Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I wouldn't sacrifice her human aspect for being a Titan or Jotun because it loses her human foibles. Also, it'll make it more interesting if/when she encounters other giants of myth - she's like them, but not of them. That situation can provide some interesting conflict.
    I would simply write around that in a Loki kind of way. Like what if during the Titanomancy or during the last great purge of Jotuns on Earth, Giganta was sufficiently small and scawny that she managed to hide from the gods and has since spent the ages living among humans, but kept what she is quiet out of fear of the gods returning for her.

By the time we reach the modern era, Giganta has like much of humanity woken up to the idea that the gods are either dead or pays no more attention to Earth, and she loosens up a bit. And she manages to still keep it low key, but improves her lot through her powers for a few decades, but then Diana shows up and the Gods follow in her wake. Giganta has now grown a fondness for her new way of life, and refuses to be put under once more and reasons that if the gods have been there all along, then they clearly don't care that she's around.

Whenever or not you want to tie her to any mythological giants largely depends on if you want her to have any additional powers other than her bigness, which I have to say, she should.
    So picture this. Giganta looks like a normal woman at most times, though I think her 'small' size should still be Big Barda-tall and quite heavy-set like she's a weight lifter. But when she grows a hundred feet she can't look human any longer and she takes on the appearance somewhat similar to the GoT White Walkers and the Night King, not necessarily making her look like a frozen zombie, but more like she's made of an ancient block of ice underneath and what passes for her skin looks more like dirt thats been frozen onto her.
    The effects of her transforming into her real form could also have an effect on the area, like the act of her doing so cause the temperature to plummet and a blizzard starts covering the area in snow and ice. In the past, she's used this trick simply to get away from potential dangers, and in the modern age it's shown that she can actually move fast enough that people think her storms are odd but natural.
    Plus you can give her other ice-related powers, like generating coldfields, throwing icicles, regenerate by coming into contact with water.

Anyways this is just a suggestion you could use, but it might be going too far off track that maybe we are talking about a new character.

I do think she should be half human, half-giant. That maybe due to her being half-giant it actually causes her illness to be worst and incurable.

I prefer the mad scientist angle over the mythical scion. To me, she monster-izes herself and has a diabolical desire to unlock the genetic mysteries of metahumans, mythical creatures, magical organisms, aliens, demigods and gods, and other cryptozoological beings.

Diana has so many myth-related foes, that I'd like to see some as myth-adjacent and operating in a universe such as the DCU that has this wild range on biologies. It gives her a lot of avenues to travel down as a character.

I prefer mad scientist, too. Not all of Wonder Woman's foes have to be rooted in mythology. Most of her best villains are mortal, human women.

Although honestly, with a character like Giganta, she doesn't even have to have some long drawn out backstory. She could just be muscle for hire.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I prefer mad scientist, too. Not all of Wonder Woman's foes have to be rooted in mythology. Most of her best villains are mortal, human women.

Although honestly, with a character like Giganta, she doesn't even have to have some long drawn out backstory. She could just be muscle for hire.
    I feel just using her as hired muscle is kind of a waste for one of Diana’s more well known Rogues. I don’t think all of WW’s villians should be myth based either. But in Giganta’s case I feel it would really up her abilities and usefulness if she was. Plus her overall motif lends her to that reimagining, where as a lot of other villians it would be more of a stretch.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 12-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Well I do think she should be a desperate scientist and just accidentally injects her with experimental of her mutations DNA. That she finds a way to unlock it
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I prefer the mad scientist angle over the mythical scion. To me, she monster-izes herself and has a diabolical desire to unlock the genetic mysteries of metahumans, mythical creatures, magical organisms, aliens, demigods and gods, and other cryptozoological beings.

Diana has so many myth-related foes, that I'd like to see some as myth-adjacent and operating in a universe such as the DCU that has this wild range on biologies. It gives her a lot of avenues to travel down as a character.
    That's part of why I like the idea that she was born a human and made herself something monstrous. Though in her case it's not due to being power hungry, but something more reasonable.

Maybe she starts just injecting herself with many different things. Like one day she will do mythical animals and the next until untested treatments

Just wanted to say, Giganta original's costume is back in Damage #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Just wanted to say, Giganta original's costume is back in Damage #2.
    Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it *is* her classic, iconic look. On the other, I was a big fan of her New 52 look.

Although I will say I'm not feeling the doe-eyed look on her face.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I can't help but think that maybe Giganta could be a villain in the same vein as Bane is for Batman she needs to the woman who broke Wonder Woman. In fact when was the last time any of her enemies broke her?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it *is* her classic, iconic look. On the other, I was a big fan of her New 52 look.

Although I will say I'm not feeling the doe-eyed look on her face.
    Yeah, she was portrayed a bit more sinister and calculating recently in Wonder Woman as they set her up for inclusion in the Suicide Squad.

Also, how do they mess up on her wearing her old costume? You'd think someone would be on top of that, but maybe they're changing it back. <shoulder shrug> While it's classic, it feels like a regression when compared to the other characters...(Although I guess Grundy's clothes are all tatters and tears too.)

Couldn't Giganata have more than more costume? Maybe how she got the costume if you still want her to be Doris? Like maybe it's from a mystic tribe or she did lose her mind and skins an animal as she turned into Giganata. Or it's just a costume she likes wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I can't help but think that maybe Giganta could be a villain in the same vein as Bane is for Batman she needs to the woman who broke Wonder Woman. In fact when was the last time any of her enemies broke her?
    there was the time Deva shot her, and when Circe stole her powers, then when Medusa forced her to blind herself in order to win a fight....

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    there was the time Deva shot her, and when Circe stole her powers, then when Medusa forced her to blind herself in order to win a fight....
    Yeah but Bane not only out thought Batman he broke Batman so badly and forced to seek a replacement until he could heal up. Which left a mistake that would haunt Batman for a long time. Has anyone ever done some of that magnitude to Wonder Woman?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he