Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Spider-Man scenes in Avengers: Infinity War Trailer

latest trailer

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post

latest trailer
    I really don't care for super-armored Spider-Man.

Though with the Russo's directing I hope we get a better showing for Spidey in action then we did in Homecoming.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Oh hey, there's the Spider-Sense. Neat.

(Also, I want the Spider-Man/Thanos fight dubbed over with Bonesaw McGraw dialogue.)

The new Starksuit definitely evokes both the Iron Spider and the Parker Industries suit. I hope Thanos beats the tar out of it .

I can't help but notice that it's the Russo's who actually acknowledge Spider-Sense rather then the creative team who actually did Spider-Man movie .

I also wonder if we're going to see Spidey do better against Thanos and his forces then he did against any of the villains in his own movie...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The new Starksuit definitely evokes both the Iron Spider and the Parker Industries suit. I hope Thanos beats the tar out of it .

I can't help but notice that it's the Russo's who actually acknowledge Spider-Sense rather then the creative team who actually did Spider-Man movie .

I also wonder if we're going to see Spidey do better against Thanos and his forces then he did against any of the villains in his own movie...
    Different emphases and genres. The Russos are emphasizing Spider-Man's raw potential and ability in their ensemble films, while Watts and company are emphasizing that this is still a teenage Spider-Man, with all the naivety, inexperience, and impulsivity that would entail and how said naivety, inexperience, and impulsivity undermine or offset his otherwise impressive capabilities. However, if the character development from the end of Homecoming and whatever happens to him in Infinity War is carried over into the second MCU Spider-Man solo film, then we should probably see something closer to his depiction under the Russos, but blending in the comparatively lighter tones of Watts and company.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Different emphases and genres. The Russos are emphasizing Spider-Man's raw potential and ability in their ensemble films, while Watts and company are emphasizing that this is still a teenage Spider-Man, with all the naivety, inexperience, and impulsivity that would entail and how said naivety, inexperience, and impulsivity undermine or offset his otherwise impressive capabilities. However, if the character development from the end of Homecoming and whatever happens to him in Infinity War is carried over into the second MCU Spider-Man solo film, then we should probably see something closer to his depiction under the Russos, but blending in the comparatively lighter tones of Watts and company.
    I mean, I get that, but I don't think different emphasis and genre's means that Spidey's capabilities or effectiveness should seem so sharply different between movies.

The way I look at it, the Russo's portrayed comic Spider-Man in Civil War, while Watts portrayed Spider-Man like a normal kid would probably be like if he got super-powers, which you partially allude to.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

The Russos have an undoubtedly better handle on the character than the buffoons who made Homecoming. Hopefully Avengers 3 and 4 evoke that same feeling of awesomeness regarding Spidey as Civil War did.

The suit looks better than it did in Homecoming, but I’m still not a fan of Peter being reliant on Stark. Hopefully he at least makes some upgrades to the suit so it’s at least somewhat his own, not just a loaner from Stark.

I also noticed that the Russos have continued using Peter’s Spider Sense, even though the Homecoming people forgot about it. I really hope they get fired from Homecoming 2. And while I’m sure the Russos are too busy to make a good Spidey solo movie, there are tons of directors who could do better than what we got.

But other than Spidey-related issues, Avengers 3 and 4 seem like they can even fulfill the hype. The battle in Wakanda looks so awesome! The darker tone is perfectly fitting. And I hope either Tony or Cap ends up dying (permanently) in either Avengers 3 or 4, just to mark the end of an era as well as show some real consequences.

I mean, I get that, but I don't think different emphasis and genre's means that Spidey's capabilities or effectiveness should seem so sharply different between movies.

The way I look at it, the Russo's portrayed comic Spider-Man in Civil War, while Watts portrayed Spider-Man like a normal kid would probably be like if he got super-powers, which you partially allude to.
    Perfectly put, IMO. I definitely agree with that. Homecoming Peter wasn’t really Peter whatsoever.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 11-29-2017 at 04:05 PM.

I don't see it as Spider-sense. Was there something else to indicate thats what it was when his hair stood up on end?

For one thing - anyone's hair can stand up on end if there is static electricity around. Or if they experience fear. Thats why its a saying - "made my hair stand on end." Another thing - he wasn't being targeted by anything in particular so why would it go off?

If thats Spider-sense, I'm a vermicious knid.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I don't see it as Spider-sense. Was there something else to indicate thats what it was when his hair stood up on end?

For one thing - anyone's hair can stand up on end if there is static electricity around. Or if they experience fear. Thats why its a saying - "made my hair stand on end." Another thing - he wasn't being targeted by anything in particular so why would it go off?

If thats Spider-sense, I'm a vermicious knid.
    It can be argued that the spider-sense is really a heightened version of the actual human danger sense (which does exist) or survival instinct, which tends to be less acute in humans than in animals because humans are usually too civilized to randomly jump out and kill and/or eat one another, overlapping somewhat with how an actual spider's senses work, detecting currents and vibrations in the air or on the web and reacting accordingly if they read those currents and vibrations as signaling the presence of "prey" or "predators." In that regard, with Thanos as basically a cosmic apex predator (he wants to feed everybody to Death), his very presence, even if Peter can't immediately see him, would be pinging Peter's heightened danger sense/survival instinct pretty hard.

As for the earlier discussion on whether or not Homecoming's Peter was a good representation of the character, I can see and respect the point that Watts and company might've gone too far in trying to present him as a "typical" modern American teenager. And yes, I'd also like it better if Peter at some point designed his own Spider-Man suit, or at least experimented with and modified the suit(s) given to him by Stark to emphasize his own intelligence and ability. The only thing limiting him compared to Tony is lack of funds and resources, so if you solve that particular problem . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Have you ever rolled up a newspaper and gone to hit a spider, only to find that it somehow senses you and scuttles away just in the nick of time? Thats Spider-Sense, to me. Peter dodging punches and kicks, jumping out of the way when someone throws a pumkpin bomb at him, or feeling a sudden sense of danger when he passes by a supervillain on the street who is in civvy clothes.

Not so much when he reacts the same way anyone would react when seeing a giant Thanos O-Ring in the sky shooting off sparkly things. But that said, its not a dealbreaker for me. Just another little oddity for Spider-Mouse.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    The Russos have an undoubtedly better handle on the character than the buffoons who made Homecoming. Hopefully Avengers 3 and 4 evoke that same feeling of awesomeness regarding Spidey as Civil War did.

The suit looks better than it did in Homecoming, but I’m still not a fan of Peter being reliant on Stark. Hopefully he at least makes some upgrades to the suit so it’s at least somewhat his own, not just a loaner from Stark.

I also noticed that the Russos have continued using Peter’s Spider Sense, even though the Homecoming people forgot about it. I really hope they get fired from Homecoming 2. And while I’m sure the Russos are too busy to make a good Spidey solo movie, there are tons of directors who could do better than what we got.

But other than Spidey-related issues, Avengers 3 and 4 seem like they can even fulfill the hype. The battle in Wakanda looks so awesome! The darker tone is perfectly fitting. And I hope either Tony or Cap ends up dying (permanently) in either Avengers 3 or 4, just to mark the end of an era as well as show some real consequences.

Perfectly put, IMO. I definitely agree with that. Homecoming Peter wasn’t really Peter whatsoever.
    No he was definitely Peter but then again you are the guy who can't stand it, if the narrative isn't spending all it's time going on about how great he is, the only reason you don't like homecoming is because it's not a 2 hour wank fest for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Have you ever rolled up a newspaper and gone to hit a spider, only to find that it somehow senses you and scuttles away just in the nick of time? Thats Spider-Sense, to me. Peter dodging punches and kicks, jumping out of the way when someone throws a pumkpin bomb at him, or feeling a sudden sense of danger when he passes by a supervillain on the street who is in civvy clothes.

Not so much when he reacts the same way anyone would react when seeing a giant Thanos O-Ring in the sky shooting off sparkly things. But that said, its not a dealbreaker for me. Just another little oddity for Spider-Mouse.
    It's not that it reacted that way because he was seeing Thanos' portal, Peter's body seemed to react to it before he was even aware of the threat and looked around to see what was going on.

That's Spider-Sense.

We also had him seemingly get a sense of what was going on behind him or around him in Civil War, even when it was out of view, but the Russo's actually acknowledge Spider-Sense existing.