Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Smartest There Is! Moon Girl (Lunella Lafayette ) Appreciation

moon-girl-montclare.jpg

Student, Inventor, Engineer, Vigilante

Moongirl – Marvel 101

Mighty Member

I love the character and have enjoyed her journey so far so I hope you join me in showing the smartest person on earth some appreciation. Also all Devil Devil Dinosaur appreciation welcomed.
    Moon-Girl-and-Devil-Dinosaur-001-022-2016-2017.jpg

detail.jpg
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 11-28-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Mighty Member

Matthew Rosenberg mentions Moon Girl in this interview.

Full interview https://news.marvel.com/comics/81270...s-underground/

Marvel.com: As someone who values science and scientists, going up against Mister Sinister has to have an impact on Moon Girl, right?

Matthew Rosenberg:
    In a lot of ways this will be a real fork in the road for Lunella. She is a good person, no question. A hero and sweet kid, but she’s also a genius. She values science and exploring new ideas above almost anything else. In that way, Sinister looks like a cautionary tale for her. What happens when the pursuit of science and knowledge lacks humanity? It might be easy to see how Lunella could be seduced to Sinister’s way of thinking—she finds most people kind of annoying. But will she be willing to do what’s morally right to stand in the way of his quest for knowledge? I mean, probably. But read the book.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 11-28-2017 at 08:01 PM.

I love me some Moon Girl. She's a great character. Really fun. Very sassy. I hope she has a long and rich career ahead of her.

Niffleheim

I love the title of the appreciation thread

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    moon-girl-montclare.jpg

Student, Inventor, Engineer, Vigilante

Moongirl – Marvel 101
    very cute!!! you go girl!
    #blackgirlmagic
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I love me some Moon Girl. She's a great character. Really fun. Very sassy. I hope she has a long and rich career ahead of her.
    She's already have a very interesting Storyarc {that began last week} called THE FANTASTIC THREE, with the Thing, the Human Torch and 'another member' of the F4.

.....Plus, she have another strong moment within {Today's release of} SECRET WARRIORS #9.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-29-2017 at 10:30 PM.

avenjee

Am a newbie to marvel comics and this was my first read and I am impressed. Great character filled with sass and a voice. Not quite what am accustomed to.

BANNED

I'm quite behind on her but since she's so smart, I may have to check on how she gets herself out of situations.

Astonishing Member

Today's Article from Marvel.Com; discussing about MOON GIRL (& DEVIL DINOSAUR) #26 (Later in December), via this Linkage.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I love the sassy moments between Moon Girl and Cho Hulk. The panel when both Lunella and Devil Dino look so smug as she calls in number 8 is one of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by avenjee View Post
    Am a newbie to marvel comics and this was my first read and I am impressed. Great character filled with sass and a voice. Not quite what am accustomed to.
    Glad to have you on board. If you are looking to read another book that features Moon Girl you should check out Secret Warriors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 11-29-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    She's already have a very interesting Storyarc {that began last week} called THE FANTASTIC THREE, with the Thing, the Human Torch and 'another member' of the F4.

.....Plus, she have another strong moment within {Today's release of} SECRET WARRRIORS #9.

The ending to that in Today's issue of Secret Warriors, I was not expecting.

Matthew Rosenberg knows how to write Moon Girl and he always give her moment to shine.

Karnak and Moon Girl is a pairing I never knew I wanted, they play of each other so well.

Spectacular Member

Read the first two trades and been pulling Secret Warriors. Really loving this character and glad she's succeeding in the book market. The creative team are extremely kind too!

A lot of unnecessary fan hate for what is an all-ages book.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 12-02-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

BANNED

I love this thread.

I've picked up three issues of this series. I literally grab it whenever I see it at my local comic shop. I love the book, not because I can easily share it with my 6 year old daughter, but because it's just a fun read. Looks like I might have to pick up some issues of Secret Warriors!

https://wp.me/p81uZL-29 (issue 12)
    https://wp.me/p81uZL-7X (issue 19)
    https://wp.me/p81uZL-gp (issue 20)