan a backbone...her stepping out on her lying and deceitful work obsessed husband would of been a huge plot that would of had the comic world buzzing. Women in 2017 can relate on stepping out on their husbands. It would of been different than the usual trope of people just wanting to read about how Doom would return and steal the show again...which is a common theme from most FF discussions for years now. Its like no one really cares if FF goes to the MCU but people would love if Doom was in it. Why? Because he is like Batman and people love to see him keep getting pushed.

Susan and her mother den act has never been in demand like that and it's sad. She's been around since1961. This is ridiculous. She was leapfrogged by Storm, Rogue, and the other ultra do gooder...Jean Grey. No affairs since 61? Come on...lol. In the modern world...girls love to sneak around on Snapchat..Facebook..Instagram...all of it. Got secret codes in their messages. They do it without second thought or remorse. Sugar daddies. Sneaking off for hotel meet ups while their sap husbands are toiling away and considered "unappreciative". That's 2017 and Susan Richards needs to change it up to be relevant. Maybe cheating Susan would be the shock her system has needed for quite some time to resonate with young women instead of just promoting another female hero as independent and can level up with her peers. We see that all the time. Kamala, Wonder Woman, Storm, Rogue, Carol, etc. Change it up. The female hero that cheated..it would turn the comic world upside down. Why? Because it's real and young women would end up saying "Yep. I understand."
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-28-2017 at 04:31 AM.