Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    While I guess King is indeed doing right by Bane he is however taking too much time and his run is too terribly written for me to care.
    I know you don't like his run, but I think he genuinely wants to make Bane a legit threat again and his master plan is indeed proof of his wits.

Incredible Member

The problem is that King's Bane doesn't make any sense. No one heard from or saw him after he got taken out with a headbutt, but because of one page at the end of 50, he's suddenly a mastermind villain again. It would be fine except for the fact that it still doesn't make any sense. How did he have any interaction with Flashpoint Batman and Skeets, how did he get the Joker and Riddler to actually work for him, and what is his connection to Holly? Did he have something to do with her murdering all those terrorists? We are 55 issues in a run, over two years, and almost nothing has been answered. That's not good writing. A good writer weaves questions and answers throughout their run to keep the reader engaged. I think King doesn't because he doesn't know what the story is still. He depends on these big wow moments to hook people and then tries to figure out what to do with them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    The problem is that King's Bane doesn't make any sense. No one heard from or saw him after he got taken out with a headbutt, but because of one page at the end of 50, he's suddenly a mastermind villain again. It would be fine except for the fact that it still doesn't make any sense. How did he have any interaction with Flashpoint Batman and Skeets, how did he get the Joker and Riddler to actually work for him, and what is his connection to Holly? Did he have something to do with her murdering all those terrorists? We are 55 issues in a run, over two years, and almost nothing has been answered. That's not good writing. A good writer weaves questions and answers throughout their run to keep the reader engaged. I think King doesn't because he doesn't know what the story is still. He depends on these big wow moments to hook people and then tries to figure out what to do with them later.
    I don't know what Bane did after being taken out in Arkham. I'm sure, though, that I will get answers in future issues. I won't pretend I know what King's writing process is, but I would be really surprised that someone who wrote stuffs like Vision, Omega Men or Mister Miracle doesn't have long term plans when he begins a story.

from Batman: Vengeance of Bane Special #1 (January 1993)

BANNED

Shane West has been cast as Bane in Gotham. Thank God its not a roid head.

from 2013's "Villains Month":

From last week's Batman

bane smile.jpg
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    From last week's Batman

bane smile.jpg
    I see his smile and I think that he made something to put angry batman.