Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Maybe, Circe's thing is perfection. Maybe, she transforms people to improve them.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Well, why not her just turning people who she deeds evil turned into animals. They can be small to large crimes.

For me she should be turning only men into animals, as in the myth, since she doesn't have any patience/pity for them (as shown in Godwatch, when she killed those guys because "it saves time"). Diana would, of course, try to stop her. It makes more sense for me that Circe is living the life she wants and Diana is the one going after her. Also would be a good change to see Diana going after someone and not the villains going after Diana.

Why not add some women too? The women who know their men are evil but don’t leave them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Maybe, Circe's thing is perfection. Maybe, she transforms people to improve them.
    IIRC, I think that was a bit of Zoom or Reverse-Flash's motivational thing. Not that it can't be Circe's too in her own way, but that popped into my head reading your comment.

I kind of like Circe's transformation of people as a penance from her POV - at least that's one aspect I'm playing around with.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    IIRC, I think that was a bit of Zoom or Reverse-Flash's motivational thing. Not that it can't be Circe's too in her own way, but that popped into my head reading your comment.

I kind of like Circe's transformation of people as a penance from her POV - at least that's one aspect I'm playing around with.
    the penance angle only works if it's tied to some concept of justice/punishment. Circe isn't really the sort to care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    the penance angle only works if it's tied to some concept of justice/punishment. Circe isn't really the sort to care about that.
    Yeah, I didn't go into detail, but I'm talking about it being more of a personal action taken by Circe to those that cross her or annoy her. It's more a self-serving, capricious, and control/power thing than compared to being like a Green Lantern, for instance, and following a code and set of ethics/rules like a police officer.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-29-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yeah, I didn't go into detail, but I'm talking about it being more of a personal action taken by Circe to those that cross her or annoy her. It's more a self-serving, capricious, and control/power thing than compared to being like a Green Lantern, for instance, and following a code and set of ethics/rules like a police officer.
    Ah, punishment for annoying Circe makes sense.

Incredible Member

Circe always seems to be making to many complicated plans that fail

I really hope Circe shows up in Wilson's run because if this thread has showed me one thing it's that everyone has different ideas on who Circe is. She runs the gambit from Diana's true archenemy to a powerful but nonlethal nuisance like Mr. Mxy. Rucka gave her a vague enough showing that you could do literally anything with her. I guess we're just waiting for someone to actually use her now.

Can't Circe just be a figure of feminism gone wrong ? Someone talked about Zoom and I'm thinking, what if Circe acted like Zoom but towards women who have been hurt by men before to actually kill men by giving them the tools to fight and Wonder Woman's actual fighting wouldn't really be to fight Circe but to fight for her ideals. It would be a cool way of having Wonder Woman in a more " Superman " light where it's really about the power of her name

To me, her battle with Ares in Perez' run is one of the highest in Wonder Woman's history, A pure battle of ideology that you can't win by punching your way through. Of course, you could still have actual fighting but I think it could be good to have that ideology part because one aspect of Diana is that she is inspirational and it would be interesting to have a dark mirror of that aspect, someone who is also inspirational but in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavunion View Post
    Can't Circe just be a figure of feminism gone wrong ? Someone talked about Zoom and I'm thinking, what if Circe acted like Zoom but towards women who have been hurt by men before to actually kill men by giving them the tools to fight and Wonder Woman's actual fighting wouldn't really be to fight Circe but to fight for her ideals. It would be a cool way of having Wonder Woman in a more " Superman " light where it's really about the power of her name

To me, her battle with Ares in Perez' run is one of the highest in Wonder Woman's history, A pure battle of ideology that you can't win by punching your way through. Of course, you could still have actual fighting but I think it could be good to have that ideology part because one aspect of Diana is that she is inspirational and it would be interesting to have a dark mirror of that aspect, someone who is also inspirational but in a bad way.
    I think Circe has been used that way many times. She forces men to be her slaves, OG Circe was like that despite the fact that she ended up marrying the hero!

I think Circe has been used that way many times. She forces men to be her slaves, OG Circe was like that despite the fact that she ended up marrying the hero!

I'm just going to throw this out there. Diana wants to change Man's World through peaceful means, diplomacy, she wants to redeem/rehabilitate the existing political and social structures without necessarily destroying them (although I can think of a few things she'd be in favor of abolishing). Circe in my mind should be someone who has become so bitter and cynical that the only way to change the status quo is through an apocalyptic event that upheavals everything and leaves her in a position to change everything. Circe would utilize magic to achieve this. That's my pitch for her, Circe as kind of a warning to Diana, "I'm what you will become given enough time and if you fail".

I agree about everything, including the Ares battle.