Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is Steph purple/eggplant/violet/whatever float your boat as long as is purpleish, is her thing
    I interpreted it as Steph as I feel that there is a good chance Gotham Girl may be dead by this time due to her powers shortening her lifespan.

This was good. Best annual ive read in a while.

Extraordinary Member

So dickbabs is endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So dickbabs is endgame
    Not only that, but they have a kid who looks like Carrie Kelly....that poor girl

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Great issue. Amazing. Oddly, Lee Weeks kinda reminds me of Klaus Janson's style some and I love Klaus Janson, but google tells me Lee and Klaus have worked together before, so maybe that's why that is.

But I really only have one question: What is its purpose here and now in King's run?

As IGN put it (but puts it too harshly):
    The impact of this story is diminished somewhat by its uncertain nature. Is King simply providing a hypothetical look at what might be, or is he building on the ominous hints sprinkled earlier in the series? That vagueness is unfortunate, but that doesn't stop the epilogue from wrapping this issue on a fitting emotional note.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-29-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

But I really only have one question: What is its purpose here and now in King's run?
    All good things comes to an end?.

All good things comes to an end?
    That might be the story's meaning or theme (or a big part of it), but that may or may not explain the purpose of this issue here in King's run. Maybe it has no particular purpose but to be a story about such themes. But maybe not, maybe it portends some coming event or events in this run. But if so, what?

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Well, he said that Batman would die in his first arc and a he is a BatCat shipper that consider then the big angsty couple of the DC universe, so is a probably a future tragedy?

BANNED

Well, he said that Batman would die in his first arc and a he is a BatCat shipper that consider then the big angsty couple of the DC universe, so is a probably a future tragedy?
    It's King. I've been wondering why anyone thinks this story could have a happy ending for awhile.

I guest that millernumber1 description of King's Batman as "Everything is Pain!!!!!!!!" is not innacurate.

I wonder if Bruce getting engaged will be treated as this thing that metaphorically means Batman must "die" soon. Like it triggered this countdown clock to his coming (temporary) doom.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I wonder if Bruce getting engaged will be treated as this thing that metaphorically means Batman must "die" soon. Like it triggered this countdown clock to his coming (temporary) doom.
    I really hope not. Just let Batman be happily married. Is that too much to ask!? They're finally allowing that for Superman!

Like...he even has a woman who understands that his angst will always come first! Things can't get any more perfect for him Dx

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So dickbabs is endgame
    They've been endgame since Convergence, it's just they don't remember being endgame

They've been endgame since Convergence, it's just they don't remember being endgame
    Since the late 90s actually.

DickBabs will never be endgame because the core of Their relationship highlights the conflict between the Bat Office and Titans Office. Bruce-Selina is essentially begging of time stuff while Tom King favors DickBabs. His relationship with the Titans/Kori have gone through numerous attacks from Bat office to create separation and even though New 52 gave them the opportunity to make a clean break and now the Titans are back and the TV show will feature Kori. Honestly I don’t see Dick being very attached to Gotham in the end. To me he ends up close but with his own separate family.