Default Injustice 2 Annual #1 Diana's Origins Spoilers

The only thing that had Wonder Woman in it this week, I think...

It starts off almost exactly like the Wonder Woman movie. Except she's back to World War II. She is training with the Amazons and almost kills Phillipus' sister.

Antiope gets on her for using her greater powers on weaker opponents, like her sisters during a training exercise. Steve crashes on the island, and Diana leaves with him. They do battle against Nazis, etc but they need something to turn the war. Diana returns to Themyscira and asks for permission to use the Lasso of Hestia in the outside world to save it. AS they debate, and them not knowing he was there, Steve goes to try and steal the Lasso and accidentally kills Phillipus sister. The Amazons find out, blames Diana for bringing him there and Diana is shocked that he did this. He was sure that they wouldn't let Diana leave with the Lasso. Diana puts him back under the Lasso. He says he didn't out right lie, but that he wasn't asked the right questions. Diana asks him for the truth. He is a Nazi. She strangles him and leaves for the outside world.

We then pick up where we first see her in I believe the first few issues of Injustice 1.
    Richard Alexander

I honestly liked the twist that Steve was a Nazi all along. Ten years ago? I would've hated it. But we've had so many great depictions of Steve lately that this was a nice twist.

BANNED

It's the kind of thing I find rather tedious about the Injustice-verse, the morality of the two factions. Because you really do get the sense that every single member of the Regime was to some degree or another a villain hiding in plain sight and they just got the conditions with Superman's turn to show up in it. Like it doesn't sound like this Diana was ever like the one we are used to.

And even more annoying is that the Resistance side are a bunch of white knights whose faults are either ignored or simply dont exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's the kind of thing I find rather tedious about the Injustice-verse, the morality of the two factions. Because you really do get the sense that every single member of the Regime was to some degree or another a villain hiding in plain sight and they just got the conditions with Superman's turn to show up in it. Like it doesn't sound like this Diana was ever like the one we are used to.

And even more annoying is that the Resistance side are a bunch of white knights whose faults are either ignored or simply dont exist.
    Tom Taylor pretty much admitted in an interview that he could never see the regular Diana doing the things Regime Diana does so he just decided the latter was a wolf in sheeps clothing all along. I don't know about the rest. It seemed they just took leave of their senses when Superman turned evil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tom Taylor pretty much admitted in an interview that he could never see the regular Diana doing the things Regime Diana does so he just decided the latter was a wolf in sheeps clothing all along. I don't know about the rest. It seemed they just took leave of their senses when Superman turned evil
    And I have to say, thats the aspect of Injustice I really don't like. I can accept it if there are good reasons for characters to do what they did and joined with Superman and stuck with it, but for a lot of them, there isn't.

Has Wonder Woman committed any other atrocities in the Injustice 2 stuff?

Also I believe this is the third time Wonder Woman has been depicted killing Steve Trevor; she did so in WW Vol 1 #300, during Flashpoint and now here (four if you count the animated Flashpoint film).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well no, she's been locked up till now. But Captain Cold mentions in the game she's killed Golden Glider and if it wasn't for Supergirl, she would have killed Cheetah as well. But for now Injustice 2 has been rather light on the casualties among the named characters.

Also I believe this is the third time Wonder Woman has been depicted killing Steve Trevor; she did so in WW Vol 1 #300, during Flashpoint and now here (four if you count the animated Flashpoint film).
    Nope, she's been locked up for the majority of the comic, or at least until the recent issues that focus heavily on her, Supergirl and the Amazons.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nope, she's been locked up for the majority of the comic, or at least until the recent issues that focus heavily on her, Supergirl and the Amazons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well no, she's been locked up till now. But Captain Cold mentions in the game she's killed Golden Glider and if it wasn't for Supergirl, she would have killed Cheetah as well. But for now Injustice 2 has been rather light on the casualties among the named characters.
    Oh that sucks, the only positive attribute in my opinion to the Injustice stuff is seeing your favourite character behave like a monster. I did browse through it and there is some nice art inside and she does fatality some Che looking terrorist.

What is this now, the 7th origin story for Wonder Woman in the past few years, Earth One, True Amazon, Legend, Rucka, that book, the film and now this? Maybe 8 if you count the Secret Origins issue...
    Last edited by Pinsir; 12-01-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Oh that sucks, the only positive attribute in my opinion to the Injustice stuff is seeing your favourite character behave like a monster. I did browse through it and there is some nice art inside and she does fatality some Che looking terrorist.

What is this now, the 7th origin story for Wonder Woman in the past few years, Earth One, True Amazon, Legend, Rucka, that book, the film and now this? Maybe 8 if you count the Secret Origins issue...
    I think calling her a monster is a little strong when you have Batman's villains nuking cities, Bombing Corporations and flooding Washington during a presidential inauguration killing millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I think calling her a monster is a little strong when you have Batman's villains nuking cities, Bombing Corporations and flooding Washington during a presidential inauguration killing millions.
    That other people are as bad or worse doesn't mean she isn't a monster.

I was about to throw my iPad away if I had to read the stolen line from the movie, "It is our sacred duty blah blah blah..." yet another time in this annual.

Spectacular Member

I did not like it, I would have preferred that Steve had done anything to protect the United States instead of just being a Nazi

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

At this point I'm so numb to the stupid crap Injustice does to every character that isn't Batman, that I'm not even batting an eye at Nazi!Steve.