Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Edited post
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-04-2017 at 12:55 PM.

King has confirmed who is in the group shot. From left to right:

Jason, Helena, Barbara, Dick, Carrie, Duke, Damian (with the crew cut), Steph, and Tim.

He said that Cass is missing for a reason.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

He also said that while it's a sad issue, he gave Batman his ideal death - surrounded by people he loves and who love him. That, for all the tears I shed while reading it, was a really happy thing for me. Batman dies, like all men do (and screw Snyder's cloned Batmen), but he doesn't die alone. He's finally not the child in Crime Alley, left alone - he's surrounded by his wife and children.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He also said that while it's a sad issue, he gave Batman his ideal death - surrounded by people he loves and who love him. That, for all the tears I shed while reading it, was a really happy thing for me. Batman dies, like all men do (and screw Snyder's cloned Batmen), but he doesn't die alone. He's finally not the child in Crime Alley, left alone - he's surrounded by his wife and children.
    Yes it was a "great death". I mean, at the end of the day, sometimes you do end up with only your family by your side. I know so many people think "oh well this friend will be there and that friend will be there". Perhaps that's true for the Funeral. Like I can see all the living JL members and allies at his funeral.

But at your side on your deathbed, that is usually just family.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    King has confirmed who is in the group shot. From left to right:

Jason, Helena, Barbara, Dick, Carrie, Duke, Damian (with the crew cut), Steph, and Tim.

He said that Cass is missing for a reason.
    Where did he say that?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Where did he say that?
    https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/H6yvTDWN0

Around the 41 minute mark.

Also, it's a really fun podcast about all of Tom King's projects - definitely recommended!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

[QUOTE=WontonGirl;3282924]

He said that Cass is missing for a reason [QUOTE]

Tom King is very funny.

I would to love hear that reason.

[QUOTE=dietrich;3284255][QUOTE=WontonGirl;3282924]

He said that Cass is missing for a reason

Tom King is very funny.

I would to love hear that reason.
    Yeah, so far he hasn't said the reason. But I want to know too!

The Annual is doing extremely well sales-wise. And it's getting a lot of love from YouTube as well.

Bendis also recommended the Annual on Twitter and Tom King's new Editor, Jamie S. Rich, talked about it extensively and talked about how it was received with some staff at DC

One more thing, people are going in about that buzz cut that Damian has, LOL! I think the Podcasters were thinking that the guy in the long black coat on the end was Damian and the buzz cut guy was Tim. But King was like "yeah, that's what I have in my notes", Then King was like "he's undercover" when he was trying to explain away the art for Damian's look, lol!

BANNED

I listened to some of the Podcast, I think the important stuff was:

Confirmation of people in the group shot
    Helena was Batwoman
    Cass is missing for a reason
    38 will be a detective story featuring a new villain
    39 will introduce a new hero
    41-43 will about a new Ivy arc by Janin
    He's writing a 5 page Superman story which he cant talk about
    He likes Reeves Superman
    No other villain will get the Kite-Man treatment but Doctor Double X is coming

Anything else? was there anything else about the Robins? when the marriage is likely to happen? will Bane return?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post

Helena was Batwoman
    He likes Reeves Superman

Anything else? was there anything else about the Robins? when the marriage is likely to happen? will Bane return?
    I think you pretty much got the jist of it. Of course he spent a lot of time talking about Bruce and Selina BUT he didn't not mentioned anything for past Issue #43. But he already knows what he is doing to Issue #50 so he can't spill everything.

It's funny because he did mentioned how Gordon was present in the I Am Bane arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post

Helena was Batwoman
    He likes Reeves Superman

He said that Talia wasn't fighting just testing her. Talia wasn't fighting for Bruce's heart.

That he wrote her calling him Detective instead of Beloved because that bridge has been burnt after what she did To Damian. She knew that they were done as a couple at that point. They even recall a line from Inc where Talia says before the arc that "For what I am about do Beloved will never forgive me" .

He won't confirm if the annual is canon but it is this Earth.

He also says that while the couple are dating and are planning to marry he can't see Bruce Wayne marring Selina but he can see Batman marring Catwoman [explains the BatCat thing]

I'm glad he confirmed Talia wasn't all out fighting because that was some serious nerfing.
    The explanation of it's their personas makes the Bat-cat Instead of their real names less understandable.

He also mentions his award

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He said that Talia wasn't fighting just testing her. Talia wasn't fighting for Bruce's heart.

That he wrote her calling him Detective instead of Beloved because that bridge has been burnt after what she did To Damian. She knew that they were done as a couple at that point. They even recall a line from Inc where Talia says before the arc that "For what I am about do Beloved will never forgive me" .

He also says that while the couple are dating and are planning to marry he can't see Bruce Wayne marring Selina but he can see Batman marring Catwoman [explains the BatCat thing]

I'm glad he confirmed Talia wasn't all out fighting because that was some serious nerfing.
    The explanation of it's their personas makes the Bat-cat Instead of their real names less understandable.

That's all interesting to read. Him saying bruce wayne wouldn't marry selina makes me question a lot of things about the future of this run...

Also another new hero is coming? We hardly have even gotten any development with Duke and Gotham Girl to get yet another bat family member.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

But it makes sense because Batman would sacrifice "Bruce Wayne" if people found out that Bruce was Batman. I mean, we have seen over and over how Bruce has been killed or fake funerals, etc. Because at the end of the day, Bruce is going to be Batman.

So IF Selina is by his side as the Catwoman, then yes, she can still be by his side. Especially if she becomes a night vigilante herself.

It will work itself out.

That new hero better be Helena Wayne from an alternate Earth (just like the one in n52) and she better be Damian’s little sister