Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Rank the Batman Family Rebirth books for 2016

My favorite in order:

-'Tec
    -RHATO
    -Nightwing
    -Batman
    -All Star Batman
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Edit:
    Thanks to NightwingIvI

Nightwing
    Batman
    Superman #10 and 11
    Deathstroke #4and5
    All Star Batman
    Teen Titans
    Red hood
    Harley Quinn
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-31-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

All Star Batman
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    the rest
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Of the ones I've read fully:

1. Detective Comics
    2. Nightwing
    3. Batman
    4. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
    5. All-Star Batman
    6. Batgirl

Edit: If Mother Panic is included, it would take the second-place spot.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-30-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

RATHO
    Tec
    Mother Panic/Nigthwing

Rest.

Well I only read two soooo

- Red Hood
    - Nightwing

That is all.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I only read Nightwing and Batman, and I like them in that order.

-Nightwing (by a wide margin)
    -Trinity: (Love Manapul, but fell behind after issue 1.)
    -Batman: Rebirth (It was okay. Dropped to trade wait.)
    -Grayson (Fanastic series, but a forced conclusion this year to prep for Rebirth)
    -Batman: New 52 (Picked up the issues after Bruce returned. Wasn't wowed)
    -Detective Comics: Rebirth (I just don't like Tynion's writing)
    -Night of the Monster Men (Not a series on its own, but so bad it needs its own rank.)

Haven't Read But Want To:
    -Robin: Son of Batman (Gleason has been killing it with Tomasi on Superman)
    -All-Star Batman (First arc looked awful, but everything upcoming has me excited.)

Not Bat-Books but Deserve a Bat-Mention
    -Deathstroke: Rebirth (Batman was only in it for two issues, but it was enough to convince me that I want Priest on a Bat-Book. Some classic Batman and Robin storytelling.)
    -Superman: Rebirth (Yet again Batman was only in it for 2 issues, but they were both fantastic. Looking foward to Bruce acknowledging his son's existance in Supersons.)

If I could put these two on the list, they'd be right below Nightwing, which speaks pretty loudly about how I felt about the Snyder (I mean Bat) Office this year.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

At the moment,
    * Mother Panic and Gotham Academy: Second Semester would be pretty much tied for my favorite(s)
    * Batgirl
    * Batgirl & the Birds of Prey
    * Trinity

then I guess
    * Nightwing (though I might drop this soon)

I'm dropping King's Batman after next issue; dropped Detective Comics when Red Robin "died"/disappeared; and haven't even bothered with A-SB nor RH&tO nor Harley Quinn.

(Did I leave anything out?)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    -Nightwing (by a wide margin)
    -Trinity: (Love Manapul, but fell behind after issue 1.)
    -Batman: Rebirth (It was okay. Dropped to trade wait.)
    -Grayson (Fanastic series, but a forced conclusion this year to prep for Rebirth)
    -Batman: New 52 (Picked up the issues after Bruce returned. Wasn't wowed)
    -Detective Comics: Rebirth (I just don't like Tynion's writing)
    -Night of the Monster Men (Not a series on its own, but so bad it needs its own rank.)

Haven't Read But Want To:
    -Robin: Son of Batman (Gleason has been killing it with Tomasi on Superman)
    -All-Star Batman (First arc looked awful, but everything upcoming has me excited.)

Not Bat-Books but Deserve a Bat-Mention
    -Deathstroke: Rebirth (Batman was only in it for two issues, but it was enough to convince me that I want Priest on a Bat-Book. Some classic Batman and Robin storytelling.)
    -Superman: Rebirth (Yet again Batman was only in it for 2 issues, but they were both fantastic. Looking foward to Bruce acknowledging his son's existance in Supersons.)
    If I could put these two on the list, they'd be right below Nightwing, which speaks pretty loudly about how I felt about the Snyder (I mean Bat) Office this year.
    Now i want to update my post and include these.

BANNED

Nightwing-The least spectacular but also the least frustrating of the books so this one gets my top pick. Very satisfying for Dick Grayson fans.

Batman-Second arc was a bit of a failed experiment in writing, but not terrible and the first arc was pretty decent. I trust King in the future.

'Tec-Gets by on good character moments and dialogue, stories are a bit underwhelming. Lost some investment once Tim left the book, still a satisfying read.

All Star-A decent premise and lots of good ideas bogged down by plot holes and an underwhelming sidekick. Could've been improved by Dick, Damian, Tim or Steph in Duke's place.

Harley Quinn-Underwhelming but entertaining read, makes a good lighthearted cliffnote at the end of my Wednesday reading session.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

1. Tec - I really love what's happening in the book, as well as incredible art teams. It's not a deep, profound book, but it's pretty smart, and the characterization and group of characters are what I think the Batfamily needs.

2. Birds of Prey - what's that you say? It's Batgirl and the? Nup. I consider this the spiritual successor of the Birds of Prey I knew and loved all the way back in the mid 2000s. And I adore Roe's art - her Birds are very muscular!

3. Nightwing - an incredibly fun, breezy book, with the added plus of Marcus To in the second arc!

4. Batgirl - a big improvement in writing from the Fletcher/Stewart days, but the art is a bit of the same. Albuquerque got the book some class, but I think the next artist will be a big improvement.

5. Batman - I don't enjoy Finch's art very much, but Janin is great. King's writing something I'm not super interested in reading, but then, I generally am not interested in a Batman without most of his traditional (that is, 90s-early 2000s) family.

6. All-Star Batman - I really, really don't enjoy this one. Snyder is one of the most personable creators I've watched from the sidelines, but his work consistently underwhelms me in the endings.

Misc:

Deathstroke isn't a Batman book, but it's incredibly good on art and writing. And the Batman and Robin sections were really excellent. Give Priest a Bat book!

Superman, the sections with Bruce and Damian, was pretty solidly in the same kind of stuff that Tomasi and Gleason did for their Batman and Robin run. Very good, competent, but not something I'm really loving, except for Gleason's art.

Trinity - I love the art, but the story is not interesting to me at all, despite having very solid characterization.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Nightwing-The least spectacular but also the least frustrating of the books so this one gets my top pick. Very satisfying for Dick Grayson fans.

Batman-Second arc was a bit of a failed experiment in writing, but not terrible and the first arc was pretty decent. I trust King in the future.

'Tec-Gets by on good character moments and dialogue, stories are a bit underwhelming. Lost some investment once Tim left the book, still a satisfying read.

All Star-A decent premise and lots of good ideas bogged down by plot holes and an underwhelming sidekick. Could've been improved by Dick, Damian, Tim or Steph in Duke's place.

Harley Quinn-Underwhelming but entertaining read, makes a good lighthearted cliffnote at the end of my Wednesday reading session.
    Hey Atlanta, do you read RHATO? Do you like Jason?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nightwing (by a hair)
    Batman
    Mother Panic

Detective Comics
    All-Star Batman
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey

Trinity has been good, but I've stopped following it
    Batgirl, I've dropped, due to lack of interest in the story, though it's not bad.
    Gotham Academy, I've had trouble staying interested with the new semester despite loving the previous run
    Red Hood and the Outlaws was an easy drop a few issues in

Deathstroke and Superman would be at the top, though not necessarily for their Bat-related issues
    Last edited by joybeans; 12-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hey Atlanta, do you read RHATO? Do you like Jason?
    I like Jason, but I'm never picking up a Scott Lobdell comic ever again. My feelings towards him are...cynical.