Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Agreed. If we can’t get the original costume design what other costumes did you like. How about something simply . Due to the giants allying themselves to the titans, they stated attacking any and all who worshipped the gods. It finally got worst she stripped them of their giantpowers and height. The leader of the giants carried a staff. Which made them taller as the gods or grow even taller. This was hidden. Until Doris finds it. I’m curious how tall should she natural be? Maybe around the same size as big barb?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    ^^^This, thank you you.

Doris Zeul should be a fascinating, brilliant biologist/meta-biologost, zoologist/cryptozoologist, biochemist, and geneticist in the DCU. Giganta is frightening, but Doris is menacing.
    And this is what I was saying, Doris can be the scientific Giganta, and a 2nd Giganta could have a connection the mythical Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Agreed. If we can’t get the original costume design what other costumes did you like. How about something simply . Due to the giants allying themselves to the titans, they stated attacking any and all who worshipped the gods. It finally got worst she stripped them of their giantpowers and height. The leader of the giants carried a staff. Which made them taller as the gods or grow even taller. This was hidden. Until Doris finds it. I’m curious how tall should she natural be? Maybe around the same size as big barb?
    Maybe Doris is obsess with being tall because she is short like 4'10 or under
    Last edited by Mutant God; 12-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.

One idea proposed in a previous thread was for Doris Zuel to be a scientist trying to cure her terminal illness by infusing herself with DNA from a mythical source. Then the giantism is totally accidental since she didn't know the DNA came from one of the Titans of Myth.

OOH! plot synopsis:

WW is investigating a series of robberies that targeted ancient artifacts. But before she finds the culprit, Doris finds what she was looking for and infuses herself essence of Titan. WW finds her right as the infusion is finishing. When WW tries to apprehend her, Doris turns into Giganta for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Classic Giganta, jungle-print and all, is perfect. Her origin is perfect, and her motivation is simple 'mad scientist' ambition. Writers should put the focus on Doris Zeul's personality and KEEP it, there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    A good improvement would be to make her actually show up in a Wonder Woman comic (The character has no Silver or Bronze Age appearances in the title!) and then have her not immediately job to someone (I'm looking at you Robinson!)
    All true. I agree with both.

Make Giganta (back) into a powerful, to-be feared villainess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    And this is what I was saying, Doris can be the scientific Giganta, and a 2nd Giganta could have a connection the mythical Giants.

Maybe Doris is obsess with being tall because she is short like 4'10 or under
    Maybe that was the curse giants are short instead of tall or regular height

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One idea proposed in a previous thread was for Doris Zuel to be a scientist trying to cure her terminal illness by infusing herself with DNA from a mythical source. Then the giantism is totally accidental since she didn't know the DNA came from one of the Titans of Myth.

OOH! plot synopsis:

WW is investigating a series of robberies that targeted ancient artifacts. But before she finds the culprit, Doris finds what she was looking for and infuses herself essence of Titan. WW finds her right as the infusion is finishing. When WW tries to apprehend her, Doris turns into Giganta for the first time.
    Forgot a few things. I'd just give Doris a fashion sense that makes her dress in jungle print. No real meaning behind it, just say that she likes it.

As for why she hates WW.... it's a sort of revenge. She turned herself into Giganta because she was dying, and WW tried to stop her. WW failed, but Doris remembers that WW tried. Thus Doris more or less sees it as WW having tried to kill her.

One thing I hope she keeps is her intelligence. Yea Diana stops Doris because she was committing crimes and killing mystical creatures. I do have to ask how does the now Givanta come about. Should it be because she really was a giant princess or simply because of something else? Maybe her illness is because of all her travels ? That since she studies many animal, creatures and mystical ones she experimented with them making her sick

Yeah, Renae and I were going to do a lot with GIGANTA's character in Legend of Wonder Woman Vol. 2.

Act-3-Egypt.jpg

Hey, thanks for keeping the LoWW petition in your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    Yeah, Renae and I were going to do a lot with GIGANTA's character in Legend of Wonder Woman Vol. 2.

Act-3-Egypt.jpg

Hey, thanks for keeping the LoWW petition in your signature!
    No problem. How much can you reveal to us about you version of her?

One thing I hope she keeps is her intelligence. Yea Diana stops Doris because she was committing crimes and killing mystical creatures. I do have to ask how does the now Givanta come about. Should it be because she really was a giant princess or simply because of something else? Maybe her illness is because of all her travels ? That since she studies many animal, creatures and mystical ones she experimented with them making her sick
    I'd have it that the illness isn't something she did to herself. That way it's her motivation for doing bad stuff not a side effect.

What if she was born with it? I mean how would she get the name Giganta, what if it's Gigantism? It can be painful and the body has to even work harder.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-02-2017 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

You take the inherent pulp and soft science elements that makes her 'attack of the 50 ft woman' and set them on fire... because that's why no one ever takes her the slightest bit serious.

And since her primary foe is Wonder Woman, you take the idea of Giganta and either makes her Titan or a Jotun from Norse mythology.

So giganta should be a joke villain? I do think with the right team she can be a great villain.

BANNED

So giganta should be a joke villain? I do think with the right team she can be a great villain.
    No I am not saying she should be a joke villain. I am saying she IS a joke villain, and she's been that for decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No I am not saying she should be a joke villain. I am saying she IS a joke villain, and she's been that for decades now.
    How would you change it?