Default Batman: Creature of the Night.

It came out today, and I thought it was a real...solid thing. Uncomfortable, but that was exactly the point.

Amazing Member

I enjoyed it. Thoughts on how the ‘Batman’ came to be? Does Bruce have some sort of psychokietic power? Is the ‘Batman’ a part of Bruce? Looking forward to the next issue.

Very interesting. Darker then even a lot of Batman stories in tone.

Incredible Member

Fantastic.

A bold new kind of Batman tale. Gave me genuine feelings of shock and awe.

Maybe this bruce is losing his grasp on reality?

it was a good read.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Fantastic.

A bold new kind of Batman tale. Gave me genuine feelings of shock and awe.
    Agreed. I didn't expect it to be this good.

Bruce Weinstein will grow up to be ASBAR Batman, probably.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This has been fantastic so far. I wasn't sure what to expect going into it, Superman: Secret Identity was Superman in the "real world" but it was pretty straight forward but this has all kinds of interesting layers. I loved how it went a little more fantastical in it's version of Batman as going into it I kept thinking if Batman existed in the real world he'd just get shot in the face on his first night out and yet even though it has that deeper fantasy element of Batman being a seeming spirit of vengeance animating a cloud of bats it is still tackling the real world questions of vigilante justice which is fantastic.

Amazing Member

IMO this is the best on-going Bat-title. I agree with the praises others have given, which I'll not repeat here.

That said, there's one thing that...doesn't exactly bugs me, but kind of makes me wonder. This is supposed to be a Batman story in the real world, but there're definitely supernatural elements within it (unless, of course, we've been reading Bruce's fantasy all along). Unsure about to what extent real-world logic applies to this world, I can't help but feeling now that Bruce is super rich in addition to being young, fit, smart, and everything, maybe he could just try being Batman in the traditional sense? Training himself to become a detective and fight crime and all that?

I'm not saying he should. It's just a thought I find somewhat interesting.
    Last edited by Ten_to_Three; 01-03-2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typo

Amazing Member

I haven't checked it out yet, but looking forward to reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    I haven't checked it out yet, but looking forward to reading it.
    It takes place in Boston, and Bruce Wayne/Batman is a comic book hero in the story, yet still has a profound impact. The latest issue left things off on a huge cliffhanger.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Spoilers For Batman: Creature of The Night #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ten_to_Three View Post
    That said, there's one thing that...doesn't exactly bugs me, but kind of makes me wonder. This is supposed to be a Batman story in the real world, but there're definitely supernatural elements within it (unless, of course, we've been reading Bruce's fantasy all along). Unsure about to what extent real-world logic applies to this world, I can't help but feeling now that Bruce is super rich in addition to being young, fit, smart, and everything, maybe he could just try being Batman in the traditional sense? Training himself to become a detective and fight crime and all that?
    I think the only supernatural thing is Batman himself, and everything else is realistic. Bruce Wainwright isn't an Olympic level athlete or genius like comic book Bruce Wayne, he's just a young man who got good grades at Harvard. He probably hasn't punched anyone since he was nine or ten, and wouldn't be any more capable of training himself to be a crime fighting vigilante than you or I. And in Issue #2 Bruce finds out that "Batman" has been helping his business succeed all along, so he may not even be as good at investment as he thought he was.