Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    DickBabs will never be endgame.
    Soon as they remember they're married, I got news for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Since the late 90s actually.
    I know that, but they married in Convergence was what I meant. They are endgame currently, they just aren't aware of it.

Same with KoryDick in the NTT mini.

Do you know how many futures have been shown and this one annual is supposed to be the one? For some people TDKR is the ending for everything, other BB. King Ships DickXbabs but is writing Batman for 100 issues not Nightwing. I don’t see a marriage

*I don’t see a marriage
    I still think that hell would freeze before something like that happen to any bat characther.

DickBabs has great romantic chemistry, passion and physical attraction but when allowed to last, it turns out they're horribly incompatible as people and partners, one being high functional and imperious and the other being disorganized and too free spirited. It wouldn't take them a week before Babs strangled Dick or Dick ran off if they were to actually share a house. But I don't think they would ever get over each other either with all the flames of passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I really hope not. Just let Batman be happily married. Is that too much to ask!? They're finally allowing that for Superman!

Like...he even has a woman who understands that his angst will always come first! Things can't get any more perfect for him Dx
    Some people are adamantly opposed to any DC character getting married. Particularly Batman himself. Something about his war on crime coming first. Even though Selina has accepted that.

Others want him with Talia (is the date rape thing still a thing? especially with Rebirth?) over Selina.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Same with KoryDick in the NTT mini.
    Even if the thing with KoryDick wasn't around, the events of Convergence are NEVER gonna be added to the Nu52/Rebirth canon.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I guest that millernumber1 description of King's Batman as "Everything is Pain!!!!!!!!" is not innacurate.
    Wow, it's been so long I forgot I said that.

But I think it's still true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Even if the thing with KoryDick wasn't around, the events of Convergence are NEVER gonna be added to the Nu52/Rebirth canon.
    Except for Superman, Lois Lane, Jon Kent, and meeting Bruce's father. Though with Reborn, not sure how much they still remember that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except for Superman, Lois Lane, Jon Kent, and meeting Bruce's father. Though with Reborn, not sure how much they still remember that.
    Yeah, keep in mind pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark attended Dick and Bab's wedding in Convergence. The events of Superman Reborn have been said to have made the Kent's memories of their prior existence hazy however.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, keep in mind pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark attended Dick and Bab's wedding in Convergence. The events of Superman Reborn have been said to have made the Kent's memories of their prior existence hazy however.
    Again, Kory and Dick got together in the NTT mini too.

Also, even IF DC decided they wanted Dick and Babs married or at least on the path there, they wouldn't open the box of continuity issues that would arise, since DC has already made it clear they're not bringing back the old history. Just look at Tim. He got his old origin back. Bully for him, but he sure as Hell doesn't have his full history back, nor do we even have a vague idea of his history, because DC can't do that because of how they changed other characters. Now would it be interesting and open up a TON of interesting stories if the BatClan got memories of the Pre-FP universe along with the ones they have now? Yes, and they'd probably be much better than what we're getting now. Is there a chance DC will do that? Not in Hell.

I'm with Assam. You can't count on anything from Convergence. Really the last vestiges of that in a canon template was the pre-FP Kents, and they were wiped out with the Reborn merger. That folded Jon into real continuity. He's not the same Jon that was born in Convergence. Because his parents aren't the same. This is on a technical level, yes, as on a practical level absolutely nothing is different about pre-Reborn Jon and post-Reborn Jon from a characterization POV. There are however differences in memories and history, despite being downplayed, which make the clear distinction. So Superman, Lois, and Jon can't be used anymore to give weight to Convergence. If it happened in Convergence, one is going to have a very tough time making the argument that its canon. Across the board.

That said of course I have no problem with the idea of Dick and Babs being touted as an endgame in this story. That's more than fine by me. Just saying Convergence is useless in regards to using that as extra support. Nothing in Convergence counts. This, however, very well could and probably is designed in such a way like all other future tales: its possible. Its definitive if the reader wants it to be.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-29-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well...this was definitely a Tom King Batman/Catwoman annual. If you enjoy his take on Bruce and Selina, their relationship, and how they bounce off each other, you'll probably enjoy the issue. Me, I'm 50/50 (and I'm a total BatCat shipper).

Although, personally, the real treat was Lee Weeks' art. If anything was able to capture tone and style of Batman, but as a romance, it was him. This was just a really stunning and beautiful issue, visually .

I was a little bummed that that this issue only chronicled their "first date" or "first kiss" up to a Green Lantern #20-style future vision of their last days together and last kiss, rather then going through the "greatest hits" of their relationship, it's ups and downs and whatnot, up this point that I was expecting. I guess that was what it was advertised as being, but I was hoping for more.

I was also a little surprised that their "first date" didn't end with Batman cuffing Catwoman, but I guess that would've ruined the mood. Not that it's stopped Batman in the past, but King's Batman is more of a romantic .

Helena Wayne as Batwoman was neat .

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well...this was definitely a Tom King Batman/Catwoman annual. If you enjoy his take on Bruce and Selina, their relationship, and how they bounce off each other, you'll probably enjoy the issue. Me, I'm 50/50 (and I'm a total BatCat shipper).
    Like some, I think he fumbles at times with his take on Bat/Cat, but actually this issue I found to be very best presentation of his take on them. He might have fully cemented me on his take with this issue where before I wasn't sure how much I liked his take.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    DickBabs will never be endgame because the core of Their relationship highlights the conflict between the Bat Office and Titans Office. Bruce-Selina is essentially begging of time stuff while Tom King favors DickBabs. His relationship with the Titans/Kori have gone through numerous attacks from Bat office to create separation and even though New 52 gave them the opportunity to make a clean break and now the Titans are back and the TV show will feature Kori. Honestly I don’t see Dick being very attached to Gotham in the end. To me he ends up close but with his own separate family.
    Dick will never be free form Gotham or batgirl