Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What if she was born with it? I mean how would she get the name Giganta, what if it's Gigantism? It can be painful and the body has to even work harder.
    I'd have it that she doesn't call herself that until after she transforms into Giganta. Most supervillains don't use their villain name before they get their powers. IIRC it was cancer killing her in the original. That's the sort of thing that can take decades... painful decades.

Sure. But how would that make sense? Unless that was who owned the mythical artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sure. But how would that make sense? Unless that was who owned the mythical artificial.
    Not all parts of her origin need to be interconnected. You could just have it that the disease is why she became a villain, and becoming a supervillain is the only way she was able to save herself from the cancer. In one way it's tragic, but in another it's her own doing.

There doesn't really need to be a deep meaning behind the moniker she uses as a villain.

True even if you being in something like the purple healing ray it should simply due to all the experiments she has done can’t heal her disease. I mean gigananta could simply be a nickname she liked to use .

Well, what's to say she ever had a chance to have the healing ray used on her? Doris Zuel had never been anywhere near it AFAIK. Maybe she knows of it's existence, maybe not?

Maybe she should know of it when meeting Diana . I mean we actually don’t see it too mich in the comics. I mean what if Diana did take the ray but the power source is gone and it’s only found on paradise island? Seeing this as her last option she steals it. She uses a mythical gem turning it on. The gem enchances the different dna Doris has used in herself until she is what we now know.

I think keeping the menace of the Doris Zeul personality is important. She should be a human who, in a tough spot, uses unscrupulous, criminal, and/or dangerous means to achieve her goals. I like the tragic disease affliction that drives her to find a cure and the result is becoming Giganta. The brilliant scientist/doctor angle who messes with metahuman biology and god/demigod genetics is an interesting way for her to arrive at becoming Giganta.

I wouldn't sacrifice her human aspect for being a Titan or Jotun because it loses her human foibles. Also, it'll make it more interesting if/when she encounters other giants of myth - she's like them, but not of them. That situation can provide some interesting conflict.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 12-03-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Well I'd have it that Giganta still thinks like Doris Zuel. She may have the powers of a mythical giant, but she doesn't know what they are beyond what she's read in books.

I agree, are there any powers other than her skill to grow?

Astonishing Member

Hmmm.

I'll echo some of what I'm seeing here. One thing I'd love to see is combining some of these into one big story.

A few things: I don't know too much about her earlier incarnations but I know Giganta in the modern day despite her villainy tends to be one of the "nicer" adversaries Diana faces. More reflex than actual hate or anger.

Personally I'd echo a bit with Diana's origin here but instead of it being a story of finding a place Giganta's begins with losing herself in a way.

Depending on where the origin would start for a reader I'd like her to be from a species of giants. One that's nearly extinct and as we later find out a big part of that die off ends up being that Giganta was a Princess or Queen, her people into science and other peaceful ways. But her greed and envy led her to killing others of her kind, and her friends or family eventually defeat and capture her erasing her memories of her land of giants and sending her to the Human's World, shrinking her but the process simply gives the power to shrink and grow not having functioned completely (so like Diana she's somewhat magical somewhat sciency like the Amazon's technology). Her people deciding it's the most humane way of dealing with her and giving her a chance at rehabilitating in life. There on Earth her natural love of science still pushes through as Doris Zuel and years later of her own life she accidentally discovers her "powers". From there it becomes a somewhat case of nature versus nurture with Doris. Though her actual memories are gone her old monstrous self and Doris' personalities cause a battle of sorts and somewhat like two face you never know which side is working with or against you but with her good side actually trying to do good but sometimes falling to shortcuts and temptations.

Why not mixing them both. That she is part giant and due to her having a aggressive cancer she only finds out due to her looking at cells of magical beings in her office when she is looking for a cure. Being at Gateway she tries to figure out where thalf giants learn. Her giant name was Giganta and so she is looking for what became of her kingdom and magical artifacts. She learns that Diana has found it’s and it’s going to be put on display. She steals it. What would keep her fighting Diana. Diana doesn’t want her to revive he giants

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a DC Reader. I don't know the backstories of a lot of these villains; just powersets and stuff from the animated works.

Does Diana have a "lex luthor" of her own? because I could imagine that character being a patron of Doris Zuel. she/he could provide Zuel the missing ingredient (I'm guessing that it's magical or jotun dna) to her scientific pursuits; knowing that she would be the abuse power type. as for motivation, you could always go with the topical gender inequality. maybe Doris' work has been overlooked, for the likes of someone like Ray Palmer. how she reacts is what would make her a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I'm not a DC Reader. I don't know the backstories of a lot of these villains; just powersets and stuff from the animated works.

Does Diana have a "lex luthor" of her own? because I could imagine that character being a patron of Doris Zuel. she/he could provide Zuel the missing ingredient (I'm guessing that it's magical or jotun dna) to her scientific pursuits; knowing that she would be the abuse power type. as for motivation, you could always go with the topical gender inequality. maybe Doris' work has been overlooked, for the likes of someone like Ray Palmer. how she reacts is what would make her a villain.
    Yes does. Veronica Cale

Mighty Member

I figured Robinson would have made her Zeus daughter in his run with similar powers to Diana

I would have to disagree, I mean we already have several characters. Why not explore her and Hecate.