Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The crime world is not going to know that Batman and Catwoman is "official". They already know that those two tend to like each other. And Selina is not going to have a conversation with the criminal underworld either. The criminals are going to think either one or two things:

That Selina ended up marrying billionaire Bruce Wayne. People know they have dated before.

And a couple of smarter ones will put two and two together.

But that's on King to figure that whole thing out and we are just going to have to wait and see how he does it.
    I can imagine them thinking she's marrying Bruce Wayne as part of a longer con and is continuing a fling with Batman on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The crime world is not going to know that Batman and Catwoman is "official". They already know that those two tend to like each other. And Selina is not going to have a conversation with the criminal underworld either. The criminals are going to think either one or two things:

That Selina ended up marrying billionaire Bruce Wayne. People know they have dated before.

And a couple of smarter ones will put two and two together.

But that's on King to figure that whole thing out and we are just going to have to wait and see how he does it.
    IDK, knowledge is power and I wouldn't put it past Talia to send a few messages back to Gotham about the new status quo - just to mess with them for a number of reasons.

The trifecta of romantic love, marriage, and commitment is a new arena for Bats and Cats and quite possibly an untested weakness or strength for them. It's too delicious/dramatic of a potential scenario for Gotham's villains to not find out.

Batman gave in to romance to a degree. Catwoman walked the fence and has leapt off for the side of good. Harley and Ivy might have some legitimate questions for their Siren gal pal. (Harley probably wants an invite to the wedding.) Two-Face or Penguin or Scarecrow may want to place Batman or Catwoman in peril as leverage to finally learn Batman's identity. Joker may be inconsolable that Batman is more committed to Catwoman than he is to him.

We'll have to see what King does, but I hope it gets revealed. There's a lot of interesting story potential.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    IDK, knowledge is power and I wouldn't put it past Talia to send a few messages back to Gotham about the new status quo - just to mess with them for a number of reasons.

The trifecta of romantic love, marriage, and commitment is a new arena for Bats and Cats and quite possibly an untested weakness or strength for them. It's too delicious/dramatic of a potential scenario for Gotham's villains to not find out.

Batman gave in to romance to a degree. Catwoman walked the fence and has leapt off for the side of good. Harley and Ivy might have some legitimate questions for their Siren gal pal. (Harley probably wants an invite to the wedding.) Two-Face or Penguin or Scarecrow may want to place Batman or Catwoman in peril as leverage to finally learn Batman's identity. Joker may be inconsolable that Batman is more committed to Catwoman than he is to him.

We'll have to see what King does, but I hope it gets revealed. There's a lot of interesting story potential.
    Well here is the thing, this has been tested before. I mean in Heart of Hush, Batman walked right up to Gordon and said "where is she?" and then Gordon showed him Selina. Now, Gordon knows that Batman and Catwoman are close. And there here is Batman being concerned about Selina Kyle. So either Gordon thinks Batman likes BOTH women OR Gordon figured out that Selina must be the Catwoman. Does he tell? No. In fact, I think Gordon knows that Bruce is Batman and that Batman is Bruce Wayne.

So again, we will have to wait and see how this all turns out. Or rather, what direction King takes this.

Ultimate Member

Honestly I've mostly gone with the idea that Gordon already knows, or at least strongly suspects, that Bruce is Batman. He just doesn't say anything openly or pursue the matter. It makes the most sense to me.

Heck in Hush, Batman himself said that he thinks that Gordon is too smart and too good a cop not to have figured it out.

Same, the alternative is just insulting to Gordon's intelligence/ability.

Gordon just pretend that he doesn't know, because he doesn't wants to hurt Batman's ego .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Gordon just pretend that he doesn't know, because he doesn't wants to hurt Batman's ego .
    Exactly, I bet he also makes sure to turn around and keep his eyes averted for a good number of seconds, before slowly turning back and to his 'shock' finding Batman gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Exactly, I bet he also makes sure to turn around and keep his eyes averted for a good number of seconds, before slowly turning back and to his 'shock' finding Batman gone.
    The most considerate friend that anyone could ask for . He doesn't want to spoil Bruce's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The most considerate friend that anyone could ask for . He doesn't want to spoil Bruce's fun.
    Lol, yep thats about it. Nolan captured this well, I thought. The second time Batman "disappeared" on him, he knew it was going to happen and purposefully was musing and turned around to let him do it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I definitely think Gordon knows. He admitted that he knew in Batman Inc. as well but he just played it off.

Now as far if he knows who anybody else is? No, probably not. But then again, the GCPD, the Rogues and Batman already know the secret identities of all the rest of the Rogues. With the exception of The Joker and maybe Catwoman. I don't think people knew she was Selina Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Lol, yep thats about it. Nolan captured this well, I thought. The second time Batman "disappeared" on him, he knew it was going to happen and purposefully was musing and turned around to let him do it.
    Of course, even Gordon has his limits
    shortpacked__diversion_by_itswalky-d2y9jql.jpg