Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yes. They were there, we just couldn't see them.
    In other words, wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Everyone who people think should have been there were on the other side of the room that was out of view.
    Was Bat-Mite over there, too?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was Bat-Mite over there, too?
    Ya, sure. Why not.

This was a sweet issue, well, a bittersweet one.

So I'm guessing that he passes away from Alzheimer's Disease. I say that because of the scene where she repeats the story for him while they are walking in the park AND how she reminded him to turn off the light, but he forgot. It would make sense because the strongest weapon Bruce has is his mind.

I also took it as Alzeihemer, but I’ve seen some people say it was cancer.
    Great issue, it went to parts I didn’t imagine it would. As always, King surprises me. And the art.. outstanding. Weeks is getting a lot of praise, which he more than deserves, but Lark did an amazing job too, and both colorists knocked it out of the park
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Great issue, it went to parts I didn’t imagine it would. As always, King surprises me. And the art.. outstanding. Weeks is getting a lot of praise, which he more than deserves, but Lark did an amazing job too, and both colorists knocked it out of the park
    Yeah I loved Lark's art. I mean, its interesting how people are praising the second part but the second part was drawn by Lark, LOL!

Nothing gave me the impression that it was cancer. The way he kept forgetting things, to me, and the way she jumped in and reminded him of the story, he keeps repeating that same story. Sounds like Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yeah I loved Lark's art. I mean, its interesting how people are praising the second part but the second part was drawn by Lark, LOL!

Nothing gave me the impression that it was cancer. The way he kept forgetting things, to me, and the way she jumped in and reminded him of the story, he keeps repeating that same story. Sounds like Alzheimer's.
    It took me a while to remember where I read it (I even thought I may have dream it haha), but it was from an article in Bleeding Cool, saying it was cancer (well, it was stated as the C-word and that it was affecting Bruce's lungs), but yeah, cancer didn't even cross my mind
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Spectacular Member

He had that coughing fit and chest pain (?), and getting the results of a test back from a doctor with what I assume was a non-curable prognosis and a short life expectancy does seem to fit some kind of cancer. And having the family available to be around for last rites feels like a very rapid decline (like what would come with a major organ failure).

He seemed a little forgetful, but I just took that as a bit absent mindedness/tiredness and retelling the story just habit and trying to feel normal after very upsetting news. Reading about the final stages of Alzheimer's seems to go way beyond forgetfulness and absentmindedness and he didn't show signs of that. He was moving on his own, he seemed a little forgetful but not confused, he was able to talk coherently etc.

So they do end up having Helena, who takes up the mantle down the road. Makes me want to see Damian as an older brother all the more. And also...

MuGvvrN.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think its safe to say there are arguements for either to have been the case. All we know for sure is that his time was almost up. (Given the Helena/Batwowan cameo, they leave the door open for this time period to be visited again and maybe some other writer will put his or her spin on the events that were touched upon.) It was so beautiful and so sad. I don't think the ending could have been more perfect. (purrfect?)

So again, all 4 of the boys were there right? I mean, Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian and then I also saw Duke.

Is that correct? I mean, they won't look as "fresh" as they would now so there would be changes in the face but I'm assuming they were all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    I think its safe to say there are arguements for either to have been the case. All we know for sure is that his time was almost up. (Given the Helena/Batwowan cameo, they leave the door open for this time period to be visited again and maybe some other writer will put his or her spin on the events that were touched upon.) It was so beautiful and so sad. I don't think the ending could have been more perfect. (purrfect?)
    It's interesting too because Bruce keeps himself so healthy so it would be strange for him to eventually get Cancer. He most likely eats well.

But perhaps the environmental factors played a role. All the chemicals and different gases and various toxins he has been exposed to over the years, perhaps that had an effect

It's interesting too because Bruce keeps himself so healthy so it would be strange for him to eventually get Cancer. He most likely eats well.

But perhaps the environmental factors played a role. All the chemicals and different gases and various toxins he has been exposed to over the years, perhaps that had an effect
    Could be genetics or other causes (like the chemicals he's had go through his system over the years). Some very healthy people will come down with cancer inexplicably.

Maybe he got MacGregor’s Syndrome