Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Boom Boom fits Tabitha’s personalty way better than Meltdown. She hasn’t been in an xtreme bad ass phase in a looonnng time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Boom Boom fits Tabitha’s personalty way better than Meltdown. She hasn’t been in an xtreme bad ass phase in a looonnng time.
    Yeah last time she was she was in a ongoing continuity series #justsayin
    GrindrStone(D)

This is only a rough sketch...but it makes me so excited.

Make sure you all pre-order!

Source: Adam Gorham's Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    He makes Illy look like a ghoul, I must say. Yikes!

Maybe it will look better after inks and colors.
    I don't like the artist. Illyana looks awful on this.

Spectacular Member

Is there a chance of this still coming out as planned?

I was almost as excited for this as for the movie.

I imagine Marvel will put it out anyways, but it will look stupid without the movie in theaters like they planned!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I imagine Marvel will put it out anyways, but it will look stupid without the movie in theaters like they planned!
    its better this way. It seemed puzzling that they'd put out a NM mini that doesnt feature the classic lineup in the film.. Seemed more like a cash grab to capitalize on the name
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-12-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its better this way. It seemed puzzling that they'd put out a NM mini that doesnt feature the classic lineup in the film.. Seemed more like ac ash grab to capitalize on the name
    Well, you know Marvel. They only kinda respond to the Fox films(less and less with each film). Once Disney buys Fox's assets, the comics and movies will sync up a lot more cleanly, for good or ill.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Shot of the team minus Karma from a cover

that looks more like an X-Factor reunion. Why is Guido in this when so many key NM are not? Heck even Warpath would have been a better choice if they needed a "strong guy"

that looks more like an X-Factor reunion. Why is Guido in this when so many key NM are not? Heck even Warpath would have been a better choice if they needed a "strong guy"
    I'm still hoping Dani has a role to play. I love most of these characters (kind of meh on Guido), but the team doesn't scream New Mutants. Could be NM, X-factor or even X-force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm still hoping Dani has a role to play. I love most of these characters (kind of meh on Guido), but the team doesn't scream New Mutants. Could be NM, X-factor or even X-force.
    It's meant to be a merger of sorts, and it's supposed to be a temporary squad anyway. But yeah, I would've much preferred Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Shatterstar or X-Man here rather than Strong Guy.

BANNED

Nah, Strong Guy is great. Unlike Boom Boom he's actually been in quality X-Men comics. I'd replace Tabitha with Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I imagine they just wanted to give the two anticipated break-out stars from the film (Magik and Wolfsbane) some page time. And then the movie got pushed back a year, oops.

If this was a revamp of X-Factor, people would be complaining that it is too much of a NM book. The writer wanted this group, so let's see what he does with them. It is better them dumping classic formations for the sake of it. At least they are all well known characters, and the odds that you'll like at least a couple of them is big.