Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Batman Eternal after Hush was defeated went downhill for me. They entered a vicious circle where they kept playing with red herrings while the bad guy was pretty obvious and they completely wasted the rogues gallery. I enjoyed Tynion’s writing in Talon, but the book and character have been totally forgotten by now. That’s the problem when you rest too much in another product, in this case, The Court of Owls, that are no longer the threat they were nor they wake interest
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

I enjoyed Tynion's Bane in Talon, he was the closest to O'Neals Bane from Azrael which is why I'm looking forward to Batman/TMNT 2. I'm shocked Tynion hasn't used him more, his Bane is much better written than his Ra's and a whole bunch of other villains he writes. I think Talon was on his stronger works, Felix Harmon was also cooler than Colony Prime, Victim Syndicate etc and Calvin Rose felt like a fully fleshed out character. Tec still suffers from basic and ordinary characterization.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Batman Eternal after Hush was defeated went downhill for me. They entered a vicious circle where they kept playing with red herrings while the bad guy was pretty obvious and they completely wasted the rogues gallery. I enjoyed Tynion’s writing in Talon, but the book and character have been totally forgotten by now. That’s the problem when you rest too much in another product, in this case, The Court of Owls, that are no longer the threat they were nor they wake interest
    I do think it's super weird that Snyder said that Metal was the culmination of the Court, and I can sort of see how that is, but the Dark Knights have taken over the story, and the Court is just a plot device. Kind of an ignominious end to what was probably the strongest idea in Snyder's n52 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I enjoyed Tynion's Bane in Talon, he was the closest to O'Neals Bane from Azrael which is why I'm looking forward to Batman/TMNT 2. I'm shocked Tynion hasn't used him more, his Bane is much better written than his Ra's and a whole bunch of other villains he writes. I think Talon was on his stronger works, Felix Harmon was also cooler than Colony Prime, Victim Syndicate etc and Calvin Rose felt like a fully fleshed out character. Tec still suffers from basic and ordinary characterization.
    Well, with Bane being used by King and then Dixon, I think Tynion felt he wasn't really available.

I personally think Tec's characters are great, but I may be biased...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think Tynion is more eager to use Ra’s and the League of Assasins than Bane. He probably likes the character (I’m pretty sure I read that in an interview), but I don’t think he likes him enough as to use him frequently. Still, using him two times is no small deal, there’re writers who don’t touch a character more than once. I think both things have pros and cons, on one hand, it’s nice to see a complete vision of a writer on a character, but in the other it can get repetitive and it’s cool to see a writer taggling different characters.

It’s a good week for Bane, appearing in two books (or at least depicted in two covers, I haven’t read Batman/TMNT II, so I can’t say if he really appears), but what about quality? Conquest is still a fun book, though I would have liked a better introduction to KGBeast, a more grandiloquent one I mean. I would’ve liked if Dixon had keep they previous encounter in canon. Nolan had some very good panels. Personally, I really liked the one with Bane shooting in the floor. What did you thought of Conquest? And what about Batman/TMNT II? Is it any good? The review on Batman News wasn’t favorable, but others sites have ranked it higher
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think Tynion is more eager to use Ra’s and the League of Assasins than Bane. He probably likes the character (I’m pretty sure I read that in an interview), but I don’t think he likes him enough as to use him frequently. Still, using him two times is no small deal, there’re writers who don’t touch a character more than once. I think both things have pros and cons, on one hand, it’s nice to see a complete vision of a writer on a character, but in the other it can get repetitive and it’s cool to see a writer taggling different characters.

It’s a good week for Bane, appearing in two books (or at least depicted in two covers, I haven’t read Batman/TMNT II, so I can’t say if he really appears), but what about quality? Conquest is still a fun book, though I would have liked a better introduction to KGBeast, a more grandiloquent one I mean. I would’ve liked if Dixon had keep they previous encounter in canon. Nolan had some very good panels. Personally, I really liked the one with Bane shooting in the floor. What did you thought of Conquest? And what about Batman/TMNT II? Is it any good? The review on Batman News wasn’t favorable, but others sites have ranked it higher
    I'm not checking out Batman/TMNT, so I dunno how Bane is there.

I agree that KGBeast felt a bit underwhelming in today's Conquest, but I'm a weirdo. I'm bizarrely excited that Gunhawke is coming up (and hope that Gunbunny is joining him). Bane is definitely playing a very interesting game - I kind of wish the first few issues had shown more of him actually conquering all the people Kobra took out in today's issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Conquest definitely needed to show him conquering all those people and now he's already lost them all. I guess if he takes over Kobra in the end it wont matter. But here's the thing will DC acknowledge that?

I already said that I enjoyed Bane by Tynion so I have nothing bad to say about Batman/TMNT 2. Bane wasn't in it much but he exuded sheer menace on every page like I expected. It follows the same basic idea as Conquest and continues a thread from Bane of the Demon.

BANNED

Bane was also in Murphy's White Knight.

I absolutely agree that showing Bane gain his criminal empire would've helped the overall story. I might check Batman/TMNT II. I totally forgot about Murphy's comic. But in White Knight he's more of a side character, right? Not playing a pronimenent role

BANNED

He's not a main character but Murphy is keeping the rogues instead of throwing them under the bus for now. What do you think of his design?

I liked it, though the mask could be closer to the original design to make him more recognizable. It reminded me of Injustice’s Regime Bane skin, whose mask was too far away from the Graham Nolan design. Still, Murphy’s resembles a lot more the “Luchador”’ style, so I’m fine with it

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    #36-#40. Great stuff
    Definitely one the very top best Bane stories. I custom bound it into Cataclysm thru NML binds.

I'm really liking Bane Conquest too.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Bane on a dinosaur, your argument is invalid (do people still use that expression?)

0D2C407C-83CB-41E4-ACDF-83D7019237B3.jpg

Bane is my fourth favorite Batman villain, more should be done with him. I wish I could get more into Bane Conquest considering it's Dixon and Nolan but so far it hasn't held up my interest.

There is something inherently badass about Bane drinking a beer. His role in No Man’s Land, though short, it’s pretty damn good
    D21DAB49-5446-431A-A47D-05EB102A7301.jpg
    9DF1F50E-B106-4A9B-9B72-D683722F7389.jpg
    B6CDD776-508C-4B6D-B9CA-E8B08062177C.jpg

Mighty Member

One of my favorite Batman villains since he debuted 25 years ago in comics when i was 12 and i always saw him as a Batman version of Doomsday.

And who else liked his appearances on Batman TAS? i did when i was 13 with his debut episode being one of my faves.