Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So the Year One suit is back, with the dreaded bat trunks and everything. I’m assuming that means Year One is back to being the origin again.
    Boat
    Street
    Boat
    Street
    Duck Season
    Rabbit season

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Except that would require this issue to be canon.
    How do we know it is'nt? I think it's ambiguous enough, and certain omissions from the bedside gathering can lead to interesting stories to explain that.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-29-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

How do we know it is'nt? I think it's ambiguous enough, and certain omissions from the bedside gathering can lead to interesting stories to explain that.
    I figured that considering no JL reps are there that they are on a mission, and considering Cass and Damian aren't there as well, then they are in the JL on same mission. Would be interesting to see their perspective getting the news while in the middle of dealing with a threat and unable to come home.

So the Year One suit is back, with the dreaded bat trunks and everything. I’m assuming that means Year One is back to being the origin again.
    So, does that mean Snyder's Zero Year is no longer a part of Bats' back story?
    Wouldn't that mean Duke doesn't exist?

Or is this just another case of DC's "loose continuity" where they won't say what is and what isn't "canon" any more, figuring that way they're less likely to offend fans of either story?

(Or it could also be nobody is bothering to actually "edit" King's writing?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (Or it could also be nobody is bothering to actually "edit" King's writing?)
    Considering what happened with Mark Doyle, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

Extraordinary Member

Except that would require this issue to be canon.
    I'm pretty sure it is. Isn't everything that's published as part of the main Batman title, even its annuals, considered canon? If this is supposed to be the "first date" of Bat/Cat, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered canon.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure it is. Isn't everything that's published as part of the main Batman title, even its annuals, considered canon?
    It's canon in the sense that it's a potential future timeline. Not like Rebirth is a stranger to those or anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, does that mean Snyder's Zero Year is no longer a part of Bats' back story?
    Wouldn't that mean Duke doesn't exist?
    He could just be retconned as having appeared some other way. Or Zero Year could be retconned as just not being Batman's origin, but still one of his adventures. Duke was already problematic because, since Superman Reborn stretched the timeline back out to like 15-20 years or so, Duke would have had to have been like only like two years old at the time of Batman's origin for his existence to make sense.

Extraordinary Member

It's canon in the sense that it's a potential future timeline. Not like Rebirth is a stranger to those or anything.
    The scenes where the YO suit show up take place in the past. The prelude says "Near the Beginning" as in the beginning of his career as Batman.

BANNED

They've kind of overdid it with those this year. Also, the Aquaman annual has a flash-forward/potential future storyline too, though the writer is not Dan Abnett. Supes, Diana and Hal show up in that, with Supes saying Bruce couldn't make it. I wonder if the stories are connected? With Bruce not making it because he was ill?

BANNED

The scenes where the YO suit show up take place in the past. The prelude says "Near the Beginning" as in the beginning of his career as Batman.
    That would mean that this story retcons a retcon in the main continuity, only to diverge into its own alternate timeline.

Sorry, I want Year One and the trunks back too, but I'm not buying it.

wait, someone asked me, that blond girl is Steph or Gotham Girl?

Extraordinary Member

That would mean that this story retcons a retcon in the main continuity, only to diverge into its own alternate timeline.

Sorry, I want Year One and the trunks back too, but I'm not buying it.
    I don’t really see where you’re going with the first sentence. It would just be retconning Zero Year away.

I mean, yeah the scenes where they’re old are obviously a possible future, but in a main continuity book, what’s said as taking place in the past obviously means it’s part of mainstream continuity. I’d get your point if this was like Batman: White Knight which is clearly non canon, but it’s the main Batman title. Plus, ZY doesn’t make sense in the mainstream continuity post-Superman Reborn anyway.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-29-2017 at 09:55 AM.

wait, someone asked me, that blond girl is Steph or Gotham Girl?
    Is Steph purple/eggplant/violet/whatever float your boat as long as is purpleish, is her thing

I don’t really see where you’re going with the first sentence. It would just be retconning Zero Year away.

I mean, yeah the scenes where they’re old are obviously a possible future, but in a main continuity book, what’s said as taking place in the past obviously means it’s part of mainstream continuity. I’d get your point if this was like Batman: White Knight which is clearly non canon, but it’s the main Batman title. Plus, ZY doesn’t make sense in the mainstream continuity post-Superman Reborn anyway.
    ZY impacted a few things that are still around. ZY and YO can both have happened.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    ZY impacted a few things that are still around. ZY and YO can both have happened.
    Yeah, ZY could just not be the origin anymore and have taken place later in the timeline because if it was still the origin, Duke would have to be like almost 30 at this point.