Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I don't follow Batman comics, but I'm not against picking one once in a while. So I got that Annual after glimpsing through the first pages and being more than pleased by the gorgeous art and colouring.

It's a wonderful comic book : the writing is amazing, the art perfectly fitting the story told. It was funny... And so emotional.

I absolutely loved it. One of the best standalone issues I have read in years. Wow.

All of the yes. Like, all of it. Honestly, after such an issue, I can't see how or why D.C. would break a Selina-Bruce couple in the future. i think it was a perfect evolution for their relationship, from beginning to end. It was touching, highlighted the flaws and tears in those character's souls and how they complete each others... Honestly, before Tom King I wasn't too much of a BatCat couple, his usual issue made me like the idea, but this annual is just purrfect (pardon the pun). Special mention to Helena, most of the Batfamily (I'm still not sure that everyone was here, sadly). A great issue, truly.

Wasn't expecting an illustrated shoddy FEELS-y fanfic for annual. So cringe at cheap drama and hand waving considering all the ways vast DC universe offers to deal with health conditions. And only ways I'd believe Clark and Diana wouldn't be there besides Bruce's deathbed is if things went bad future again or if non-Bat DC verse didn't exist at all. But Zatanna and Barry were name dropped, so... Can't believe DC pays to have this **** to be published without openly elseworld-ing.

But on one hand HELENAAAAAA. On the other hand it wouldn't be my Helena and also Cass where Cass and I'm not even sure all the Robins were accounted for. And why would they even kep their distance so. Come to think oof it, it's pretty indicative of King's Bat-verse. Batcat around every corner while decades of bonding and family gets shoved into the background as fanservicey cameos, that is, if they're acknowledged at all. I'd expect at least Helena to be holding Bruce's other hand since it wouldn't distract from King's OMGWTFBBW-MY-OTP-ALONE-MATTERS mindset as both their kid. Honestly, this annual just went to summarize everything that's wrong about King's Batman. For over two decades I shipped it and he's the only writer who came close to completely turning me off of BatCat through sheer mush and overexposure.

I have already said before that King is much better at writing one shots than on-goings and the annual proved me right.

I really like the issue though at some point seems like Catwoman and Batman probably had a divorce or separation. When she was talking to her daughter she mentioned that at one point "she was" before she corrected herself so we should expect that in the future

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I have already said before that King is much better at writing one shots than on-goings and the annual proved me right.
    Imo especially one shots that aren't really in continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    King didn't forget Helena. We can die in peace...but if she's now Batwoman, what of Kate?
    It's pretty bizarre that she's wearing Kate's suit. It's one thing for her to be "Batwoman" rather than Huntress (especially with another Huntress in the past), but you'd think she'd take after her dad while being so, rather than her aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    King didn't forget Helena. We can die in peace...but if she's now Batwoman, what of Kate?
    I'm guessing Kate, like Bruce just got too old for the role and stepped down. Or considering she wasnt in the final family image, she may be dead by time Bruce dies. (Then again that family panel is a weird amalgamation of members so who knows.)

Helena's Batwoman costume did look pretty cool though, the art for this annual was quite nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I really like the issue though at some point seems like Catwoman and Batman probably had a divorce or separation. When she was talking to her daughter she mentioned that at one point "she was" before she corrected herself so we should expect that in the future
    Divorced/Seperated but remarried/reconciled again does sound a lot like a "cake and eat" compromise for people who want the marriage to happen but for others to have a break from it eventually too.

Alternatively, Selina could have said it in a "I'm aware your father is going to die soon, so I'm just addressing our relationship in the past tense" way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It's pretty bizarre that she's wearing Kate's suit. It's one thing for her to be "Batwoman" rather than Huntress (especially with another Huntress in the past), but you'd think she'd take after her dad while being so, rather than her aunt.
    Not bizarre at all. Bruce's other daughter obviously took the "Batman" suit.

Speaking of whom...

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    What, this comic is in the 2nd printing? Elmer Fudd... I remember this character of Buggs Bunny....

One friend showed me this image of the annual 2(he knows that I am Steph fan)... I like to see that she can be in Bruce Wayne last moments with the batfamily..

Attachment 58438

Even Duke and... Carrie?... Who is that blonde man, Azrael?

and the man to the left to Steph, is Tim(even if King never used him here) or Damian? I donīt like the idea of use characters like Duke or Carrie here in the last bruce moments, but no Damian.. Fortunatelly I leave King long time ago..
    Is that a f**king white-washed Cass standing behind Jason?

This was an awesome issue.

I think Tim might be the one with the wierd blonde hair. I think its supposed to look more white maybe.

I think that she is Helena.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think it's Helena. But then, it would meant that of all of Bruce's children, Cass and Damian would be missing. I think the blond man in the back is Jean-Paul, the white-haired guy holding Barbara is Dick, the one with the red shirt is Jason and the one all in black is Tim; the younger redhead is probably Kelly (I've a doubt on her name suddenly)...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it's Helena. But then, it would meant that of all of Bruce's children, Cass and Damian would be missing. I think the blond man in the back is Jean-Paul, the white-haired guy holding Barbara is Dick, the one with the red shirt is Jason and the one all in black is Tim; the younger redhead is probably Kelly (I've a doubt on her name suddenly)...
    Cass and Damian huh? AKA the fanbase that continuously complains about her exclusion from Family scenes in King's run and the fanbase that has been annoyed from day one that Damian isn't in the run more? I really hope this isn't more of King's BS of writing in reaction to the internet.

Still, the fact that Cass isn't the ONLY one missing and that this is very clearly non-canon (Carrie being here makes that pretty clear as if it wasn't already) does ease my frustration somewhat.

BANNED

I like the inclusion of Carrie (if that is her)...makes me think this is a reality where DKR still occurred only Bruce was married.

Come to think of it, that would provide a good explanation as to why Clark is'nt there.