Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The Annual is doing extremely well sales-wise. And it's getting a lot of love from YouTube as well.

Bendis also recommended the Annual on Twitter and Tom King's new Editor, Jamie S. Rich, talked about it extensively and talked about how it was received with some staff at DC

One more thing, people are going in about that buzz cut that Damian has, LOL! I think the Podcasters were thinking that the guy in the long black coat on the end was Damian and the buzz cut guy was Tim. But King was like "yeah, that's what I have in my notes", Then King was like "he's undercover" when he was trying to explain away the art for Damian's look, lol!
    Yeah I liked that undercover gag

King has to check his notes to see who is in that scene!
    His Batman's end. The emotional climax of the issue and he has to check his notes to who's in the scene that he wrote.

Madness

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That's all interesting to read. Him saying bruce wayne wouldn't marry selina makes me question a lot of things about the future of this run...

Also another new hero is coming? We hardly have even gotten any development with Duke and Gotham Girl to get yet another bat family member.
    He didn't exactly say "Bruce wouldn't marry Selina". Bruce and Selina are engaged. I think he was he was saying how it's going to be a little tricky because it's people know the Catwoman is Selina Kyle and it's going to present a tricky situation.

King already has this planned out. In other interviews, podcasts and on Twitter; he already mentioned how yes it will be tricky BUT it will be worked out. He already knows what he is doing in his next big issue of 50 and 75.

He is not doing a "bait and switch", the future that was presented in the Annual is the future he wants and is "possible" canon wise. The story is in how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah I liked that undercover gag

King has to check his notes to see who is in that scene!
    His Batman's end. The emotional climax of the issue and he has to check his notes to who's in the scene that he wrote.

Madness
    Did you know that King is ex-CIA?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    That new hero better be Helena Wayne from an alternate Earth (just like the one in n52) and she better be Damian’s little sister
    As cool as that'd be, I hope we also get a canon Helena Wayne that can literally be Damian's little sister haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    That new hero better be Helena Wayne from an alternate Earth (just like the one in n52) and she better be Damian’s little sister
    What if it's the other Helena? Slam's Daughter

Jokes aside I do hope we get Helena Wayne back

So, is Helena Wayne (a version of her) now officially canon or not? I'm rather confused if this story takes place in the future of the main universe or of another universe.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, is Helena Wayne (a version of her) now officially canon or not? I'm rather confused if this story takes place in the future of the main universe or of another universe.
    It takes place in MAIN continuity.

The last part is a "flash forward". IF DC comics gets the ball rolling for it to happen then his version of how things ends can be canon.

Oh I can't believe I forgot this.

He did mentioned how you will see Selina interacting more with the Batfam. So they are coming. That would includes of course the Robins.

And he talked a lot about his wife and mentioned some differences and similarities between his wife and Selina.

Oh I can't believe I forgot this.

He did mentioned how you will see Selina interacting more with the Batfam. So they are coming. That would includes of course the Robins.

And he talked a lot about his wife and mentioned some differences and similarities between his wife and Selina.
    That's really interesting, thanks for the info! King was definitely serious about her becoming a main character. Doesn't even look like we will have a issue without Selena anytime soon(well I guess there is that detective fill in issue coming..)...and she may also not appear in the wonder woman story...ok nevermind then.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That's really interesting, thanks for the info! King was definitely serious about her becoming a main character. Doesn't even look like we will have a issue without Selena anytime soon(well I guess there is that detective fill in issue coming..)...and she may also not appear in the wonder woman story...ok nevermind then.
    He also acknowledges that some people might not like his run (he started laughing) and he also said that he knows there have been some bumps in the road and that he is trying to get better and hopes people stay on.

He also talked about that 2 issue a month schedule and how that is hard on the artists. He said that DC was only going to do that for a year but then things were going great with sales so DC decided to stay on that schedule for their titles.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-04-2017 at 11:12 PM.

I wonder if we will be seeing Selina interact more with the Batfamly in Batman, or in their books.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I wonder if we will be seeing Selina interact more with the Batfamly in Batman, or in their books.
    hopefully both! Would love to see Selina make even more apperances.

Did you know that King is ex-CIA?
    Yeah and i would love to find out more about that. I don't think he was a spy or anything like that but I'm still curious. I mean the dinner ladies working in the CIA canteen technically are ex-CIA.

I want to know if that's where Grayson and the 007 themes come from.
    If he was a a Spy was Garyson him or his Power Fantasy?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah and i would love to find out more about [Tom's CIA days].
    Really don't get your hopes up on that. He's probably said most of what he will publicly say on that part of his life.

He said in some interview that he can't talk about stuff and I think even said he wouldn't if he could (because this stuff is too important/sensitive).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-05-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Really don't get your hopes up on that. He's probably said most of what he will publicly say on that part of his life.

He said in some interview that he can't talk about stuff and I think even said he wouldn't if he could (because this stuff is too important).
    So he was in the CIA but I can't talk about it. Got it King is a hype man.