Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

If i remenber correctly, King said in an interview that all the boys see Bruce as a father figure. I don't completly agreed with that notion (Dick and Bruce is too complicated to only be describe as father/son), but yake that as you want.

All then see eacth other as brothers thougth

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If i remenber correctly, King said in an interview that all the boys see Bruce as a father figure. I don't completly agreed with that notion (Dick and Bruce is too complicated to only be describe as father/son), but yake that as you want.

Honestly, sometimes I think people just overcomplicate things when they try and downplay or move away from the idea of Bruce and Dick being father/son.

I know their relationship is a little more complex then your typical father/son dynamic, but when you get right down to it that's what it always has been and always will be.

Of course, I've also never bought into the whole "big brother/little brother" dynamic that people have brought up in interviews, so that might color my reading of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Well thats nice to know, but that implication would be more nice to read in a comic than an interview. King seems to pay a lot of lip service in interviews about all the boys being sons to Bruce and family and all that 'good stuff'. I'll keep my eye out for future interactions made by him, but I don't want to hold my breath just yet that we'll actually get to enjoy that kind of content in the series.

For me, Bruce see Dick as a son, Dick see Bruce as a big brother, but also recognize to a certain level he is like a father too, Morrison seemed to agreed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, sometimes I think people just overcomplicate things when they try and downplay or move away from the idea of Bruce and Dick being father/son.

I know their relationship is a little more complex then your typical father/son dynamic, but when you get right down to it that's what it always has been and always will be.

Of course, I've also never bought into the whole "big brother/little brother" dynamic that people have brought up in interviews, so that might color my reading of it.
    I think their relationship mirrors Dick and Damian the two are brothers but also Dick is a sort of Surrogate father, mentor. Dick is Bruce's son but also he is more, very close brother, most trusted ally, closest friend. Their relationship is just typical father son. It transcends that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Well thats nice to know, but that implication would be more nice to read in a comic than an interview. King seems to pay a lot of lip service in interviews about all the boys being sons to Bruce and family and all that 'good stuff'. I'll keep my eye out for future interactions made by him, but I don't want to hold my breath just yet that we'll actually get to enjoy that kind of content in the series.
    He also can't seem to make up his mind because during his Grayson run he said that Dick and Bruce aren't like father son. He saw them as brothers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't they all legally Bruce Wayne's wards, even though Damian is the only biological son?

I don't think Bruce adopting the other Robins has been re-established as yet. Just recently in 'Tec they brought up that he's still Tim's legal guardian.
    Jason being adopted is something that was never taken out since the reboot in 11 but yeah.

Jason being adopted is something that was never taken out since the reboot in 11 but yeah.
    True, i think that there is an offcial biography that stated Jason to be "Adopted by Batman".

So we know all agree that all 4 "sons" were in the group shot and of course Duke?

We all see that now

BANNED

That was my take first time I saw it. The boys are there, Cass or Helena are there, Barbara and Stepth are there and Carrie Kelley is there, wherever you like to call her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That was my take first time I saw it. The boys are there, Cass or Helena are there, Barbara and Stepth are there and Carrie Kelley is there, wherever you like to call her.
    Nevermind, somebody confimed it was Steph because of the shirt she is wearing. I didn't know that purple was her color.

I thought maybe the woman could be Claire.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-03-2017 at 11:47 AM.

What a great issue!!!! Much better than what I was expecting. I really enjoyed the interactions between Clark & Lois and Bruce & Selina, looking forward to the next issue. I loved the way each caped hero described the other. And the art was glorious, Clay & Seth Mann keep getting better
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

This issue is great, I have a feeling I’ll enjoy this arc a lot.

Also, loving Lois “You must be Catwoman, I’m Lois.”

It was a good issue. My only quibble was that Selina shouldn't have been able to find out Clark's secret identity on her own. It would have worked better if Clark revealed it to her at the end of the arc.

Yeah I feel like the issue was showing batman and superman are similar to the point of their significant others which I thought was nice.