Default Guy Gardner vs. Quasar, Richard Nova & Dr. Doom

There are 3 Guy Gardner's.

Him from his yellow/green/red ring phases specifically
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

...Hmm. I was going to say I favor Quasar over Guy, but Red Lantern vomit actually seems to have some pretty intense anti-construct properties, which might give Red Guy a win there. I'm sort of inclined to say Green Guy can at least put Nova on the defensive while World Mind tries to calculate the whole Stargate inside someone thing, and I *think* the Crimson Bands probably fire off slower than a Lantern can frag out Doom. At which point, if the Red Vomit doesn't eat through Richard's force field, the other two rings can probably port him out of it or something.

On the other hand, Nova is way fast, and should definitely win the quickdraw. If he can hammer team Guy hard enough to take their initial concentration, Doom can fire up the bands, which when combined with Quasar's energy draining can sponge a lot of Guy juice. That could definitely tip things their way.

Interesting fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Interesting fight.
    Validation at last!
    *swims in the warm glow of euphoria*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

CM's analysis seems on point. I'd say that Richie can probably use the gravometric field that his brother (only a normal centurian) used to pin Kallark's sister for an EXTENDED period of time, and use it with MUCH more oomph. That or just blitz pound - he only needs to distract them for a second. Doing that should probably buy Wendell and Vicky time to get off their drains and traps, and it's over then. Mileage may vary, as it often does.

You heard it here first, folks.

The actual functional strategy here is to "pound on three guy hard and fast enough, to pin them and suck them dry."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You heard it here first, folks.

The actual functional strategy here is to "pound on three guy hard and fast enough, to pin them and suck them dry."
    Well to be fair, it's a lot of Guy juice to suck, but when you've Dick Rider blue blazing all over them, things tend to get hot.

Couldn't world mind Nova blitz at least one Guy Gardner? Also, Doom's personal force fields should buy him some time to throw a magical whamma zamma a'la transmutation. He actually turned Ares back to organic form from human from in Dark Avengers. And of course Quasar is not a slouch by any stretch...

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Couldn't world mind Nova blitz at least one Guy Gardner? Also, Doom's personal force fields should buy him some time to throw a magical whamma zamma a'la transmutation. He actually turned Ares back to organic form from human from in Dark Avengers. And of course Quasar is not a slouch by any stretch...
    Richie is fast enough to blitz, but it's debatable if he hits hard enough take out a Lantern with it. He isn't landing hundreds of attacks or anything.

Here, he mostly just needs to buy time for his boiz to bust out the weird stuff.

Richie is fast enough to blitz, but it's debatable if he hits hard enough take out a Lantern with it. He isn't landing hundreds of attacks or anything.

Here, he mostly just needs to buy time for his boiz to bust out the weird stuff.
    IIRC, Doom wins that one.

Was an old crossover with Dr. Doom and Parasite, where he makes a comment to the effect of "Doom's gonna sex Parasite up."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    IIRC, Doom wins that one.

Was an old crossover with Dr. Doom and Parasite, where he makes a comment to the effect of "Doom's gonna sex Parasite up."
    Yeah, for all Guy's vague sexual blustering, he's probably pretty vanilla in the bedroom.

Yeah, for all Guy's vague sexual blustering, he's probably pretty vanilla in the bedroom.
    I mean, it at the very least speaks that Doom doesn't care what you've got. Doom takes it anyway. Vanilla or not.

Like Namor. Or, Starlord

Arx Inosaan