All-New Member

Default Best DC Rebirth Titles for a new commer

Hello guys,

I'm huge fan of DC comics, but I've never had a comic myself. i live in Bulgaria, and here it's pretty damn hard to get some comics. So I will purchase through Amazon only Collected volumes(best way for low shipping costs).
    I've watched most DC movies, and read a lot in Wikipedia for the backstories of most characters. So I am not completely new in the universe. But still never read an comic.

That being said, I was wondering what will be the best title from DC rebirth series for me? I'm only able to buy max. 2 series, cause money.. I was thinking for Detective Comics and probably batman, because it's an iconic character and I believe that chances are low to be disappointed. That's my guess. Any suggestions

Deathstroke
    New Super-Man
    Aquaman
    Batman (is not of my liking, but i think that new reader won't have much problem with it).
    Super Sons
    Red Hood and the Outlaws.

There are other series that i would recommend, but i'm not sure if a new reader would enjoy then.

Detective Comics (a bat-team book)
    Deathstroke
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    New Super-Man
    Green Lanterns
    Red Hood and the Outlaws

The 3 last comics are funny.
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-28-2017 at 06:09 AM.

BANNED

New Super-Man (The best book by far and you need zero knowledge of DC to enjoy it)
    Aquaman and Green Arrow (Good books. Don't need to know anything about these characters going in)
    Deathstroke (I don't read it personally, but it's almost universally praised and it's essentially a reboot for the principal characters.)
    Detective Comics (Not as good as the other books I'm mentioning, but it has its high points and will introduce you to a big chunk of the BatFamily.)
    Green Lanterns (An excellent introduction to the GL mythos. The series is currently going downhill with its new writer, but any of the trades with Humphries writing is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by LacticAcid View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm huge fan of DC comics, but I've never had a comic myself. i live in Bulgaria, and here it's pretty damn hard to get some comics. So I will purchase through Amazon only Collected volumes(best way for low shipping costs).
    I've watched most DC movies, and read a lot in Wikipedia for the backstories of most characters. So I am not completely new in the universe. But still never read an comic.

That being said, I was wondering what will be the best title from DC rebirth series for me? I'm only able to buy max. 2 series, cause money.. I was thinking for Detective Comics and probably batman, because it's an iconic character and I believe that chances are low to be disappointed. That's my guess. Any suggestions
    Detective
    Supersons
    Superman

All-New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Aquaman
    Deathstroke
    Green Lanterns
    Teen Titans
    Super Sons
    Superman
    Action Comics