Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Bane Appreciation

I can´t understand why there is not one BANE APPRECIATION here, I put these words in internet and nothing..

bane_breaks_batman_comparison.jpg

I BREAK YOU..

dc-comics-bane-premium-format-figure-sideshow.jpg

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I am not a joke. I am not a riddle! I am not a bird or a cat or a penguin! I'm not a scarecrow or a plant or a puppet! I am not your broken friend! I am not your regretful teacher! I am not a child's fairy tale! I am not a circus act here to amuse and frighten you! I am not another of your madmen howling at the moon! And I... I am not... I am not some rich boy playing dress-up! I am BANE !

The real reason because I started this topic is this topic of newsarama BANE Is A Blessing As BATMAN/TMNT II's FREDDIE WILLIAMS II Loves Drawing 'Muscles & Sinew':

https://www.newsarama.com/37582-batm...re-s-bane.html

Maybe... I BREAK YOU. Bane Appreciation was better name for this topic..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-01-2017 at 02:26 AM.

I always liked Bane. When he's in the right hands he is off the page awesome. Great idea for a thread and your right. It should have already existed.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Huh surprised he doesn't have one. Well he's showing up in Conquest, TMNT crossover starting next week and in Telltale Batman. Seems to be a good year for Bane.

Bane, Battman and Robin in the TMNT images:

Screen Shot 672.jpg

Screen Shot 675.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-01-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Yessss, I’ve been waiting for this for months. I even thought of starting it, but I’m too lazy haha I’ll be doing some contributions in the near future
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member

My favorite adapatations of Bane are Tom Hardy's performance in Dark Knight Rises, and JB Blanc's voice role in Arkham Origins.

Both embrace the intellectual side of Bane and go far above the disheartening tendency to make him Diet Steroid Hulk. Hardy may not quite have the physical composition expected, but I have no problem sacrificing that for getting a cultured and erudite warrior.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Finally there is a Bane Appreciation thread I can add to my Latinos thread! I was surprised to see he didn't have one...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am enjoying the Bane series right now, but I have to say, though the endings to I Am Suicide and I Am Bane don't really pay off as well, the parallels King drew between Bruce and Bane were really cool.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Secret Six Bane is a very interesting take on the character. Not sure I completely buy how nice he is, but I understand the purpose of it. Plus, the Nicola Scott art was amazing!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    In general, like with most comic villains, I am not a fan of Bane. But damn if I don't bloody love Secret Six Bane!

Extraordinary Member

I've actually always loved the idea that Bane, in a very skewed, twisted, and tragic way, has some innocence from his childhood left over that mixes with his pseudo-Nietzchean philosophy to create a disturbing dichotomy in his treatment of others. He will crush any opposition and kill any enemy, all to fulfill his search for self-gratification, but I can't see him acting truly debauched or depraved like other enemies. And I think some of that is an almost childlike pride in what he is; he won't kill Batman because his competitive spirit recognizes the Bat as the best measuring stick, and he won't kill children (at least directly) because why would he fear a child? If one is smart enough and dangerous enough to be like him, with a little shank in a teddy bear, that kid should be commended, not executed.

And since his life was spent in deprivation, his love of the finer things is a genuine and sincere exploration of uncharted territory. He didn't have even passable beer or tequila in El Peña Duro, so of course he's going to become a connoisseur of all beverages, and he's going to eat gigantic calorie-heavy meals prepared by master chefs. And since he went from king of a prison to king of Gotham in a few weeks, he has no idea what the actual social interaction of dating is like whenever you're just trying to finesse romance.

Just don't give him the backstory and subplot of the Knightfall novelization...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Wait what happened in the Knightfall novelization? It was written by O'Neal right? I remember his Bane from Azrael series and I thought it was the best Bane story I ever read. Though admittedly his Bane is far more brutal than any version by any other version save the one Tynion wrote in Talon. No other writer has been able to capture that feeling of dread and hopelessness standing next to Bane than O'Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I've actually always loved the idea that Bane, in a very skewed, twisted, and tragic way, has some innocence from his childhood left over that mixes with his pseudo-Nietzchean philosophy to create a disturbing dichotomy in his treatment of others. He will crush any opposition and kill any enemy, all to fulfill his search for self-gratification, but I can't see him acting truly debauched or depraved like other enemies. And I think some of that is an almost childlike pride in what he is; he won't kill Batman because his competitive spirit recognizes the Bat as the best measuring stick, and he won't kill children (at least directly) because why would he fear a child? If one is smart enough and dangerous enough to be like him, with a little shank in a teddy bear, that kid should be commended, not executed.

And since his life was spent in deprivation, his love of the finer things is a genuine and sincere exploration of uncharted territory. He didn't have even passable beer or tequila in El Peña Duro, so of course he's going to become a connoisseur of all beverages, and he's going to eat gigantic calorie-heavy meals prepared by master chefs. And since he went from king of a prison to king of Gotham in a few weeks, he has no idea what the actual social interaction of dating is like whenever you're just trying to finesse romance.

Just don't give him the backstory and subplot of the Knightfall novelization...
    Oh, interesting - do share! I've thought about reading the Knightfall novel, but haven't really gone for it yet. What does O'Neil do with Bane?

I do agree that Bane has moments of tenderness and honor, as well as a sense of wanting to be a connoisseur rather than a gormand. In the current Bane series, he's been tripped up by his weird romantic notions about Catwoman and the main Hydra agent.

I definitely don't see him the way Tomasi wrote him in the Bane Villains Month one-shot, where he's basically just a generic super evil sadistic monster, killing his own minions because he's stronger than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In general, like with most comic villains, I am not a fan of Bane. But damn if I don't bloody love Secret Six Bane!
    He is quite lovable!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wait what happened in the Knightfall novelization? It was written by O'Neal right? I remember his Bane from Azrael series and I thought it was the best Bane story I ever read. Though admittedly his Bane is far more brutal than any version by any other version save the one Tynion wrote in Talon. No other writer has been able to capture that feeling of dread and hopelessness standing next to Bane than O'Neal.
    Now that sounds like a really great comic - which issues of Azrael were those?