Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How modern should the buildings look on paradise island? I guess Earth One kind of thing. I'm guessing Circe could easily live the high life but if you didn't want to do the whole diva personality she should have a good amount of money but not living too lavish
    Earth One Themyscira has an interesting design, as do some other cities. I see it as a mix of classical and Amazon-Nuevo architecture.

I see Circe having vast resources and living pretty opulently when she’s chilling at home. With her transformation and illusionary powers, I can see Circe being anyone she needs to be if it helps manipulate events.

I see her having many different items on her walls maybe a few magical objects?if she has this cult what would she have them do? Spy. Lex Luther should try to take her down by finding the cult

Mighty Member

How modern should the buildings look on paradise island? I guess Earth One kind of thing. I'm guessing Circe could easily live the high life but if you didn't want to do the whole diva personality she should have a good amount of money but not living too lavish
    I liked the buildings in n52 and in the movie but I also like earth ones design too. I think artist should just have creative control on how they draw it because its fun to have different takes on it the same way you have with gotham

Where should Circe live? How would she be a threat to JL? I mean she is powerful but how much powerful she should be?

well, in the myths she had her private island. you could define that as her "home" but you don't need to have her stay there.

You mean Aeaea? Well depending on the myth she was exiled. However, this is where she did transform men into animals(or anyone who offended her) . What if the Island wasn't regular men and magical beings from many myths to get back her powers? Looking up Circe has siblings. She did have a husband and son but do we need that part. I would want to see how they might use her siblings. However, there is one myth in which she went herself wen to the Island because of her Husband was Kiled by the Gods.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-25-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Circe should have Aeaea...it's a nice juxtaposition to Themyscira/Paradise Island.

Just like Joker or Luthor there could different interpretation of the character:
    Shes a wicked witch who either likes messing with humans, or thinks all humans should be punished, by "helping" them with her magic but at a price or a side effect, some of them turn into WW villains, she also turns people into animals because she finds it funny or thinks the human acts more like an animal then human.

So I've got two ideas with Circe and I'm having a hard time building a cohesion.

1. Circe represents a cynical, hedonist worldview, to counter Diana's optimistic goals. Diana wants everyone to reach for the stars and challenge themselves to be the best they can be. Circe just sees people as animals that can talk: messy two-legged disasters that cause war and bloodshed, and need to be reminded how disgusting they are. Circe hates humanity, and uses her magics to subjugate them as animals. She doesn't respect human institutions or civilization. If not for the threat of rival sorcerers and superhumans, she would roll over the earth and turn entire nations into herds of sheep and pigs. She's been undone in the past, by Doctors Fate and Mist, Constantine, etc, so she seeks additional divine power sources, ie artifacts, ley lines, and pocket dimensions. That search leads her to seek to conquer Gateway City again and again, only to be repelled by Diana & co.

2. Circe is the secret demigod bastard of Poseidon and an Atlantean woman in "pre-sunken" antiquity. She's cuckoo'd into Helios' family by the divine midwife Hecate. When the Titan sungod's family rejects her, she is sheltered and mentored by Hecate. Circe's powers over biology and transformation is Olympian in origin, and not magically learned. She never learns her true parentage, but is led to hate the Olympian domination of the Greek pantheon, as well as their lesser Titan allies. It's part of Hecate's long-con strategy to destable the Olympian brothers' hold on their three realms by using demigods to usurp their power.

Why not have it be that due to her being mentored by Hecate she learns to enjoy the lavish lifestyle. Hecate tells her about her parentage. She goes to Olympus and accepted but only to treat her like an animal and but is beaten brutal. She exiles herself and Hecate continue to mentor her. Has time passes she hates Olympians and how humans worship them and praying for them to help. Circe decides that she will not help any of the humans and Olympian and just enjoy life in whatever way she wants. At one point one of the lesser known gods or demi gods should ask her to help them but she doesn't. More of the gods come and she decides to transformation them into animals and use them as weapons. She finds her way to Gateway and makes her own pocket dimension within. There she uses magic t attract other magical beings to grow her magic and when she learns of Diana she wants that power to destroy the gods. MAybe Circe should have a run in with the Amazons due to her battling with the gods which harms humanity.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-27-2017 at 10:53 AM.

How powerful should Circe be? I mean should she be able to with stay her on with Zatanna and Doctor Fate?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Earth One Themyscira has an interesting design, as do some other cities. I see it as a mix of classical and Amazon-Nuevo architecture.

I see Circe having vast resources and living pretty opulently when she’s chilling at home. With her transformation and illusionary powers, I can see Circe being anyone she needs to be if it helps manipulate events.
    What of the Amazons weapons? Many say no guns since the Amazons are skilled enough that it shouldn't matter.

How powerful should Circe be? I mean should she be able to with stay her on with Zatanna and Doctor Fate?
    I see Circe as the ultimate manipulator of magic in the DCU - part her inherent nature, part her study of it over the millennia of her lifespan.

Zatanna and Doctor Fate are no slouches in magic and could hold their own with Circe in a duel for a while, but they aren't goddess level in their practice.

After she's had a good showing and establishment in Wonder Woman again, it's be interesting to see Circe interact with Nabu, the Wizard (Mamaragan) in Shazam, and the Circle of Eternity (Shazam) in the ancient past. You'd think she'd be aware of most magic power at any given time - in the case of the current holders, you'd think that'd be Shazam and Black Adam, Zatanna and the Homo Magi humans, Gemworld, and Doctor Fate's helmet of Nabu.

I can thinking what if some of the people she turns into animals are actually powerful beings. That each person she turns she got more and more by feeding off their powers until there are nothing more than her pets. One thing I would like to see is her fighting skills a more. I'm not saying she should be the fighting villains but rather she should at least stay on her for a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I see Circe as the ultimate manipulator of magic in the DCU - part her inherent nature, part her study of it over the millennia of her lifespan.

Zatanna and Doctor Fate are no slouches in magic and could hold their own with Circe in a duel for a while, but they aren't goddess level in their practice.

After she's had a good showing and establishment in Wonder Woman again, it's be interesting to see Circe interact with Nabu, the Wizard (Mamaragan) in Shazam, and the Circle of Eternity (Shazam) in the ancient past. You'd think she'd be aware of most magic power at any given time - in the case of the current holders, you'd think that'd be Shazam and Black Adam, Zatanna and the Homo Magi humans, Gemworld, and Doctor Fate's helmet of Nabu.
    Yeah, Zatanna and Fate are powerful... for mortals. Circe's not a mortal.
    What of the Amazons weapons? Many say no guns since the Amazons are skilled enough that it shouldn't matter.
    Interestingly, The old Superfriends cartoon showed that the Amazons had beam weapons. They used them rarely but they had them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJhX-blW1s Also notable for being the only ep where you see Cheetah out of costume.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 12-29-2017 at 08:52 PM.