To me Giganta has always been a cool visual, looking for story. She’s one of those characters that stick around primarily because artist like to draw her, not so much because she has a history of riveting stories. I think her issues stem from relatively weak origin stories. Their really isn’t anything about her that links her specifically to Wonder Woman’s world and it’s themes, but yet she is one of WW’s most popular and consistently used rogues both inside and outside of her book.

Though not all WW rogues need to be myth based, I feel she is one of the characters in the gallery that would benifit from such a reimagining. None of her previous origins and motivations really work for me. I’d make her an actual mythical giant, perhaps even go the swamp thing route where she discovers, what she thought was her past was wrong (she’s a giant that can shrink not a human that can grow). Ultimately I’d like the character to be in a place where she is the queen of giants. Imagine Giganta as the ruler of an army of giants that are made up of every type of giant you can think of from mythology. This reworking of the character amplifies what we like about the character (her visual) while getting rid of the elements that really hold her back( weak origin story, and tenuous thematic connection to the hero). Giants are a classic archetypal antagonists for mythic demigod heroes like Wonder Woman, right up their with sorcerers/sorceresses (Circe) and Rogue gods (Ares). This to me would be infinately better then an evolved ape, or a random crook who got growing powers, and hates Diana for some reason.