Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Speaking of which, GLAMOROUS suits Selina a lot better than it suits Lois. I don't like Glamorous Lois either. I don't really like Mom-Lois, in part because I don't think Lois is the kind of woman who'd even want kids, but I also don't think of her as glamorous. If she gets gussied up for some big event, I think it should be kind of a big deal for her. Getting her glam on should be work that comes sort of hard to her, not an everyday appearance. That's not to say she's not beautiful; she is, she's just not GLAMOROUS.
    See, I remember watching Superman: The Animated Series where Lois, to me, came off as being this very stylish and glamorous woman in the same kind of natural way you see in Selina, albeit maybe not as in-your-face about it or a tad more casual, so that kind of informs my take and what I usually expect from Lois.

That's the same feel I got from Teri Hatcher as well, and what I felt Erica Durance eventually developed into on Smallville.

Astonishing Member

Men were always stunned by Lois. She's pretty much suppose to be gorgeous and stunning.

Last edited by The World; 12-02-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: found the scan
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Talk about great art- I especially love that last panel of Superman catching the train- his face looks fantastic- not too lined, not too young. Perfectly classic.

I will say though, first of all, Lois is obviously right and I have no idea why Superman is having such a hard time with this. Being emotionally stunted is Batman's thing, that's why he hasn't called you!

Second of all, I just don't think that "darling" is a good word to come out of Lois's mouth. Somehow it just doesn't work for me. Don't know why. I only like one pet name for the Man of Steel, and it's "Smallville".

Then again, I felt the same way about Jon calling his dad "sir" (weiiird) and nobody agreed with me on that, so maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree.
    I agree, this makes it seems like Clark divorced Lois off-panel and just started dating Selina when she moved to Metropolis. it feels weird.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I agree, this makes it seems like Clark divorced Lois off-panel and just started dating Selina when she moved to Metropolis. it feels weird.
    Don't be ridiculous. It sounds fine.

I swear, some of you just live to complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Lol, I don't go for that either. I never really saw Superman as a dude who has his son call him sir. Possibly perpetuated by an army brat mom. I also don't really put "darling" in Lois' vocabulary. It almost seems sarcastic, haha. Does make me curious about the affection Superman and Batman wll show each other by the end of all this, and how it'll be implied in the way they address each other.
    I think it's fine, I just read it as her being sarcastic. Not something she'd say with a straight face. There's gotta be an eye roll in there, lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Is it weird that I want to see Tom King take on the World's Finest team of DC in a mini-series of sorts. Like considering the various incarnations of Batman and Superman and their friends and Foe: It's worth trying to attempt, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    See, I remember watching Superman: The Animated Series where Lois, to me, came off as being this very stylish and glamorous woman in the same kind of natural way you see in Selina, albeit maybe not as in-your-face about it or a tad more casual, so that kind of informs my take and what I usually expect from Lois.

That's the same feel I got from Teri Hatcher as well, and what I felt Erica Durance eventually developed into on Smallville.
    That's definitely fair about Delaney's Lois, and she's one of the best. Definitely seems more at home in a dress to me than Hatcher's did, though I still don't think she'd put one on without reason- not that Lois wears a dress in the art we're discussing anyway. Unsure about Durance; I didn't see all of her in Smallville, having only watched the last season.

Also, some of this might be the fact that I internalized John Byrne's claim that Lois isn't "beautiful like a movie star", but beautiful in a more down-to-Earth kind of way. More glamorous than Lana, less than Selina. I don't necessarily think it's a "looks" thing either, just how she carries herself. Lois can absolutely pull off a glamorous dress, but if she's not doing it for an in-story reason, I kind of feel like it's out of character. For example, that time inSuperman the Wedding Album she was a more risque dress while pretending to marry some jerk before wearing a simpler one to actually marry Clark.

On the other hand, I don't think I can hear Delaney's Lane saying "darling" either, sarcastic or not. After all, she's the one who popularized the "Smallville" nickname, that I'm apparently a diehard for, right?

"Darling" is kind of a weird word though. I think it immediately sounds either posh or cowboy whenever anyone says it. Lois isn't posh while Selina is, but Lois sure isn't cowboy either. Maybe a sarcastic "honey" wouldn't have bugged me so much, since it's a more neutral word? No, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I swear, some of you just live to complain about everything.
    Eh, I'm definitely nitpicking in this instance, but I don't see the problem with it. I seriously think it's weird that Jon calls Clark "sir", considering that Jon's a fresh baked character still being formed, but a slightly off-key "darling" from 79 year old Lois Lane isn't nearly as significant; it's just kind of fun to think about the characters in this kind of detail.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

That's definitely fair about Delaney's Lois, and she's one of the best. Definitely seems more at home in a dress to me than Hatcher's did, though I still don't think she'd put one on without reason- not that Lois wears a dress in the art we're discussing anyway. Unsure about Durance; I didn't see all of her in Smallville, having only watched the last season.

Also, some of this might be the fact that I internalized John Byrne's claim that Lois isn't "beautiful like a movie star", but beautiful in a more down-to-Earth kind of way. More glamorous than Lana, less than Selina. I don't necessarily think it's a "looks" thing either, just how she carries herself. Lois can absolutely pull off a glamorous dress, but if she's not doing it for an in-story reason, I kind of feel like it's out of character. For example, that time inSuperman the Wedding Album she was a more risque dress while pretending to marry some jerk before wearing a simpler one to actually marry Clark.

On the other hand, I don't think I can hear Delaney's Lane saying "darling" either, sarcastic or not. After all, she's the one who popularized the "Smallville" nickname, that I'm apparently a diehard for, right?

"Darling" is kind of a weird word though. I think it immediately sounds either posh or cowboy whenever anyone says it. Lois isn't posh while Selina is, but Lois sure isn't cowboy either. Maybe a sarcastic "honey" wouldn't have bugged me so much, since it's a more neutral word? No, I don't know.
    I think "darling" is just common relationship vernacular in Tom King's comic world .

I don't even think Selina is posh enough to use "darling," but I think it does makes more sense for her.

BANNED

Early reviews are very positive.

Too bad I won't be reading this till I catch up to it once I start reading Tom King's Batman.