Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Ronan The Accuser Vs Martian Manhunter

Ronan vs New 52 J'onn
    No BFR and No TP
    Who Wins?

DC speedblitz. Unless Ronan has some new feats im unaware of.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DC speedblitz. Unless Ronan has some new feats im unaware of.
    Actually, I don't think Nu J'onn has (had? Rebirth J'onn now?) the speed feats anymore. But his strength and raw power seemed to get upped to the point he could fight the whole JLA and help Superman shove things bigger than the Earth around, which is out of Ronan's paygrade. Ronan has some sweet versatility to fall back on, but J'onn's control of his own molecular structure makes me think transmutation won't being winning the day and he can also shut down Ronan's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Actually, I don't think Nu J'onn has (had? Rebirth J'onn now?) the speed feats anymore. But his strength and raw power seemed to get upped to the point he could fight the whole JLA and help Superman shove things bigger than the Earth around, which is out of Ronan's paygrade. Ronan has some sweet versatility to fall back on, but J'onn's control of his own molecular structure makes me think transmutation won't being winning the day and he can also shut down Ronan's head.
    As is typical with ColonelGM threads TP is disabled. >_>

And curses! My lack of Nu/rebirth knowledge weakness raises its ugly head once again
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is New 52 J'onn the version who transmuted Superman into a table or was that an older version? Either way I'm gonna go MM on this one because of his transmuting abilities and I think he's way stronger than Ronan
    "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child."-Thanos GotG

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    Is New 52 J'onn the version who transmuted Superman into a table or was that an older version? Either way I'm gonna go MM on this one because of his transmuting abilities and I think he's way stronger than Ronan
    That was post crisis J'onn, during his Fernus the Burning phase.

Does nu Jonn have feats for transmutation resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    That wasn't transmutation. He phased Superman into a table and made him solid again

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Does nu Jonn have feats for transmutation resistance?
    I'm not sure specifically, but the whole thing with Martians is they have complete control of their molecular structure with all the phasing and shape shifting. I know that's let Post Crisis J'onn shrug transmutation off before, but it's also worked for New Gods and other characters who have that power. So I find it pretty unlikely Ronan can do it, unless he's got feats for doing it to Heralds or something crazy like that.

I still think when it comes to new 52 that mm fighting the whole JL is wildly inconsistent (non feat (since we didnt see but a 1 panel) with every other showing he's ever had since besides his equally non sensicaL showing of holding up branics ship with superman. IMO MM is closer to NU Aquaman in strength than Supermqn looking at stormwatch and jla.
    Ronan shoukd destroy him barring TP.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 11-28-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That was post crisis J'onn, during his Fernus the Burning phase.
    Oh god.

I just realised...

Fernus.

Furnace.

Furnace the Burning.

Fuck me, comics are stupid but I am apparently dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh god.

I just realised...

Fernus.

Furnace.

Furnace the Burning.

Fuck me, comics are stupid but I am apparently dumber.
    Yeah, but wait till you read about the Amazing Adventures of A'yr Kun Dyshyn'rr

There there Nik.... I'm sure lots of people didn't get it at first...

*Snickers behind your back*
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hey, hey, hey... I know this is a moment where the rest of you get to see that even gods bleed but don't think it'll ever happen again!

I am the best and smartest there ever was ever on this or any other nerd fight board despite this evidence to the contrary!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hey, hey, hey... I know this is a moment where the rest of you get to see that even gods bleed but don't think it'll ever happen again!

I am the best and smartest there ever was ever on this or any other nerd fight board despite this evidence to the contrary!
    I'll say it again, the board needs a like button.