Default Why I Think Wonder Woman Is The Most Important Member Of The Justice League

I wrote an article on my publishing blog recently that I think Wonder Woman fans might enjoy. Between the success of her movie this year and the role she played in Justice League, it's hard to deny that this has been a banner year for Wonder Woman. I think her star has risen higher than it has in decades and given her iconic status, that's saying something. But in watching Wonder Woman ascend to new highs this year, it got me thinking about her place in the bigger picture, in terms of the superhero pantheon. In doing so, I came to one inescapable conclusion. Wonder Woman is the most important member of the Justice League.

I know Batman and Superman fans may disagree, but the more I look at it, the more I place her status in a special category. Batman and Superman certainly have their role, but I think it's Wonder Woman who embodies the true vision of the Justice League and DC's heroes, as a whole. She didn't enter this world out of obligation, duty, or conditioning. She chose to journey into what she knew to be a flawed world, one full of injustice and hate. She still embraced that world and does everything she can to make it better. She doesn't just use her fists and her power, either. In a sense, her greatest strength is her heart and her willingness to embrace others, even when they're full of hate. The last few issues of Greg Rucka's latest run nicely demonstrate that. She doesn't overthink what she does or why she does it. She lets her compassion and heart guide her, whether she's fighting parademons or helping victims of war atrocities. It's that compassion that makes her special, both as a character and as a heroic icon.

There's a whole lot more I can say about why I feel this way. If anyone is interested in the particulars of how I came to this conclusion, here's a link to the article.

I still imagine I'll get some arguments from Superman and Batman fans. Maybe even a few Wonder Woman fans disagree with me. But after the year she's had, I think Wonder Woman's importance in the larger DC universe is greater than it has ever been.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Read the blog, a great Summary of why you think Wonder Woman is a better Hero than Batman or Superman..... I just dont understand how it has anything to do with the Jutice League itself....
    Last edited by RudHao; 11-27-2017 at 06:21 AM.

What does Diana add to the JL? Why is she important despite how large and diverse it is